Alex Poythress is coming back

20130402-183702.jpg

UK just announced that Alex Poythress will return for his sophomore season. Poythress cited the desire to improve and win a national title as his reasons for coming back:

“This year didn’t end like we wanted it to,” Poythress said. “I want to come back and do what we said we wanted to do and that’s win a national title. I want to develop more as a player and the competition coming in next year should help me do that.”

“I’m really happy that, after talking with his family and evaluating his options, Alex has decided to return for his sophomore season,” Calipari said. “Alex is a great kid with a lot of potential and I’m excited to be able to work with him next year. I believe we have only scratched the surface with Alex, and another season in college will get him closer to reaching his dreams.”

Welcome back, Alex.

132 Comments for Alex Poythress is coming back

1. BigBlueFan
    7:39 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

2. Smart Person
    7:39 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Why no update on Brain Long? I expect him to get 5 minutes next year, as we should be up by 30 on most opponents early in the 2nd half. Why would he leave…. Cone on cal tell us Brian is back!

3. capnmonkey
    7:40 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Happy to have you back Alex, thank you.

4. RANDY MARSH
    7:40 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

SCORE!!!!!

5. leftygilmore
    7:41 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

This is great news. For those that came down on Alex, you’re fools. He’s a good kid and I think it was overwhelmed this year.

6. mama_mia!
    7:41 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Awesome news! Very excited

7. Teenager
    7:41 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

OMG OMG OMG

8. Todd
    7:43 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Great news and I am very happy for Alex. Great decision in my mind. Wonder if this is what Wiggins was waiting to here? Wonder if this will affect his decision?

9. Woohoo!
    7:43 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Holy crap I’m so friggin excited about next year…this is ridiculous!!!! Sooooooo freaking awesome!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooohooooooo I’m acting like a fool but I don’t give a fu… 🙂 next year will be amazing 🙂

10. Rest of Country
    7:43 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

::craps pants::

11. Deepsouthfan
    7:44 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Now we wait for the final piece of the puzzle….I’m Wigging out!!!

12. Returnees
    7:44 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Alright, with Wiltjer, WCS and Poythress coming back, there is that “experience” leadership” the talking heads said we were missing this year!

13. Woohoo!
    7:44 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

When Alex references competition I bet he’s taking about randle and wiggins

14. jymbo
    7:45 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Alex is the one I wanted to comeback the most. He’ll develope like Jones did, and become a force.
    Welcome Back Alex

15. Wise Decision
    7:45 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Good move even if he has to stay 2 or 3 years as it will benefit him. Enjoy college, get your education and play ball at UK. Life doesn’t get much better. Best of luck.

16. The Bottom Line
    7:45 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

That’s huge!!!! He’s going to be a force next year! Better than Terrence Jones in his soph season!

17. davefromdagap
    7:46 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

T. Jones take two. This year Alex had no competition for P.T. Nor quality competition in practice. By the middle part of next season, my bet is he is a entirely different player. Im telling you this is great news.

18. Howdy
    7:46 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

He’s going to be a grizzly bear next year…weights and conditioning in the offseason…maybe him and wiltjer can put a bunk bed in the gym and just get beefy all summer

19. Howdy
    7:47 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Archie is going to be lonely in the NBA

20. DribbleBucket
    7:47 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Good deal! Glad he decided to stay! I think next season will be a breakout year for him!

21. Hazard Kidd-Katt
    7:47 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Great person, athlete and terrific student … He does honor to the BBN!

22. Damnit!
    7:47 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Damnit!

23. Aaron gordon
    7:47 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Seems like he waited to tree what Gordon was going to do.

24. Aaron
    7:47 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Smart move. He will be a far better NBA player with another year.

25. J
    7:49 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Lets not get carried away I realize everybody is excited, but he has a long ways to go. Remember this is the same kid everybody was ripping to pieces after the Robert Morris game and people said they wished he had never came to Kentucky lol. He will not be better than Terence jones was period! Although he will bring that experience and some leadership into next season. He will be a huge factor when we make the tournament. And with him goin up against randle, Johnson and stein he will be very good. That was one problem with last years team
    We had no one to challenge people in practice. It will be a very exciting year next season and I can’t wait!!!

26. SP
    7:49 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Does that send wiggins elsewhere.

27. Andrew Wiggins
    7:49 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Great news Alex i cant wait to play with you next year we will be unstoppable!

28. Big V
    7:49 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

This is really big news!! I was hoping he would stay in school.
    We now have

Poy is back, Jack

31. Chris Driver
    7:50 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Awesome news!

32. b-rock
    7:51 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Alex best thing you could have done, 1 more year and all this talent, Is it October Yet?

33. RIP Mel Turpin
    7:51 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Welcome back Alex! The BBN is thrilled to have you wearing the Kentucky jersey. #Lafamilia

34. dont geek
    7:51 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Now when is nerlens gonna anounce?

35. medicus
    7:52 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Alex, I hope this works out well for you and your family. There have been a ton of 2 OR 3 year players that have long successful NBA careers!

36. Women Everywhere
    7:52 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

YAY!! #beast

37. Lil c
    7:52 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

THE BASELINE KING IS BACK!!!!! YESSSS!!! ATLEAST HE WON’T STEP OUT OF BOUNDS TO MUCH THIS YEAR…… BECAUSE HE WILL HARDLY PLAY!!! LOL

38. gog8ors
    7:52 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Should have gone, draft is loaded next year but weak this year. Gonna be too many egos and not enough minutes to go around to keep everyone happy at UK. Not going to end with a championship as cat fans are hoping.

39. 2014ChampionshipBanner
    7:53 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Please hang me at Rupp Arena now!

40. Um..
    7:53 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

28. You got a few things messed up there. First of all, Wiltjer’s name doesn’t have a “y” in it. Secondly, Jon Hood and Jarrod Polson are both graduating, so having them both on the team is not a guarantee at this point, as both would have to enroll in graduate school to be on the squad.

41. C-A-T-S
    7:53 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

This team is just getting to be more ridiculous everyday. Can u say wiggins and Poythress at the SF. That’s scary. Poythress will be great with players around him that run plays and don’t stand around. This is great news BBN. Thanks Alex for coming back. If you just tap into 75% of your potential I feel sorry for the players guarding you!!!! Go BIg Blue!!!!!

42. 2014ChampionshipBanner
    7:54 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

38- If you didn’t fear next year’s Kentucky team, you probably wouldn’t be trolling a UK fan site. Enjoy 2nd in the SEC next year.

43. hater
    7:54 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

all this talent is going to blow up in Cal’s face when everyone doesn’t get the play or wants the ball for the last play

44. Old Blue
    7:54 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Smart young man.

45. CLARKSVILLE NATIVE
    7:55 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Ok Alex, I live in your home city, you have been back 3 times since you have been to UK and I still have yet to get your autograph. If I do not obtain 1 either this summer, or next year I will be highly pissed off.

46. Brian
    7:55 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Assuming his house has cable I’m sure Wiggins is as worried about Poythress as an elephant is about a gnat on his ass.

47. J
    7:57 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

38 your not alone there are plenty of people just as sick to their stomachs as you are! It’s ova!!!! Hang up #9

48. tokindastickyickyicky
    7:57 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

That motherchucking off tha hook…put tha #9 on yo’ toast.

49. dustyblues77
    7:57 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

2- Great post!!! That was awesome

50. Charlie Perkins
    7:58 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Alex has enormous potential. I am so happy we will get to see much more of his progress wearing blue. I will miss Archie, but I understand. I’ve never been more excited for a season to begin.

51. ale84life
    7:58 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Great decision by Alex. He will improve his game immensely over the next year and be the high draft pick he has the potential to be.

52. Mr.Wildcat05
    7:59 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

43- if you read all the interviews from these players, all them say the same thing. They all want to win a national championship. They are not worried about minutes or points. These players are coming here because they want to win and actually contend for a title. Next year ( especially if wiggins comes ) I really don’t see anyone competing with kentucky. To talented to fail! Go big blue !!!!

53. diggerphelps
    7:59 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Listen to me!! Listen to me!! UK is gonna be NASTY next season. OHHHH, I can not wait!!!!! Gonna put it on each and every team that gets in our way. Hide yo wives, hide yo kids, hide yo husbands.

54. Fire Cal Soon
    8:00 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

What a failure he is. For sure One and Done and now he comes crawling back to UK to sit on the bench! Hahaha

55. brother
    8:00 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

my brother said he saw several tents down by memorial on his way home tonight

56. BravoBigBlue
    8:01 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Good.

57. dustyblues77
    8:01 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Alex is a role player at best and that is not an insult. I think we expected to carry the way. I think if he gets better on the defensive end, rebounds and his scoring will come. But he will not be the main focal point in the offense and that will allow him to take pressure off. Terrence Jones learned to play within the system and he is a reason why we won the title. He complemented Davis perfectly in the front court.

58. diggerphelps
    8:04 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Hey 54, I am sure that you are a failure and thus need to be trolling the UK fan page. Get a life!! You are probably sitting in yo momma’s shotgun house in West Louisville hoping that your LG&E brown bill doesn’t arrive before your monthly check and your calling Alex a failure.

59. coach CREEN
    8:05 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Can you say …U N D E F E A T E D :0 my 🙂

60. 44 Stitches
    8:05 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Great news!!!!

61. Sgt. Jimmy
    8:06 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Great news for the CATS. More than anything AP will provide much needed leadership and experience to next years team. Hope BBN gives the kid a chance to develop before the 15% starts to rag him for every bad play.

62. Rob Chubb
    8:07 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

18. I’ve got a bunk bed and am also interested in getting beefy this summer please contact me

63. Fire Cal Soon
    8:07 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Actually much like everyone else on the internet I am the richest most handsomest person in the world.

I am a UK fan who LOVES COLLEGE basketball. Not NIT teams full of One and Doners who get get it done. Lead by a used car salesman coach whos been in trouble everywhere hes ever been.

64. Big Bear
    8:12 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Glad to have Alex back. I don’t really think of him as a 3 but more of an undersized 4. Meaning I don’t think he would compete with Wiggins for playing time. Need to add Hawkins and Wiggins and let’s get number 9. Moreover this might create an artificial logjam for playing time as to start a two and through step to the NBA

65. Lmao
    8:14 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Fire cal soon is so mad he can’t stand it. I actually enjoy his comments cause I no inside she is scared to death… Ans she should be… Lol

66. DribbleBucket
    8:14 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Just curious. Has there ever been a KSR comment section that a troll hasn’t visited? Man, wish I had that kind of time on my hands. Actually, not interested in trolling other fan bases. Anyway, fear makes you do some creepy (creeping) stuff. I absolutely can’t wait for Big Blue Madness!!!!

67. Kristen Geil's Abs
    8:14 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Glad to hear Alex is coming back. Good kid, but he needs to roar.

68. Big Worm
    8:14 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

There will be some 5 star kids getting like 8 minutes per game. Wonder if their egos can handle it. It is a nice problem for us to have though.

69. Cauts
    8:16 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

63… If you are really a UK fan and you think cal has been unsuccessful (elite 8, final 4, champs) at uk then you are truly a moron. Do us all a favor and shoot yourself in the face

70. Cal
    8:17 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

My starting 5…
    Harrison
    Harrison
    Wiggins
    Randle
    Cauley-Stein

71. diggerphelps
    8:17 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Well then 63, I bet you really can not stand Rick Pitino at UL. Lets hear your thoughts on him since you are a UK fan (sure)! He has been to the NIT at UL 3 times, got a woman prego outside of his marriage, was investigated for Rape, paid for her abortion, lied to the public! Not to mention was involed in one of the worst College BBALL cheating scandles ever as an assistant in Hawaii…which landed the program the death penalty for a while! As far as UK “cant get it done” they have been to 2 Final Fours with a National Championship in his first 4 season and will win antoher next season. Everyone on here knows you are not a UK fan…C’mon man!

72. C-A-T-S
    8:18 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

#63 You are such an idiot. Go cheer for Louisville you piece of shit. Honestly, how stupid can you be?? Fire Cal??? Do you not see the talent on next year’s team?

73. Let's get 9
    8:19 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Hell yeah. This is GREAT news. Now if we can just get Wiggins. Your gonna witness history!

74. Lmao
    8:21 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Where did fire cal soon go? Her comments were hilarious…. What an idiot… Lol

75. MIke from Union
    8:23 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

THis will be the greatest college colletion of talent (with or without Wiggons) basketball has ever seen. Come on Oct. 15th !!!

76. Bamacat55
    8:23 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Good decision, smart decision but he will have to work next year for minutes which will make him better in the long run.

77. Fire Cal Soon
    8:27 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Rick and his idiot son are worst than Cal, I ll give you that. Rick does his cheating off the court and that’s worse.

I hope Louisville loses every game they play.

Just cause I don’t like Cal or most of his selfish players doesn’t mean I am not a UK fan.

I honestly rather have a team of 4 year players that are connected to the U of K than some hired guns here for 4 months and then leave to get a check. Call me crazy but if I wanted to see these guys in the NBA, I’d watch the NBA.

78. brain
    8:28 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Great decision for all involved.

79. Lmao
    8:29 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

See!!!! She is still going… I want to see 4 year players…. Lol she is a troll.. Have fun losing next year… Lol

80. Lmao
    8:30 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

His selfish players got us a national title… Lol

81. KY Realist
    8:30 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

79) Cal was a part of cheating off the court as well. As most uk fans know, Cal’s wife was married to someone who worked in the Kansas AD. He even helped hire Cal. Cal nailed his current dirty [email protected] of a wife while she was still with this guy. So, that’s the bottom line.

82. UKBlue1!
    8:30 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

That moan you just heard was Bobby Knight.

83. W.W.B.B.N.D?
    8:32 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Great news! Alex should stay and develop his game for a long NBA career. Even if he stays 4 years to do it.

84. MadCatter
    8:32 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

With or without Wigs, this will be the single greatest collection of talent ever assembled on one team. Doesn’t mean we will win it all, but NO ONE can say it won’t be fun. Thanks Cal for making UK the shit again!

85. Dutch
    8:32 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Lmao you don’t count your noney until the dealing done!

86. Lmao
    8:33 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Nice make believe story… Really???? So does ur team not have anything to be excited about? Is that why u are here? Kyrealist… U r as funny as fire cal soon… Lol

87. 76
    8:36 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

delete me please…

88. gog8ors
    8:40 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

I’ve been telling you guys this for weeks. Wiggins will go to Florida State, Randle to Texas, Gordon to Arizona. Florida won’t be adding any other recruits to next season’s class of Walker and Hill. Patric Young could return for his senior season and with the addition of the transfers sitting out this season, Finney-Smith and Harris, the Gators will be in solid shape anyway. Congrats to UK for another outstanding recruiting class and looking forward to the Florida/UK battles in the seasons to come.

89. Lmao
    8:42 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Randle to Texas??? Good call..

90. Snl1960
    8:42 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

So are we seeng who almost hi-jacked this team this year?clearing my DVR now so I will have plenty room to record for next season……..Welcome back Alex. I knew You were THE MAN!

91. enquiring minds
    8:43 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Would Wiggins be a bigger get than John Wall was for Cal?????

92. tdog
    8:44 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

C- WCS, Johnson
    PF- Wiljter, Randle, Lee
    SF- Poythress, Willis, Hood
    SG- Harrison, Young
    PG- Harrison, Polson

PG- Dawkins
    SF- Wiggins

I can live with this

93. Jay
    8:44 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Alex, I couldn’t be more excited to have you back but please for the love of all things basketball quit driving baseline!!! It doesn’t work.

94. UK22
    8:46 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

So pumped! Great news! When he wanted to he was just nasty on the court.

95. Snl1960
    8:47 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Make shirts ” FEAR ME, FOR I WILL PLAY LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW”.

96. CATSWILD
    8:52 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

He needs T Jones’s anger and aggression. Alex will a huge asset to this team. I was getting worried for a second.

97. Ares
    8:53 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

I for one think that it is a great move for all parties involved. If motivation is not a strong point going against the best freshmen will help. Alex will get better UK will be better. I am very excited about this.

98. bmwuk
    8:57 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Happy for him that he realizes the need to improve. Archie wants to chase his dreams and he should. Either way they are Cats for the remaining of their lives. GO BIG BLUE!

99. Mc
    9:01 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Welcome Back! The competition in practice will make game competition seem like a joke. Plus he’ll have players that can break down a defense and get everyone open looks. Can’t wait for next season. Get another guard, and Wiggins..and turn on the pressure and run. Good to be a CATS fan.

100. Dc cat
    9:02 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

76 – wtf? If the comment was reflective of your views you’re an idiot. If you were trying to e funny, you’re also an idiot.

83 – same as 76.

79 – selfish players? You are flat wrong. The vast majority of Cals players have been team oriented not selfish. Even with this years crop, stubborn maybe but not selfish. Also, one and done does not mean no connection to the university. Wake up and pay attention to the number of these KIDS who have come back to visit, work with the team, be a part of the team from wherever they are, …

101. Dr. Phil
    9:03 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

#95 If there will be no tomorrow, What is the use in winning today? When would they have the parade?

102. Dr. Phil
    9:07 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

For #101^^^ And print up the shirts!!!

103. Big blue
    9:11 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

I don’t comment much or get too excited, but next year UK should be unstoppable.

104. True Blue No Doubt
    9:14 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Im pumped. I said all year that it would be interesting for Poythress and Goodwin to be on a team where they weren’t the focus of the other teams best defender. With next years class I think Poythress could be the last player on the opposing teams minds and could blossom with another year under Coach Cal and battling Randle and (Hopefully)Wiggins at the forward spot. Go Cats!

105. Todd W
    9:22 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Great news, Great for him and the BBN!!!!

106. GoodbyeWiggins
    9:22 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Well……he had better come back at full potential, because we just lost Wiggins in all probability……..

107. Mark Liptak
    9:34 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

A wise decision on his part. Best for himself, his family and UK. Win – win all around.

Mark Liptak

108. caytsmain
    9:42 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

92… Did you seriously put Wiltjer in front of Randle on that depth chart? lmao

109. Ryan i dont want to compete
    9:44 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

I dont think this a good decision. Too many good guys coming in.

110. caytsmain
    9:44 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

106… Poythress’ decision will have no impact on Wiggins

111. The Dude
    9:48 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Good, he needs another year or two. Not a great year last year but remember, he was a freshman with no point guard following in the footsteps of giants. Next year he will be a beast.

112. BlueRedNeck
    9:54 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

I was listening to sports talk on 840 AM on the way home, and the guest host (can’t remember name, might have been Gary Gupton) mentioned that Poythress was coming back, and I let out a whoop inside my car with the windows rolled up that actually had the person in the car next to me looking over to see what the hell happened. He followed this announcement up to say that he thinks that Cal and Wiggins are waiting until next week to announce Wiggins to UK so that he can time the announcement to come on Tuesday in the event that UL wins the title. Not sure if Cal is really that obsessed with upstaging Pitino, but I like the way he is thinking!

113. Mark Liptak
    9:56 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

MARK LIPTAK

Mark Liptak

114. UofLOL
    9:57 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

1: Harrison
    2: Harrison
    3: Poythress (Unless Wiggins commits)
    4: Randall (Unless Wiljer grows up)
    5: WCS
    Bench: Wiljer, Young, Polson, Johnson, Lee, Hood

Very talented and very deep. Should be a team for the ages.

115. BurnerTurner5
    10:03 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Great news. Great decision. The beast will be unleashed next season!

116. Sheeeeiiit
    10:10 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

77 – Your Crazy and you sound like Old School. Fire Cal is ridiculous. You need to switch to hoping he will retire because Cal will Never get fired from UK. Hell Tubby didn’t get fired.

117. DJCats
    10:12 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Great to have him back for another year! A great kid, student and player with a tremendous upside!…Number Nine coming to a theater near you in April of 2014!…Go Big Blue!

118. DownSouth
    10:26 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

112, they might stage that on purpose, but you can’t upstage a National Championship.

I would by far rather win a national championship than sign a player. That being said I hope Wichita St. beats UL by 50 and if they don’t I would by far rather see Mich or Syracuse win than the line beards.

119. Beavis
    10:30 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Payback is going to be a bitch. There are a lot of teams that are not looking forward to playing UK next year. The Tards are one of them,,,,LOL

120. Duke Sucks
    10:42 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

40) Why would you think Hood and Polson wouldnt come back? Do you think either Player would leave and miss being part of a NC team?
    I would have thought WCS and Poythress would leave and Archie was going to stay, but this is great news for several reasons. This will help for years to come. I think this is a 3 year choice for both Alex and WCS. With all the talent we are going to have no way everybody can get enough PT to go pro next year.
    This could set us up in the future to where so much isnt asked from the freshmen and they might stay to years. How much better would have Archie been if Lamb came back and so much wasnt on his shoulders. Cal is insuring we dont have seasons like this in the future. you could tell by his comments he didnt want Archie to leave.

121. Chicago Chris
    10:45 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Alright! Poythress will turn it around! Add to that Wiltjer, WCS, Polson and Hood and we actually have a bit of experience, too.

122. Duke Sucks
    10:49 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

We now have the right mix of Talented freshman and upperclassmen. Polson and Hood will be key players next year and wont even see the court. just by the advice they can give the freshman. Hopefully Hawkins will go a head and go to Purdue because there is no room left in the Inn.

123. Dc cat
    11:04 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

122 – plenty of room for Hawkins. A solid backup at point for the next 3-4 years is needed and by all accounts he may very well be able to fill that need.

124. No Wiggins
    11:10 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Cal must of told Poythress no Wiggins… Poythress = No Wiggins.

125. Rich
    12:19 am April 3, 2013 Permalink

Hey, let’s not count out Lee or Young. These guys would give any programs coach a big boner. They are going to be big time as well.

126. Ridiculous
    12:29 am April 3, 2013 Permalink

I dont understand how Polythress coming back means no wiggins. Polythress is a smart kid and knows he is not ready

127. Oohlala
    1:09 am April 3, 2013 Permalink

He should be able to drastically improve with the benefit of other guys at his position. The spotlight wont be solely on him and foul trouble wont matter. He can be aggresive this year and if he gets in trouble there will be replacements. Playing with Randle may be a huge benefit for Alex. Randle is going to be a baby Charles Barkley i believe. Randle is the guy im most excited to see this year. Its going to be crazy fun!!!

128. Wildcatsteeler
    2:39 am April 3, 2013 Permalink

Kinda surprising. Guess there wasn’t the interest he was hoping for from the NBA. I don’t get all the excitement here. Watching him dog it a whole season was enough for me. He won’t get much playing time at all and his stock won’t go up at all. In a far more stacked NBA draft. So maybe he’s thinking as a junior. Simply put, he’s on my shit list. Hopefully he’ll actually try next season.

129. Judy
    8:22 am April 3, 2013 Permalink

Great news! U helped to make my day better. Go get #9..

130. Jackie Chan
    9:33 am April 3, 2013 Permalink

Poythress is like the quiet Asian guy who just sits to the side during an epic battle and takes everything in. Everyone is being dismantled all around him, yet he stays cool, calm and collected. But you just know at any moment he is going to get up and breakout some crazy a$$ sh*t and kick everyone’s a$$.

131. bbr
    9:35 am April 3, 2013 Permalink

“Cal was a part of cheating off the court as well. As most uk fans know, Cal’s wife was married to someone who worked in the Kansas AD. He even helped hire Cal. Cal nailed his current dirty [email protected] of a wife while she was still with this guy. So, that’s the bottom line.”

Get your facts straight before you start spewing your gossip you uninformed, uneducated dolt.
    Ellen Calipari, formerly Ellen Higgins was formerly married to Nolan Cromwell, a KU and LA Rams Football player, not someone in the KU athletic dept. She was divorced and living back in Kansas workign in the athletic depatment when they were introduced. The person who helped Cal get the job at KU was named Hill, not Cromwell.

132. shannon
    3:19 pm April 3, 2013 Permalink

Great news he should improve tremenously!