Amile Jefferson scores 26 at the Derby Classic

Kentucky target Amile Jefferson scored 26 points in last night’s Derby Classic in Louisville. Jefferson was named the MVP of the Black team, which, despite his efforts, lost to the White team, 130-127. MVP of the White team? Louisville signee Terry Rozier, who put up 16 points and grabbed 12 rebounds.

Jefferson, a 6’9″ forward, is still considering Duke, North Carolina State, Villanova, along with the Cats. Rivals.com ranks him as the 36th-best prospect in the class of 2012. He’s set to announce his decision in the next few weeks.

27 Comments for Amile Jefferson scores 26 at the Derby Classic

1. Mike
    2:44 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

I’m pretty sure this dude wants to go to Kentucky. We haven’t offered him a scholarship yet and we’re just waiting to see what Noel and Bennett do before we offer him one.

2. Big Blue 66
    2:45 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

1. you are correct, Amile is plan C for UK. Hes playing the Derby and not the Nike Summit

3. Jimmy
    2:46 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

He looks like he should play for Baylor, I don’t want him to soft of a player.

4. Foghorn L.
    2:50 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

I say, I say, I say, #1. I’m pretty sure we have offered Jefferson a schollie. Damn son, I’m a rooster and I know this sheet.

5. Big Bri
    2:58 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

I’ll take this guy over Bennett. I think Bennett will turn out to have an attitude. Man, Jefferson’s still a McDonald’s AA, and his stock keeps rising. He’s long, skilled, plays really hard, has a great attitude, and does well in the classroom. Sound like the kinda guys Cal’s been targeting since he’s been at UK? Plus, we’d probably get more than 1 year outta him. He’d represent Kentucky very well. I think he’s gonna surprise some people, the way Poythress is already doing.

6. Bout time!!!
    3:01 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

Polson and Hood to be walk ons next year!!! More room for big timers!

7. Mike
    3:02 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

4. I was just going by Rivals. They may not have updated it.

8. SeaBlue
    3:12 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

6) totally agree

9. FourThinInches
    3:12 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

So the cats are #1 in baseball and just beat #10 Ole Miss yesterday and are playing them again today. No mention of this on KSR… Just change the name to Kentucky Basketball Radio.

10. SeaBlue
    3:13 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

Tyler, good time to post your celebration video after the championship

11. Bout time
    3:21 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

Don’t just blame KSR about the baseball .. I tried to look up the score on espn.com to see if we were winning today and I couldn’t ind anything on college baseball period..

12. Where You?
    3:22 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
    Check out this new site. Its a forum for UK fans to write. Its really cool.

13. Big Blue 66
    3:29 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

12. just buy an ad dude

14. Yosemite Sam
    3:37 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

#9 If you don’t like Basketball, then why the hell are you on KSR?? This is a Basketball State and who gives a sh%t about Baseball. Go Big Blue!!

15. Beepthacreep
    3:51 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

What’s derby classic?????

16. Tennesse Wildcat
    3:54 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

Looks a little like Liggins in the pic. I hope we can get Amile and all of the others we are targeting. We will need everyone to replenish the roster to go for #9.

17. Mr. Obvious
    4:03 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

We need this guy. He is a high character player like most of the guys this year. Bennett pretty much missed his senior season with nagging injuries. I say pickup oriaki (pf), noel (c), jefferson, and shabazz and call it a class

18. Kwest4Ocho
    4:11 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

UK cheerleading team won the national championship today. Again.

19. Tennesse Wildcat
    4:23 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

#21, I like your thinking.

20. Shampoo
    7:24 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

Amile was smooth last night, he needs to play on a team where he can feed off the energy and swag our other guys would have and their sense of confidence would improve Amile, to top 10 level. He has the skills, just not the killer attitude necessarily and playing with other great players will truly benefit him. He is the tall and lanky and is very much just a “buckets” kind of guy. Nothing overly flashy, just gets his points anyway you allow him to.

21. I Say
    8:28 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

#21 that does sound pretty good. I still want to see Bennett in blue and white though, the guy showed that he is an elite player at the Mcdonalds game. Plus did you see how BIG he is?!?! NO HOMO

22. catinthahat
    11:32 pm April 7, 2012 Permalink

Hey yosemite sam…suck my root

23. UK Homer
    11:14 am April 8, 2012 Permalink

We need “A Meal” Jefferson…put on some weight and maybe he’ll be tough enough.