Andrew Wiggins is a man

Watch Wiggins tip dunk his own missed tip dunk during the Huntington Prep Blue/Yellow Game.

23 Comments for Andrew Wiggins is a man

1. First
    9:39 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

WOW!!

2. Coach
    9:45 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

Im not impressed. I would take Brian Long over Wiggins any day.

3. John Wall
    9:51 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

I want that

4. Dustin
    9:54 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

Wow!! That is amazing bounce right there. Not to mention that he looks a lot like Jodie Meeks (face…not game). What’s not to love about that?

5. Han
    9:55 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

Playing 21 Tip against Wiggins would suck.

6. blueblue
    9:58 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

Can’t wait to get him on board with the BBN. And Julius Randle!! No stopping us ’13-’14. No disrespect intended for this season’s team.

7. SeoulCat
    10:06 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

It would appear that this young man has played basketball before.

8. Lcat
    10:24 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

Fold the tents-we are not getting this guy. You would need to play the game with 2 basketballs at the same time in order to accomodate him. When we signed James Young, Wiggins became Roy’s boy.Why would he come to UK with all the forwards and guards we have? At UNC he will be THE player-not one of 5 super talents.

9. John Wall
    10:41 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

#8. I bet you said the twins were going to maryland too

10. Jose
    10:42 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

as much as I hate to admit it, (8) is right. There is no way we get this guy now. No Way Jose.

11. NashCat
    10:43 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

Wiggins is a beast – he doesn’t care who he plays against, he will win. To be the best you have to beat the best. Young would be the one taking a back seat! and besides – Wiggins wants to win a ‘ship, not be the next Barnes.

12. MemphisCat
    10:43 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

Do you really think James Young will scare Wiggins away from UK? If he comes to UK he will still be THE Player.

13. manlySmell
    10:58 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

WOuld have been better if he was the one who initially shot the ball

14. Jordan
    11:17 am November 5, 2012 Permalink

Cal was one of the first division 1 coaches to watch wiggins play years ago. I think it was in Germany. That being said, I really believe with high profile players Cal knows where he stands with 4 out of 5 guys. He is rarely surprised where they are going. Look at the Twins, did Cal even recruit any othe pr PGs or even other SGs? He knew he was in a great spot with them. In my opinion Cal would NOT be spending his time recruiting Wiggins and Randle if he didn’t feel really good about getting them. I would not bet against Cal on either one of those two. I feel strongly that we still add 2 guys to next year. The only thing that might stop that is a few boys coming back. Honesty, a sophmore Archie or Alex could be just as valuable as ANY other new freshman. In Cal we trust. BBN.

15. Lcat
    12:01 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Is # 9 THE John Wall-if so I am humbled. No, I thought UK had the best chance to get the twins. Its just that Wiggins is the kind of guy who wants to really stand out-a lot of ego. If he comes here, between the twins and James Young, he’s just another one of the boys. At UNC, who has not been recruiting all that well, he really stands out. Thats why I think he is a ROYBOY( although I hope if does not choose UK, he avoids Roy). Of course the other option is FL State.Please, not Duke!!

16. Look-a-Likes
    12:25 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Jodie Meeks and Andrew Wiggins

17. UK
    12:31 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

You seriously put that as a highlight? Doesn’t take much to impress you does it?

18. Boom-Shacka-Laka
    12:47 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

#17- have you ever played basketball before? The amount of athleticism it takes to attempt a dunk, come down flat footed, and the be able to dunk again is incredible. For him to have the offensive game to go with this athleticism makes him the most exciting recruit since Lebron James.

19. Kenny Powers
    1:03 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

#15- you clearly have not read any articles whatsoever on Wiggins. He is extremely humble. Hardly ever speaks out about his talent. He’s constantly described as quiet and only a beast when he is on the court.

20. G-Unit
    4:25 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Lcat – Wiggins knows ANYWHERE he goes he is THE MAN. Wiggins can go to UNC or where ever and be the man, but he will be the man being triple teamed every night.

or

He could come to UK, Play with so much talent that you cant double him, in which case he would still get his shots, and have a chance to not only win a title, but also make college basketball history and not lose a game and be the #1 draft pic.

There is no other school in the nation that can offer that. Which is why in the end, UK wins out.

21. Jkwon
    4:55 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

I live about 15 min from Huntington and everything I hear about him is that he doesn’t haven’t much an ego at all! Very humble kid!

22. tippmann paintball markers
    10:04 pm November 5, 2012 Permalink

Hello, i think that i noticed you visited my web site thus i came to go back the favor?.I am attempting to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

23. jaxcats8503