Afternoon Notes and Podcast? Yeeaaaahhhhh Boooooyyyyyy!

Fla-vor Flav!!!

The original hype man wants today’s afternoon notes and podcast. Yeaaaahhh boyyyyyyy!

— We have some roster news out of the NBA for a former Cat. The Los Angeles Clippers sent Eric Bledsoe to the D-League. Bledsoe is on a two-game assignment with the Bakersfield Jam, and then he’ll be eligible to rejoin the Clippers on Sunday. Head coach Vinny Del Negro said they want to see how he plays after recovering from his offseason knee injury.

— CBSSports.com is ranking the best college basketball teams ever, and one of the spots already leaked out. Jeff Goodman tweeted that the 1996 UK National Championship will be No. 6 on CBS’s all-time list. Now, someone please tell me who #1-5 will be.

— Over at ESPN, Jay Bilas released his Top 10 big men in college hoops. Number one? Anthony Davis, of course.

1. Anthony Davis, Kentucky Wildcats
Davis is the best defender in the country, and it has taken him only 20 games to prove it. With his freakishly long arms, great feet, athleticism, timing and feel, Davis leads the nation in blocked shots and has already set a Kentucky season record for rejections. Davis covers up the basket from 10 feet and in and can block shots in the paint and jump shots outside of the paint. As an offensive player, Davis has great tools. He has the best pair of hands in college basketball and very good touch. While he may be slight of build, Davis is no pushover and is plenty tough. Perhaps best of all, he does not need the ball to play. He is averaging 13 points per game on only eight shot attempts, 10 rebounds and almost five blocked shots while shooting 63 percent from the floor and 71 percent from the line. Davis will continue to get better and better.

Are you tired of hearing people talk about Anthony Davis? No? I’m not either.

— In big-men-that-aren’t-as-good-as-Anthony-Davis news, check out this text message exchange between Chane Behanan and Rick Pitino:

Chane Tattedupcrazy Behanan, as he’s called on Facebook, uploaded the screenshot to his Facebook page Wednesday morning. “lol”

No. 2 Missouri went down last night to Travis Ford’s Cowboys. This dunk helped spark the late comeback:

Markel Brown was ejected after the dunk for his second technical, but the damage was done. Oklahoma State rallied to a 79-72 victory.

— Nice work on the Syracuse poll. Kentucky now leads with 60% of the votes. #BBN gettin’ it done!

— On today’s show, Matt and Ryan talked about ending the negativity and if an ‘I’ or a ‘Y’ makes a girl’s name hotter. Oh, and Ian Eagle stopped by too. Listen after the break.

Hour 1:

Hour 2:

Article written by Drew Franklin

30 Comments for Afternoon Notes and Podcast? Yeeaaaahhhhh Boooooyyyyyy!

1. dave
    3:07 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

60%? cats are leading in cuse vote with 77% of vote

2. C-A-T-S
    3:12 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Not sure how you can T that kid up without at least calling the personal foul on the Mizzou guy who fouled him while he was getting posterized.

3. Podcast...
    3:14 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

ANnnnnddddd…..I just about got fired for the podcast starting up automatically and “Dum, dum….dum, dum….dumdumdumdum” literally BLARING through my speakers at work!

4. Slappy Pantz
    3:16 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Automatic start on both videos? C’mon guys

5. Carl
    3:17 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

I agree #2…and if I could dunk like that I’d be staring guys down too. As long as you don’t do a cup check (Marquis!!) on a guy while he’s in the air you can pretty much mug him.

6. dave
    3:18 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

kid never shouldve been Td up. thats terrbile.

7. JoeMoney333
    3:19 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Biggest BS Technical I’ve seen in a while…

8. bung
    3:22 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Travis Ford is a good coach and recruiter

9. Big Blue Lush
    3:29 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

#3 – Me too. COME ON GUYS. Some of us like to try and look at this stuff without the whole office hearing it.

10. #1 in the polls
    3:30 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

It may have been a lame technical but if you’ve already been called for 1 technical for the same thing in the same game you should have enough sense not to do it again.

11. catdaddyd
    3:32 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

A lot of empty seats in the upper level in OK ST. Negative or not the cat fans show up.

12. REAL BLY
    3:36 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

KABBBBOOOM!!!! IN YOUR EYE MOFO!!!!

13. E Cat
    3:39 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Ucla teams of Walton and Alcindor will be in top 5. They better not have Duke 92 or Unc 82 ahead of Uk 96, but that is likely.

14. REAL BLY
    3:40 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

WORST TECHNICAL EVER!!!!!!

15. Sholler
    3:46 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

13-I think the highest Duke team will be 2000. Boozer, Williams, Dunleavy, Battier, Duhon.

16. #1 in the polls
    3:52 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

16 I don’t think so. And I think you mean the 2001 team. Look at the link I posted above at #9. Only one of these 4 dudes have the 2001 Duke team on there but they all have the 92 team listed.

17. Lunch Box
    3:58 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

I will still take Darius Millers dunk in the St. John’s game as the dunk of the year, either that or MKG in the Portland game

18. ParkDaddy
    4:04 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Am i the only one thats relived about the screen shot of Shane Bahanan wasnt a dick pick from Rick P. He also expects him to come to his class for 15-mins? Does he not realize in that same amount of time Patino could bang 60 chicks!

19. Alex
    4:10 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

I, for one found the text exchange pretty humanizing.

20. HOO HOO's mom
    4:14 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

whatever Cody Zeller is the best center in all of basketball, NCAA or NBA. did you see him against those kitty cats! Clown Down! Fear the Clown! if we could play every tournament game in Assembly Hall we would rule (the NIT)! I feel like throwing a chair. woot.

21. Biglaw Dawgin'
    4:19 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Ok, I don’t care whether you like him or not, that Pitino text exchange is hilarious.

22. JCPostel
    4:28 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Foul on the Missouri guy

23. Tomas
    4:53 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Referees have ruined the sport of basketball. Players can’t show any emotion after a big play. Giving him a technical after that would mean that every player who dunks would get a T. Something has to be done to get officials out of the game.

24. Truth is
    5:57 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Send Ms. Tyler to the ‘D’ League KSR college site. Get rid of her before you delete this!

25. UK Wildcat
    5:57 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

Holy shit that Pitino text message is hilarious. I can’t believe he uses “n” instead of “and” and “u” instead of “you”. hahahahaha.

26. Blue/White
    10:40 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

What could the kid have possibly done? Maybe he stared down the guy from Mizzou for a second but COME ON. He should have been going to the line for an And-1 because he was clearly fouled on top of that nasty slam. I hate officials.

27. Joe Big Blue
    11:50 pm January 26, 2012 Permalink

80% last i checked. BWAHAHAHA

28. David from San Diego
    12:23 am January 27, 2012 Permalink

On negativity from the show: I love this team, I love the last 2 teams, I love our coach, fans, and the media we are blessed to have cover all things UK. The only think that I think is driving negativity is how long we endured Tubby and then had no better option and were stuck for Gillespie. The negativity is a Tubby hangover. Its that simple. If we had had some happiness during the 10 years Tubby took us from the premier program to a slightly above average program, the negativity cited today when we all should be thrilled would be largely toned down. We all just want banner number 8. Some us appreciate the ride we are on more than others. I understand anyone who is impatient though. I was so sick of the demise of the program under Tubby I moved across the country because I couldn’t stand it. Minnesota is sick of Tubby now too if no one has noticed. Go CATS!

29. alaeotus
    8:31 am January 27, 2012 Permalink

Lame T. Kid didn’t go overboard with any celebration or taunt; he just gave a glare. That is, the ref literally ejected him for “not liking that look you gave.”

30. EggMan