An old school UK love story

And now a little cheesy romance stuff on Valentine’s Day (don’t worry, it won’t last long). UK released this sweet video profile of two alums who found romance during their time at the University. He was a football player recruited by the great Bear Bryant and she was a sassy cheerleader. Watch them tell their story and reminisce on where they fell in love.

If you haven’t passed out from barfing yet, allow me to indulge a similar topic. I always enjoy hearing stories about how couples met, especially if it includes a BBN connection. If you and your valentine met while cheering for the Cats, please share below. Or, if you’re single and bitter and want to share a story of BBN heartbreak, we’ll take that too.

Now, pass the chocolate…

44 Comments for An old school UK love story

1. Please.... Stuff
    1:02 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Prepare to delete comments in 3, 2, 1……

2. PLate Night.... Stuff
    1:03 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Couples? For how long?

3. T money
    1:09 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

My girlfriend left the university of Tennessee to join me at the university of kentucky. She says she doesn’t regret it one bit loves the BBN way more than being a Vol.

4. justafish2002
    1:10 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Cargo Pants

5. ARowe
    1:16 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

My husband and I met the first week of our Freshman year. He was rushing for a friend’s fraternity and I was “assisting” with the recruitment process (i.e. being present at the frat parties). I met his parents for the first time at a UK football game. We got married in May 2011.

6. UKkittykat
    1:18 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

In true Wildcat faithful form, my husband proposed to me during halftime of the 2011 UK/UT football game, ya know.. the one where we ended the streak. That day will be in my top 5 forever 🙂

7. just a girl
    1:22 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Lou and Ree! I know them well. Lou has the best stories of his football days, I could talk to him for hours.

8. bung
    1:23 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

and a happy Valentines day to you Ms. T…

9. LadyCatFan
    1:24 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

It seems like just yesterday MKG and I fell in love…or maybe I fell in love with MKG and he has no idea who I am, but whatever.

10. love of my life
    1:24 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

I remember it so vividly…
    I grew up watching Kentucky Basketball… I lived it.
    Then, KSR comes out and gives me coverage all year long, in the most ridiculous manner possible.
    It was true love @ first read.

Then….KSR got popular… Then the good writers with stories people actually care to read left for other things.
    We are now left with an occasional post from Matt Jones… a good one from Drew every now and then… a faggit posting about bachelor… and girls trying to witty remembering waaaaaaaaaaay back to 2001, where their knowledge begins..

**sigh**
    Love is strong… Love endures… but it can only take so much.

11. Fail
    1:31 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

10 speaking of trying to be witty…you failed.

12. TheFakeJamaalMagloire
    1:33 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

I met my wife camping out in line for Midnight Madness tickets.

13. bigolmaddie
    1:38 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

11 – Get back in the kitchen, something is burning.

14. Jonah Hex
    1:41 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Met my wife while we were both undergrads at UK. I’m thankful she came up from Nashville for school.

15. final four
    1:42 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Met at the final four in Houston. Always think what if brandon knight wasnt so awesome.

16. El Pollo Loco
    1:54 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

I would’ve been more impressed if she was a member of The Firecrackers.

17. ahousedivided
    2:00 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

I went to UK and I had H.S. friends at Ohio State. Cal’s first year they all loved John Wall so I got them tickets to the UK/UT game. They brought their roommate and we have been dating ever since. Whenever my boyfriend tries to rag on UK I just remind him that if it weren’t for Kentucky basketball we would have never met!

18. EastKYGal
    2:05 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

I was so excited to see Ree and Lou on KSR!!! They are my dear, dear friends and I love them so much! They are the epitome of bleeding blue and also the sweetest couple ever!

19. Parker
    2:10 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Converted my girlfriend into a UK fan…she’s a UC graduate.

20. Lol
    2:24 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

14 way to call him out, TT. Obviously he is a gentleman, you can tell by the way he used the word “faggit” and then turned sexist. At least he’s an equal opportunity bigot.

21. just sayin
    2:28 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

21.
    Just saying what everyone over the age of 13 already knows. Don’t hate because I use trolling to get my points across.
    It’s the only way to get attention(views) sometimes. See Bachelor posts for details.

22. alsofyi
    2:31 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

14.
    I’d just like to point out that because someone has the same IP address, doesn’t mean it is the same person.
    At larger organizations such as this, we only have two external IPs, but hundreds of computers that appear to come from those same IPs.
    NT though.

23. Lol
    2:33 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

22 unfortunately for you, no one cares about your point. keep trying to get it across, but as long as you sound like an ignorant bigot, no one will care.

24. Lol
    2:34 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

23 I’d just like to point out to you that obviously TT was right or you wouldn’t be so defensive. So thanks for pointing out that she could be wrong, even though she was right. Moron.

25. umadbruh
    2:37 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

24/25. Technicalities are especially hard to grasp for some.

Also, no problem at all for pointing that out. Anytime, faggit.

26. GolfBro
    2:38 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

My brother, Josh Teater, and his fiancée met at the Pros vs Villians game back on October 24, 2011. They’re getting married in two weeks. Love is in the air!

27. alsofyi
    2:40 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

26 have fun spending Valentine’s Day with your hand tonight. I’m sure that’s the only think that will give a douche bag like you attention.

28. alsofyi
    2:40 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

*thing

29. maddiesmakesense
    2:42 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

28. Strange. Did you not just give me attention by addressing me directly? Or maybe you don’t count because you’re not a “think”.

30. KBF
    2:46 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

My wife was a cheerleader at UK in 2001. I met her right before New Year’s that year. During a game she whipped up the “S” during the C-A-T-S chant and the letter board scraped the tip of her nose, which started gushing blood all down her face and on her uniform. They were even doing a closeup of her on the big screen when it happened. As I sat there in the stands, looking up at that bloody green-eyed cheerleader… I knew she was the one for me.

31. alsofyi
    2:47 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

30 if internet banter is the attention you seek, then yes, I did just give it to you. That just proves, yet again, what a loser you are. No wonder you come on here and make these stupid comments, it’s the only way you can get someone to talk to you. Now I’ve went from disliking you to feeling sorry for you. Also, if you want to point out typos, your post at #10 says “and girls trying to witty”…ever heard of a little word called “be”?

32. LexCat
    3:01 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

I met my husband at UK when he was a junior and I was a sophmore during the huge snow storm of ’94. We have been happily married for 15 years and watch every UK game in our UK room with our dogs Kody and Keightley!

33. Long Past Time
    3:31 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

10, 13, etc., with all your numerous names perhaps you should realize the handwriting is on the wall and it is long past the time for you to break up. KSR has grown up and appeals to a broader range of society and you have remained juvenile. You have been outgrown and you’re just someone that they used to know.

34. Jpo
    3:42 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

14. Hahahahahha!!!!

35. Sam
    3:46 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

I met my fiance, Kristeen, at UK our senior year. 3 months later I was already committed to move to Florida for law school. We stayed together and that December Kristeen moved to Florida to be with me. We now live in Florida and are getting married this July…in Lexington, at the Lex convention center attached to RUPP!

36. John
    3:50 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

My wife and I met in line camping out for Big blue madness. It wasn’t love at first site but goodness I am now! #loveandBBN

37. JJ
    4:01 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

My grandpa coached Lou Caribou at Flaget. He is a good family friend and this is a very cool little video about he and his wife. I also worked for the football team when I was at UK. He goes to almost every practice weather permitting.

38. JJ
    4:11 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Sorry Karibo*

39. Cathy
    4:15 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

1st date was to a UK game. January 1980. Married him because he had season tickets! We still sit in the same seats 33 years later

40. SexnNursinHomes
    5:24 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

Met my wife at a whorehouse. She was the whore.

41. great point
    5:34 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

34. Great point, for a faggit.

42. kellycatfan
    7:09 pm February 14, 2013 Permalink

My husband and I were set up on a blind date at the infamous LSU “we won/no we didn’t” game. Under a haze of bourbon, 2 rows from the top at Commonwealth. We’ve been married 9 years!

43. Long Past Time
    12:17 am February 15, 2013 Permalink

42 – You are really dense. You couldn’t pick up on the clue (broader) that that post was written by a female. The whole tenor of the post indicated it was penned by a woman. Of course you would have to be familiar with women to recognize it and based on your posts it is not surprising that it went right over your head. I don’t know of any woman who would give you the time of day. I guess that is why you need to get your attention from the internet. As for me, I guess I’ll go rejoin my husband in bed. Insomnia stinks.