Andrew Wiggins’ parents are on their way to Huntington

WigginsEdgeUp

Per ESPN basketball recruiting guru Paul Biancardi, the parents of Andrew Wiggins are currently en route to Huntington Prep. The rumored Tuesday announcement date is still yet to be confirmed, but with his parents on the way, it sure seems like Wiggins finally has his mind made up. Cross those fingers and toes, everyone. A decision is coming.

Article written by Andrew McCarthy

59 Comments for Andrew Wiggins’ parents are on their way to Huntington

1. Getbill$
    12:35 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Yawn. Wiggins’ announcement is the most annoying thing ever

2. Ken Tucky
    12:35 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

He spent yesterday at Kings Island with Xavier Raython Mayes that should tell everyone he’s headed to Fla. St. Which I guess is the second best outcome for UK.

3. Possibly
    12:40 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Maybe their family just wants to get together for Mother’s Day?…..or choose a school….either one makes sense

4. Wall2Cousins
    12:40 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

kinda hard to do when Xavier is in Florida and Wiggins is in West Virgina currently

5. Delk for 3
    12:40 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

I know a guy who is friends with Antigua. He told me the announcement will be Monday and that the coaches are confident.

6. catastic
    12:42 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

He spent the last day with his buddie for a while that’s why he waited so long one lat day with his best friend before he heads off to the freatest basketball program in the country BBN

7. Lil c
    12:46 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

I know this class is loaded, but adding Wiggins, will definitely make this the best class ever assembled! Fingers crossed!! Either way, it sounds like it will be over very soon! #BBN

8. Huggy Bear
    12:47 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Welcome to the fold Andrew!

9. lmao
    12:47 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

This whole thing is so silly. I know he’s super talented, but his whole recruitment has been ridiculous – can’t just pick a date like everyone else? We have to guess when he’ll do it based on where his parents are? That said, I hope he picks Kentucky. Go Cats!

10. thenamerobdigity
    12:48 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

The new Brett Favre

11. Haywood
    12:50 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

DONE DEAL.
    He’s getting a UK logo cut into his hair!

12. Derp
    12:54 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

2… They are high school teammates. That should tell everyone who’s dumb.

13. True Blue Fan
    12:54 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

I’ve had a lot of big news the past few weeks; my wife telling me she is expecting our first child, just heard that I got a great new job, and waiting to hear on house we want to buy. But the most anticipated news that I’ve been on pins and needles for is hearing Andrew Wiggins’s announcement. Hope it’s UK!

14. Derp
    12:55 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

7… It’s already the best class ever assembled… I think you meant best team ever assembled

15. OAD
    12:56 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

What is the tail number of the parents plane
    ?

16. BlueDeuce
    12:57 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Certainly want him at UK but if he picks another school i hope it’s FSU so he’s not helping KU or UNC with their win totals!

17. PaKettle
    12:58 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Hey…#1…ESPECIALLY when you’re a Louisville fan, eh!?

18. OAD
    1:00 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

What is MM take on Wiggins? Usually, he is spot on when it comes to recruits.

19. Jeremy Biancardi
    1:04 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

I reported this to ksr 3 hours ago. Damn, get no credit.

20. A Mother's Plea
    1:04 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

It is Mother’s Day? KSR and all other Posters, please stop this for one day, and enjoy this day with mom!

21. Derp
    1:06 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

20… Seriously? Shuuuut uuuup! Mothers day is great but no excuse to shut down ksr for a day. They haven’t shut it down with any other holidays and shouldn’t start with mothers day.

22. Derp
    1:07 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Crazy biotch

23. Derp
    1:08 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

20… What if wiggins announces for uk today but ksr doesn’t break the news because they shut down for mothers day?

24. Derp
    1:09 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

I hate my mom.

25. Derp
    1:09 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

The world doesn’t stop for mothers day… It celebrates it

26. Derp
    1:10 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

24… I probably would if that meant everything had to shut down just for mothers day.

27. OAD
    1:11 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Whoa Derp, step away from the keyboard.

28. Derp Mom
    1:13 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Derp, no blogging for u.

29. Psychic
    1:15 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

He’s definitely announcing on Tuesday and it will be FL St! Crystal ball over and out!

30. Tom Blevins
    1:16 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

I really hope Wiggins comes to Kentucky. But even if he chooses another school, I want it to be over. Then I can go fullfill my McDonalds All American challenge. I’ll go to a local McDonalds and eat one hamburger for each hamburger kid we sign this year. Will I eat six hamburgers or seven? We should know soon.

31. Kev
    1:18 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Happy Mother’s Day to all the MILFs out there.

32. FSU
    1:19 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Done deal, will announce on Monday @ 3pm, to FSU!!!

33. wait for it
    1:21 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

deleted? really? wow. what a jerk.

34. Mickey D's
    1:22 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Hi Tom Blevins, thanks for the support. It will be 7!!!

35. harry
    1:25 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

who is andrew wiggings?

36. I agree with BlueDeuce. And you can add that we don’t want him to possibly help another school like UNC cut into our lead over them in championships

37. AW
    1:30 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Long time looker, first time posting. I am posting this to clear up the current misinformation. My current % to each school. 1/4 to FSU, 1/4 UK, 1/8 to KU, 1/8 to UNC and 1/4 to a school no one is even mention.

38. Otis
    2:19 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

UK 50%

FSU 50%

UNC 25%

KU 25%

39. Rae
    2:25 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

38. So there’s a 150 percent chance he goes somewhere? Good to know.

40. UKBlue
    2:28 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

As much drama as this has been so far & with the apparent lack of ability to make a decision, could this be another Shabazz Muhammad UK dodging a bullet moment

41. KBF
    2:30 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

58% Kentucky
    46% FSU
    39% UNC
    19% Kansas

42. Yoll
    2:33 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Wiggins is enrolled at uk.

43. SexnNursinHomes
    2:36 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

42- Spill it man.

44. what
    2:36 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Who is Andrew Wiggins?

45. sky 57
    2:38 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

best class remains to be seen, another class from another generation might have something to say about that, how about Lew Alcindor,

best class ever remains to be seen, how about the 1966 UCLA freshmen, L. Alcindor, K. Heitz, L. Shackleford and L. Allen, I know another generation, however their accomplishments speak for themselves. I am a UK fan not UCLA, just saying!

46. clueless
    2:40 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

I haven’t read or heard anything about this kid. Really wondering who he is…

47. Bob
    3:11 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

13, glad to see you have your priorities straight.

48. Aaron Harrison
    3:15 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

I said it before and ill say it again F&[email protected] Andrew Wiggins….

49. UKFAN197TONE
    3:25 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Uhhh, UK keeps winning and unc and ku keep winning, whoever (duh UK) is in the lead…STAYS in the lead. Quit sweatin’ the small stuff.

50. Time Will Tell
    3:28 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Matt Jones knows the decision!!!!!!!!!!! Comfirmed today. He knows!!!!!!!!!

51. lss
    3:29 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

This has got to be one of the craziest recruitments ever. Yesterday I was reading everywhere he was a lock to UK, today FSU seems to be the school. I’m sure tomorrow it will be UNC or KU. Anyone can get on here and say they have a source. It literally means nothing. The total lack of information from Wiggins about his college choice has driven all this propaganda.I just read and confirmed that his teammate XRM sent out a tweet today saying this is “gonna be a great week”. Here is my opinion for what it is worth, which is nothing. I think it came down to UK and FSU, but in the end, his parents and good friend won. I think his heart says UK, but he will be a Seminole. I hope with every fiber of my being I am wrong, but that is how I feel.

52. Diehardcatfan
    4:37 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

He said it wants to go to a school that can win a national championship…FSU doesnt have a shot…In my book

53. Mark
    4:57 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

I agree with much of what you say #51. I have read posts from Rick Pitino,AW,and Aaron Harrison that I am sure was not any one of them. Not sure what school he will choose. Most of the inside info we are getting on here is complete BS. Mostly by haters. If what Andrew Wiggins said in interviews that I have heard from his own mouth are true, I would say that FSU would not be his pick as #52 said. Guess we will have to wait and see??

54. Lcat
    5:11 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

Rumor has it that MJ will be on the UNC campus for AWs announcement( with car and co-ed).This boy is a HEEL -we have to grin and bear it. I cant think of anything worse-its a national championship for the HEELS. UK sucks at recruiting when we cant get the number one HS player every year

55. peoplewhowork
    5:20 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

#42 I heard the same thing, Wiggins is enrolled for summer classes at UK. Supposedly and admissions person leaked it. I came to the site expecting to see some sort of proof or the romor mill churning on that one. That can mean only one thing, either it is highly untrue and it is a way out there rumor or this post gets deleted upon site and there is a massive coverup. Just like when the aliens shot JFK with their laser eye beams.

56. peoplewhowork
    5:22 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

#55 wow, proof read next time, spelling is your friend.

57. holler baller
    8:36 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

This guy knows this kid who saw Wiggins pass out in 31 flavors last night. I hear its pretty serious.

58. mike
    9:45 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

You know what just kills me, is the three or four on here like # 56, why don’t you and the others like you stick your PROOF READ up your BUTT, this isn’t no English test here. Most is just trying to have fun with this, WHY if someone misspells something cant you just leave your fingers off the key board? [ I know why because you have no self esteem, you can only feel good about yourself by trying to put others down ]. But I can tell you one thing for a fact, you and the others that just have to make your stupid comments on it are about a thousand times more ignoring to the rest of us then someone misspelling something. Because about 99% of the rest of us don’t really give a crap about the spelling on here! HALLELUJAH! GO CATS

59. peoplewhowork
    9:51 pm May 12, 2013 Permalink

#58 I can definitely sympathize however, if you look at the postings I made the comment about my own post.