Andrew Wiggins named Naismith’s High School Player of the Year

Wait, wrong Wiggins.

And now in “not surprising news”: this morning, Andrew Wiggins was named the 2013 Naismith High School Player of the Year. Was there ever any doubt?

In case you missed it yesterday, watch him dunk on some fools:

Don’t forget: Wiggins will be in Rupp Wednesday night for the Mississippi State game. I hope everyone in attendance will make him feel at home.

23 Comments for Andrew Wiggins named Naismith’s High School Player of the Year

1. MemphisCat
    1:00 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

J. Parker’s dad is very angry, if Wiggins had stayed in his own class, a Duke recruit would be Naismith’s Player of the Year. Now if Mr. Wiggins comes on over to BBN, it would be like Christmas all over.

2. Jimmy Dykes Caddy
    1:01 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

According to the PALM READER at CBS Sports, Wiggins is the 21st best player in the 2013 class and should go to a mid-major in order to really shine. At leat that is what I expect that he will have to say.

3. RealCatsFan
    1:12 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

At what point in his life does a man look in the mirror and think to himself: “I need to pull my pants up higher. Four inches below my armpits just isn’t high enough.” It’s an interesting juxtapositioning to today’s youth wanting to wear their pants down around their ankles. Can we find a happy medium, people? 🙂

4. NL
    1:16 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

That video has to make you smile. Please pick us

5. TN Cat
    1:38 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Which is higher? Andrew Wiggins vertical or those pants?

6. Jimmy Dykes Caddy
    1:43 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

God love him, at his age he has gained the right to wear his pants wherever he wants.
    However, I suggest just about rim high on the basket picture on his shirt…they are on;y at bottom of the net now.

7. Roland
    2:00 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Some UK fans in Rupp will Wigg Out (volume wise) Wed nite.

8. RealCatsFan
    2:23 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

#6, when I get to be that age I will be lucky if I remember to wear pants…

9. hoptownukfan
    2:26 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

If he’s so scared of attention why did he stare down the guy and taunt him after the dunk. Me thinks that the hype about him not wanting attendion is BS>

10. Jimmy Dykes Caddy
    2:31 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

# 8, I agree on that. And, you know what, we likely won’t care what anyone thinks about our paints, if we do remember to wear them. The older I get the more I find myself thinking that way already. LOL

11. Mac-Fu
    2:36 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I met Mr. Wiggins with Mr. Wildcat in Atlanta a few years ago. It was the highlight of my trip! Nice guy no matter where his waistband is.

12. Roland
    2:37 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

10, I hope you have shades on your windows and never back light them at night.

13. Steve Fitts
    3:15 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Wouldn’t it be cool if, next season, the old white Wiggins got to root for the young African-American Wiggins? We’d have to rename Rupp the “Wig-wam”!

14. yoo hoo
    3:26 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

9 – I agree. Hate how he stares at the guy he dunked on, but maybe I’m just an old guy and that’s how the kids roll these days.

15. RealCatsFan
    3:43 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Hard to say what might have gone down before the dunk and the stare – the opponent might have challenged him or trash talked him, or even made a defensive play or something like that. Emotions get carried away with all the testosterone flowing!

16. bluesman
    4:30 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Gee!!! that stare down was mild copared to most i’ve seen looked more like a glance if anything.

17. NotSatire
    4:33 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

That was funny Ms T. #3 Grew up watching Goober. #6 I suggest suspenders. #13 That’s Billboard material right there, Wig & Wig.

18. lil c
    4:33 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

He reminds me of the little old man in the movie UP! lol

19. lil c
    4:38 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I say if UK gets Wiggins, they hang #9! Without him, and they just go with the six they have already. I say atleast final 4. imo

20. Dcper
    5:15 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

The dude that got posterized knew not to make eye contact afterwards…….

21. tk
    7:52 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

love the dunk. don’t need the staredown.

22. Yoda
    9:08 am February 26, 2013 Permalink

I’m not an “old guy” and while that dunk was nasty, the staredown was a total lack of class. The dunk said everything…no need to pursue the guy to mid-court still flexing and staring. I don’t care if the defender was talking trash or taking cheap shots, let your game do the talking. MKG or T-Jones would flex and yell to the rafters, but generally not blatantly in somebody’s face. Think about Darius Miller’s dunk last year: it was WAY harder than that and Darius didn’t feel the need to act like Mr. Tough Guy.

23. paul jarvis
    11:26 am February 26, 2013 Permalink

I day Iam glad hes on our team nothing else matters, stop the chatter, just watch the feet patter, it makes me gladder that hes in blue and white…………….