All I want, is to stop Trey Burton

I hate you

I’m not going to insult you by talking about the Wildcats five keys to victory over Florida, or the best match ups to exploit against the Gators because, realistically, I don’t think we’re going to win this game. You can bash me for that if you want, but I don’t care. UK won’t win any of their next three games based on what we’ve seen so far this season, and there’s very little argument against that.

Instead of wistful game breakdowns and predictions, I’m going to settle for a more achievable victory. Win or lose, I just want the Wildcats defense to shut down Trey Burton. That’s all. Chris Rainey can blaze down the sideline, Jeff Demps can juke through our secondary and John Brantley can throw touchdown bombs in bunches, as long as Burton is held in check.

Consider last year’s final score of 48-14 in Florida’s favor. Seven touchdowns were scored (We blocked a PAT). Of those seven touchdowns, one was a Mike Hartline interception returned for a touchdown, the remaining six were all scored by Trey Burton. Trey Burton who was a freshman last season. Trey Burton who had amassed 22 yards of total offense in Florida’s first three games and found the end zone only twice. One touchdown came on a Brantley pass, the last five all came on runs, runs inside the ten yard line. He lined up in the Wildcat package, took the direct snap and our defense let him score more than Glen Rice at the Republican National Convention. In fact, Burton only ran the ball five times for 40 yards. Five times. Five touchdowns.

There’s a certain amount of pride lost when you allow a team to beat you 25 times in a row, which Florida will most likely achieve on Saturday, but there’s also a more taxing amount of pride forfeited when one man embarrasses an entire team. So if you’re looking for a moral victory this weekend, look no further than #8 on Florida’s sidelines.

Article written by Matthew Hays

21 Comments for All I want, is to stop Trey Burton

1. NBA league pass
    12:22 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

I agree, that game last year was a joke.

2. HBD
    12:28 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Will someone please talk me out of taking a second mortgage on my house to be Florida by 20. Tennessee had -9 rushing yards on them!

3. PatPattersonISwalkingthruthatdoor
    12:29 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Just wanted to point out that there are 7 football posts on the front page of KSR right now and only 3 basketball ones (and those basketball posts all are about breaking news regarding recruits). And it’s a Tuesday.
    In other words: people need to stop whining about KSR not giving the football team enough attention.

4. BravoBigBlue
    12:33 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Final score: Florida 78 Kentucky 3. And the Cats score first! At least, THEY’VE got that going for THEM. THEY are great at turning touchdowns into field goals! Go Joker, you rock!

5. Bigkathead
    12:35 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

38 FL 6 UK – give the points, baby!!

6. duh
    12:37 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

It’s football, who cares ????

7. atoevan
    12:43 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Did anyone else catch Joker’s comments about how UF “doesn’t use Burton the same way this year”? They didnt use him the same way last year except the game against us. I’d be willing to bet Burton has at least 3 TDs this year. Joker is an idiot.

8. disgruntled
    12:43 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

@2. Mortgage the house. Sell the wife and kids and bet the money.

9. Lycanthrope
    12:47 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

I can’t handle watching this game. Gonna skip it. Well, there’s usually always a good Meredith Baxter-Birney movie on Lifetime or a Star Wars movie on FX. Oh, I’ll be curious and flip over to a channel with scrolling game scores during the commercial breaks. By not watching the game, I am actually showing what a great fan I am. If I didn’t care so much, I would go ahead and subject myself to the torture. Carry on…and RISE!

10. Joker
    1:04 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Look, I’m in over my head. I blame Mitch. What was I suppose to do – turn down the job. Hell, most everyone knew I wasn’t ready for this. The only one that didn’t was Mitch.

11. Al's IndiCats
    1:11 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

What rather bothers me is it the team is ill prepared for everything on the field. Now you can’t blame the kids for that, they will do what the coach tells them. The scouting reports on teams are non-existant….PERIOD! I’m hopeing that since UF has been on tv that they coaches will review those games and try to put wrinkles on both sides of the ball….UF 42-3….GO CATS!!!!!!!!

12. BATMAN
    1:18 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Joker ia a joke.

13. BTI
    1:23 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

I disagree, we could easily win the rest of these games. And dont forget that if Aubrn joins the east thats one more winnable game as well.

14. BTI
    1:23 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

15. Powerlifter165
    1:35 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

There will be 7 TD’s in this game again… all by Florida!!!

UF 52 UK 6

16. KJ Choi
    1:55 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

48-0…and we cross the 50yd line only once.

17. UKGrad83
    1:59 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Good Lord, don’t tell me the point spread is only 20. I WILL mortgage the house and make that bet. Florida will cover by halftime, if not the first quarter. The only way we’ll score is if the D takes it in or recovers it deep and we kick a field goal.

18. BigBlueLush
    2:12 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

First of all, we suck. Second of all, we suck. That is all.

19. Beat Tennessee
    4:02 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

20. RYNO
    4:23 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

You can stop T. Burton all you want, C. Rainey will get 350 AP yds.

21. RealTalk
    10:05 pm September 20, 2011 Permalink

Come on, Cats! Pleaseeee don’t let em get to 25!