Alabama favored by 30 over Kentucky, plus other double-digit point spreads

DonBest.com released Golden Nugget casino’s betting lines for the 250 College Football Games of the Year this morning. The odds will officially be released to the betting public later this afternoon, but you can get a peak at how Golden Nugget set the lines for six of Kentucky’s games this season:

vs. Louisville… +14
vs. Florida… +20
@ South Carolina… +23.5
vs. Alabama… +30
@ Georgia… +29
vs. Tennessee… +7.5

The spread for the UK-Western Kentucky game was announced a couple weeks ago; the Cats are -3 in the season opener.

Early thoughts?

Article written by Drew Franklin

46 Comments for Alabama favored by 30 over Kentucky, plus other double-digit point spreads

1. Chris
    11:07 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

I’ll take the Cats and the 23.5 points against South Carolina.

2. TouchdownTommy
    11:11 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

Well that’s just nuts!

3. dougm68
    11:11 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

Reality is going to set back in and this fairy tale off season once UofL comes to town. I hope Stoops can keep it at least competitive against some of these SEC games. If not, that will deal quite a blow to future recruiting.

4. PhilUK18
    11:12 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

I like UK to beat the spread in the games against Louisville, Bama, Georgia and South Carolina

5. Mike34
    11:14 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

I jus hope we can keep with in 14 with u of l. I honestly like the cards to cover that

6. mike
    11:15 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

I am excited about this season with Coach Stoops but come on there is no way we stay within 20 of Fla. The only way we cover any of those spreads will be at the mercy of the opposing coach.

7. Chris
    11:19 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

Ill take UK vs UL USC Bama Uga and UT. Florida is the only one im not sure of

8. cats fan
    11:21 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

We brag that we have a winning record against UL in football but in reality we don’t. UK won in 1912, 1913, 1914, 1915, 1922, and 1924 when Louisville’s football team was basically a pick up team. Since starting the series back in 1994, Louisville leads 11-8.

9. Pacman
    11:22 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

We will be better than what Vegas is giving us credit
    For. I would agree with those spreads if Joker
    Was still the coach, but not now. No matter the team
    We will be able to score points and that will
    Help to keep it closer than when Randy Sanders was
    Calling plays

10. Austin
    11:23 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

I can see us not being able to have a great defense the first couple of years until the roster gets a little heavier with Stoops’ recruits, but I dont see us getting rolled like that with our new offense. We are going to put up points.

11. Seriously?
    11:24 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

You’re clearly not a UK fan. Nice job cherry picking a starting date to make it look like Louisville has an edge in the series…

12. BigBlueBallz
    11:24 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

@ #8, this is true. However, if you as any UL fan they will claim they have a prominent football program. Yet they are only 11-8 against a bottom dwelling SEC team. #LineBeardProbs

13. Pawnstar
    11:27 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

Is glen Faulkner gonna actually play this year?

14. Honky Kong
    11:29 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

UK will win six games this year and be bowl bound.

15. C-A-T-S
    11:30 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

#12 You do realize that you just tried to insult Louisville for holding a winning record against us in football when it actually mattered? Think about what you type before you post

16. Big Blue
    11:30 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

What do you expect Joker recruited a bunch of players who had offer’s from Akron, Central Mich ect. and tried to compete in the SEC. It will take Stoops atleast 3 years of recruiting to compete and clean up Joker’s mess

17. So Be it
    11:30 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

I’m betting that submiminally, you are betting on Whitlow as the starting QB since you posted a pic of him.

18. HAHAHA
    11:35 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

@17…..submiminally hahahahaha

19. paducahfan
    11:36 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

A disciplined and well-coached team, which I think we will be for a change, will beat several of these spreads.

20. schwing
    11:37 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

bet every last penny you have on alabama. even if the point spread was 50. every penny.

21. TheBigToe
    11:38 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

We should cover all of those except for Bama and maybe UGA. And let us not forget that the Gators have Joker now. That should drop their scoring by at least 14 points.

22. cats fan
    11:41 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

DANGIT. Charlie Strong doesn’t have his buddy on the sideline this year so that means Teddy Bridgewater might play all 4 quarters. UL-45 UK-20

23. Nerlens
    11:41 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

UK has dominated the UL series in recent memory winning 4 of the past 6 against UL in football. The game is in Lexington, KY this year and we have a few games to get our feet wet under Stoops.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we win as UL hasn’t been that good in football the past two years. Lets keep in mind that Charlie Strong has lost to more mid majors than Joker did…..signed FIU and Marshall.

24. quickie
    11:45 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

Neal Brown’s offense will put up some numbers and I will take UK and the points every game until Vegas figures that out.

25. Bill
    11:48 am June 7, 2013 Permalink

These odds will change.

26. Argo
    12:02 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Anybody know where a body might get down on some of these future bets? I agree with most here that just having an offense will cover most of these.

27. Jarod Thompson
    12:05 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Well, last year Georgia was favored big over the Cats but Kentucky kept it close and only lost by 5 and almost the whole team who played in that game are coming back #UpsetAlert

28. Shinny
    12:06 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

The spreads will be closer!! No doubt! “AIR RAID”

29. Bleedblue36
    12:24 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Where is the best place to set up an account to do some online betting? I am convinced there is some money to be made with these lines. Anybody out there with reputable sites that are safe, etc…please fill me in. I’m ready!

30. Laker Cat 18
    12:29 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

8. What’s your point? UK’s teams have pretty much been pick up teams since 1994. Do those games count?

31. Toothless inbred
    12:30 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

I am gonna get me a fifth mortgage on my meth lab so I can bet on my cats

Ain’t no way all them teams is gonna beat us

32. freepicks
    12:38 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Best bets of the year:
    WKU +3 (possibly moneyline)
    UK under 3.5 wins

33. Dores
    12:42 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

@ Vanderbilt + 50!!!!!!!!!!!!

We’re gonna stomp you slapdicks even worse than last year hahaha!!!!!!

Maybe we’ll be able to send Stoops on his merry way even faster than we did to Joker.

34. DLN
    12:50 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

#21 You and everyone else seem to forget that UK had one of the best offenses in the country when Joker was OC. He didn’t cut it as head coach, but don’t disparage the man or gloss over his past accomplishments. That being said, I don’t expect Florida’s offense to be much better than they were last year. They lost their top back and they are slowly shifting to a more pass-oriented attack. It will take them a few years to grow that offense, having to recruit a little deeper at receiver and find a standout quarterback who can put it down field. I like UK to challenge most of these.

35. NineWillBeFine
    1:03 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

33.

Congrats on having one good team. It says something about the standing of your program overall though that losses to Vandy were the kiss of death for 3 SEC coaches last season. You pompous douche tacos will go back to being irrelevant in the near future when your coach packs up and leaves.

36. NineWillBeFine
    1:05 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

31.

You can’t read, can you? Very few people on here are saying that Kentucky will win these games. However, what people are saying is that they will probably be much closer than what Vegas thinks, and therefore those posters will be betting on UK to keep the loss to less than the predicted margin. Are we all clear on how this works now? Or should I try to explain it to you again?

37. Underestimating Joker's Drag
    1:32 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

If Joker and his staff were coming back, then I would agree with the posted betting lines. With Stoops and his new crew, along with some additional talent and some healed bodies at quarterback and running back, I think the Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina spreads are too large. KY almost certainly will lose all three games but I don’t think all three will be blowouts. The Florida, Tenn., UL, and WKU lines are realistic but I think UK will cover all of them and very likely will beat Tenn. I would not be utterly shocked at an upset over Florida this year, although it certainly would be an upset. It’s time to end that streak!!!

38. Yoda
    1:37 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Y’ll are smoking crack if you think our football team will win more than 5 games this year. 4 is likely, and 3 wouldn’t be a shocker. No way we get to 6 and a bowl.

39. ReedyCreekBuc
    1:39 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

I will take Kentucky in all those games. We may not win a lot of games, but we will score more than last year.

40. Lol at the dumbest fan base in the SEC
    1:49 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Sure #37…haven’t beat Florida in 26 years…new head coach versus a program ranked in the top 15.

41. Sposed to be SEC
    2:05 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

#27 has a good point. Georgia always overlooks us. The last 5 games (except for 2010) have been close against the Dawgs. We even won in Athens in 2009.

42. Blue To The Bone..
    3:03 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Not saying we will beat any of these team, but we are going to surprise some of these folks…

43. hhCATFAN
    3:51 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Heard from a friend that went to the KMEN event in Pikeville, I think… our football coaching staff looks like they just started shaving and none were over 5’8″ except for the defensive line coach, who was 6′ and 165…is that for real?

44. Pacman
    4:39 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

.43. Last time I checked they didn’t let the coaches play. What
    Does it matter if your coach is 5’8″? How tall is Nick Saban ?

45. NL
    6:08 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

13- He should. He was RS with an ankle injury last year but should be back to 100% by now. He is really talented, so hopefully Stoops can bring him up to speed.

46. Cats fan
    10:39 pm June 7, 2013 Permalink

Hey “Dores” let the football game do the talking.