An update on Melvin Lewis

For those of you wondering about the status of Melvin Lewis, and I assume that’s all of you, the big man from Compton tweeted earlier today, “Just to keep you all updated, my English class is going very well.”

His English class concludes next Wednesday and his eligibility at Kentucky will be determined once that grade is released.¬†Yesterday he tweeted, “I am confirming that Coach Stoops is right, I will be there VERY soon #BBN”.

Let’s hope so.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for An update on Melvin Lewis

1. Jason
    4:37 pm August 7, 2013 Permalink

Camp will be almost over by the time he makes it to town. Will he be able to redshirt, or will he just be behind all season?

2. Why do Card fans pronounce the "of" in an acronym? Do they say FB of I? Do they chant U S of A at the Olympics?
    5:08 pm August 7, 2013 Permalink

Might be a redshirt guy.

3. Furry
    5:10 pm August 7, 2013 Permalink

Academic All-Americans abound on this team.

4. Real Question?
    5:15 pm August 7, 2013 Permalink

I remember when Matt Jones and KSR talked about James Hearns. They said that UofL was able to accept players before they were fully qualified (which wasn’t the case with Hearns but some other players). UK, on the other hand, could not accept partially qualified players because of an SEC rule. Stoops did not offer Hearns a scholarship because it was unclear whether he would qualify or not at the time. What is the difference between Hearns and this kid? Hearns, who did end up qualifying, is now practicing at UofL. It seems like UK can offer scholarships to kids who aren’t qualified yet. How does that crap work? Is it that this kid was offered a scholarship because he was expected to graduate but then apparently failed an English class and had to go to summer school? And Hearns was not offered a scholarship because his ACT score was not high enough at the time?

5. BigBlueWest
    5:32 pm August 7, 2013 Permalink

He said ‘very well’ instead of ‘very good.’ English class is working!

6. Eldrick
    5:58 pm August 7, 2013 Permalink

Straight out of Compton

7. Einstein
    6:11 pm August 7, 2013 Permalink

He looks like a brainiac. I bet he good in the class.

8. Kevin C.
    8:22 pm August 7, 2013 Permalink

Well, if the Tweet is anything to go by, then the kid may just be alright. You almost NEVER see a Tweet or other text messages with anything close to proper English on display.