– A fan e-mailed me the clip above of Vandy’s A.J. Ogilvy making himself look stupid screaming after a made basket and a foul on DeMarcus Cousins. The fan asked, “is that Ogilvy’s little brother sitting under the basket?”
– Vittorio Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle says, “John Wall should win National Player of the Year, but Evan Turner will.” Tafur makes a really nice point when he says that Wall is so good that he starting to be taken for granted. He adds that we should actually be having the Wall-Carmelo Anthony debate for best freshman ever before we have a Wall-Turner debate.
– John Clay at the Herald-Leader has a nice article out about the quality of the entire UK athletics department – not just men’s basketball. While the basketball team is 26-1 and ranked #2 in that nation, Clay points out that there is great success across the boards at UK – from tennis to swimming.
– Former Kentucky walk-on Adam Delph is now a key player at Asbury College. Delph had some adjustments to make early in the season, but has turned it on in the second half of the season. Last night, he led the Eagles to a 101-95 quarterfinal win over IU-East in the KIAC Tournament. Delph scored a game-high 23 points in the victory.
– Dustin will be along soon to give you some exciting updates on several Kentucky recruits; make sure you check that out. It’s also time to start sending the focus towards tomorrow night’s revenge game against South Carolina. I love Darrin Horn but it’s time to show the USC Student Senate what athletic dominance is all about.
– So, Kobe Bryant is John Calipari’s “Chris Lofton”? In a way, I guess Lofton and Bryant both helped Calipari end up in Lexington, so it all worked out for the best.