Andre Drummond’s Las Vegas Photo Album Is Already Awesome

andre-drummond1

Depending on who you talk to, Kentucky may or may not be involved seriously with Andre Drummond, who has been rumored to end up at UConn, the class of 2011, Europe and pretty much everywhere not named Lexington.  Nonetheless, John Calipari was in attendance yesterday at his adidas Super 64 game where Drummond familiarized himself with another poor young man.  The classic “junk in the face” shot.  Some people never respond from that and others end up running Barack Obama’s campaign.  There’s still hope for you young man.

Regardless of how awesome this picture is, where does Drummond rate on your desired targets for 2012?  The class is heavy in talented big guys, so does that make him less important?  Or do you not care?  Do you want to talk about something else to fill our time?  Anyone watching the Military Bowl on ESPNU?  House Crashers?  Oh wait, a new episode of Down Home With The Neelys?  Yes!

Article written by Thomas Beisner

33 Comments for Andre Drummond’s Las Vegas Photo Album Is Already Awesome

1. flacat22
    11:37 am July 23, 2011 Permalink

Great picture, did he miss the dunk? The ball is nowhere to be seen and everyone seems to be looking the other way.

2. hahaha
    11:40 am July 23, 2011 Permalink

hahahahaha at least he was wearing eye protection, he looks so scared looking up his shorts

3. jack
    11:44 am July 23, 2011 Permalink

hoo ah

4. Catsantonio
    11:45 am July 23, 2011 Permalink

Dude is a beast, he will dominate college basketball for 1 year.

5. Reply a Leave
    11:47 am July 23, 2011 Permalink

Drummond familiarized himself with another “poor young man”. Beisner just because they’re black doesn’t mean they’re poor…grow up.

6. So what
    11:54 am July 23, 2011 Permalink

Drummond should be no 2 after shabazz

7. CadizCat
    12:02 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

Drummond should be #1.

8. ThatMan
    12:03 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

Dude probably will never play college basketball.

9. Ich Neisse Neil
    12:07 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

5 – he wasn’t calling him poor monetarily. he was calling him unfortunate because Drummond dunked all over him.

10. cracka
    12:08 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

that fella’s left elbow is in a dangerous spot

11. BlueBloodToo
    12:10 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

UK vs Ohio St from last year’s NCAA Tourney is playing on CBS sport net today. They seem to be playing all the NCAA tourney games.

12. SUPREMECATS
    12:11 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

uhh, that man is in high school????

13. snarkster
    12:13 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

I’ve never been sure how serious are chances are with Drummond.

I believe that Drummond likes and respects Cal, but I think PrepSchool or UConn seemmore liekely (never know with Cal though)

If he is seriou, he’s right there at the Top with Muhammad, Goodwin and Mcgary for me.

14. Every Friday Is No Bra Day
    12:16 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

11, they are. they call it Summer Madness.

15. Owen
    12:17 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

Sorry Beez, I am spending my Saturday watching Castaway again.

16. Lugoquartet
    12:18 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

I could be wrong, but I believe that young man that is being posterized in Isaiah Austin, who, in most recruiting services is ranked in the top 5 of 2012!

17. Let there be no question
    12:20 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

Drummond = KABOOM!!! I wish! He’s #1 get in my book.

18. Buckets
    12:37 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

Some people just get posterized. Others get the most dreaded junk dunk. IN YO FACE!

19. Says me
    12:38 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

He clearly missed this dunk.

And that kind of sums up his HS career- tantalizing, unbelievable potential and physical ability, but final results that aren’t always as good as you expect.

Drummond played with Michael Gilchrist last year on the US 17 and under national team. In the 8 game World Championships, Gilchrist averaged 15 ppg and 7.3 rebounds, Drummond 8.6 and 6.8. Gilchrist’s team played Drummond’s this past winter- Gilchrist had 27 points, 9 rebounds, Drummond 17 and 8. And Gichrist is younger by about a month.

I’d take Drummond any day of the week. He’s clearly the #1 big buy in the 2012 class. However, I don’t think he’ll be nearly as dominant as some expect, and I don’t think the other major big guy targets for UK are going to be that much less productive in college. Losing out on him won’t be a huge deal (if UK gets Coleman or McGary).

Muhammad, OTOH, does appear to be very different from any other wing UK is recruiting. Given a choice between Drummond and Muhammad, I take Muhammad.

And actually, what I really want is for Nerlens Noel to reclassify to 2012. It’s not completely out of the question- Noel started in the 2012 class, and reclassified when he transferred to his current school. If Noel has the academics to go qualify for 2012, then he becomes UK’s #1 big guy target. Combine him with Muhammad, and almost no matter who UK loses, or adds to that 2012 class, UK is a national title contender for 2012-13.

20. CATastrophe
    12:40 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

Back to the question at hand. WE HAVE TO HAVE HIM. GOOD LORD IMAGINE HOW SUCK NASTY HE WILL BE IN MARCH AFTER A SEASON WITH YODA…. I mean Cal.

21. FU of L
    12:45 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

You call those chestnuts. They’re called chin nuts.

22. FU of L
    12:46 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

Wait, those aren’t chestnuts, their chin nuts. That’s what I meant. haha

23. Thomas Beisner
    12:48 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

5, find the jumping bridge

24. Peter north
    1:32 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

Hes another Michael beasley

25. Kyle Mann
    1:53 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

Yeah, I think that’s Isaiah Austin, and that kid is a player. Drummond is just a force of nature, in the mold of Amare and Dwight. Not many guys like that around.

26. Roland
    2:12 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

At least the guy who got posterized wasn’t standing out of the way, he was a half second slow but was playing.

27. JC
    2:26 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

I saw him play in my aau tourney in indy, You should see his free throws, He has the touch of shaq hahaha

28. Ukblue7
    2:28 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

1. Shabazz
    2. Drummond

that being said, drummond is and will be most dominant big man from that class, I just think shabazz is something special…kid is smooth as eggs.

29. ukfan247
    2:45 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

16 + 25. Its definitely Isiah austin and hes supposed to be a renouned shot blocker so this pic is awesome! Come to Lexington Andre!

30. Best hair in the biz
    4:56 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

exactly, first thing that caught my was that it was Isiah Austin so it’s that much more awesome. shabazz and andre would be as close to cousins/wall as we might me see, but with Cal all is possible, maybe not always probable but never count that man out.

31. Majorbigtime
    7:50 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

I believe the term for that move is the “arabian goggles”.

32. CaliUKFan
    10:19 pm July 23, 2011 Permalink

#25 good comment I was going to say the same thing. It looked like Austin in that picture and Drummond made him look like Paulus taking it in the face from someone at Virginia Tech

33. Megan
    7:35 am July 24, 2011 Permalink

This guy needs to be our #1 target in the middle. Do it, Cal.