Andrew Harrison with a slightly different twist on Dakari Johnson’s guarantee

When Andrew Harrison was asked about his future teammate Dakari Johnson’s “guarantee” of a national championship at the Jordan Brand Classic’s media day, he had a slightly different twist on the guarantee. “Guarantee? I can guarantee we’ll work hard every day.” Harrison then went on to back his teammate, “But if Dakari believes it, than I believe it too.”

Julius Randle opened up about the loaded recruiting class to Adam Zagoria. “I don’t feel the pressure or the hype. I know people have been talking about it, but I don’t go looking at that stuff. We want a national championship and that’s it. That’s all I want. I think it’s every kid’s dream to win it.”

Marcus Lee spoke to Zagoria and the media about how nothing will be guaranteed, and he expects to have to work hard for everything he gets while in Lexington. “Winning is all that matters. I don’t know about the other guys, but I believe we’re all going to have to work for the minutes we each get. It can work. Having a 12 or 13-man rotation can work.”

James Young added a quote about his newly formed friendships with his future teammates, “They’re all goofballs. They’re all really funny. We all just clicked and became friends really quickly.” Join the fun, Wiggins.

To read the entire article, which is full of great quotes from most of Kentucky’s future 2013 recruiting class, click here.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

19 Comments for Andrew Harrison with a slightly different twist on Dakari Johnson’s guarantee

1. Ridge Runner
    6:04 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

It certainly will be a much anticipated year ahead. These guys coming in “got it”.

2. Ridge Runner
    6:24 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

Ally, KSR may need to redirect a writer to full time comment remover with the troll infestation. lol

3. Hey Parvenu!
    6:28 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

I love it #2! Love it. You can’t revel in your joy over the championship. You have to come here and show your a$$. Little Brother status confirmed! HA!!!!

4. SoCal Will
    6:29 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

It is 3:30 PM in Cali (6:30 Lexi) and Julius is coming on ESPNU for an interview in a few minutes.

5. Ares
    6:33 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

What I like most the guys are focused on working hard and winning. Everything else will take care of itself.

6. Al's IndiCats
    6:36 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

Indeed a season to remember next year….DJ has the right idea don’t come in a game halfstepping..,

7. jmfatz47
    6:37 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

All I can say is this could be special. All these words and quotes have to transcribe over to the court but I think it can and will. The depth alone makes me breathe a sigh of relief……

8. Ridge Runner
    6:40 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

7 jmfatz, agreed & having dept makes me not just excited but more comfortable as well. Even our championship year, we really treaded water as we really were not deep and I can remember thinking…”please, no one get injured” –and we were fortunate.

9. Ridge Runner
    6:41 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

depth^ –sorry.

10. mudcreekmark
    6:41 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

I think Dakari will be the weakest link of the six. He seems really slow to me.I think Marcus Lee will be the biggest surprise. Dakari better slim down and bulk up this summer because he will have his hands full trying to get playing time away from WCS and Lee.

11. Article
    6:42 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

Read the comment about the asterisk in the article..hope some of you can back my reply. What a joke.

12. Cauts
    6:46 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

10… You have no clue what you’re talking about

13. Bob
    6:57 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

“We all just clicked and became friends really quickly.” That my friends is what will win a championship.

14. G.Love
    7:18 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

#10 , Are you serious? He has dropped 60 lbs in a year. Kid rebounds everything and can score. People have said, he is the strongest player in this class. Take a minute to watch the kid play.

15. mudcreekmark
    7:52 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

14) Just giving my opinion. Hope I’m wrong.Sure wouldn’t be the first time. I just see this team as an up and down the court team and I just don’t think he can run the floor like WCS or Lee can.

16. Rae
    7:55 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

10. The weakest link of the six is like being the ugliest model at the Maxim house.

17. MudCreekisright
    9:29 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

15 I agree. I’ve watched him in two games now. I think he’s too slow on defense to hang with the level of competition in Div 1. WCS will not lose his spot to Johnson this year. Love having them both, and I hope I’m wrong

18. bosshog
    9:35 pm April 11, 2013 Permalink

15, did you watch the McDonald’s game? Did you watch the NHSI tournament? Dakari was in double figures in all the games, rebounding, blocking shots and showing strong post moves against the best, most athletic players in the country. His team won the national title and every analyst said the week only served to confirm that he’s currently the best big man in the class by a wide margin. Of course he’s not fast or jetting up and down the court because he is a true traditional center. Did you ever see Shaquille O’Neal beating anyone down the court? And yet when he was in his prime he was arguably the hardest player of the history of the game to stop when he got the ball on the block. Is Dakari this good? Obviously no, but I think you can get the point. There is no context in which describing Dakari as a weak leak makes sense. You’ve made yourself look like an amateur-a weak link-with this comment.

19. adolph oliver bush