A few notes on this exceptionally cold Florida day….
– First and foremost, if you haven’t read this story by Rivals’ Jason King yet, make sure you do so. And make sure you have a big strong shoulder to cry on after. King writes an article on the special bond between Billy Donovan, Anthony Grant and John Pelphrey that emerged while they were at Florida and they all endured losing children. It’s an excellent piece.
– Not one to just kick back and enjoy the praise, King then puts together his midseason All-American squad and puts Brandon Knight on the second team. Which is good because first is the worst and second is the best. I’ll not let you tell me any differently until it no longer favors my argument. Here is the list.
– Matt mentioned today on the show that UK has seven primary targets for 2012 recruiting. They are Shabazz Muhammad, Andre Drummond, Perry Ellis, Archie Goodwin, L.J. Rose, Alex Murphy and Kaleb Tarczewski. The Cats expect to land three of them. If you’re a KSR fan, you can expect a deeper breakdown posted tomorrow. And if you’re a KSR writer, you can expect me to ask you at some point to write this for tomorrow.
– Creighton hoops has a novel way of getting their fans fired up for their game with Wichita State. A white out? That’s nothing. How about a white out and $1 beers? Drew Franklin just started a petition for Rupp to do the same and put his press pass on Ebay.
– Big news out of Bristol today as Dick Vitale signed on with ESPN through 2015. Next time you hit the Broken Egg, The Sheepherder is on him.
– Speaking of heartburn, Seth Davis will chat with Mark Emmert tonight on Courtside with Seth Davis. He’ll also have the corpse formerly known as Wally Sczcerbiak on the show.
– Also, don’t forget to check back tonight for the FAN OUTFITTERS FAN CONTEST. We’ll be posting the information at around 9 and you’ll want to be ready to pick your squad. The details are in the podcast.
In case you missed it early, Matt and EZ put together another solid episode of Kentucky Sports Radio. Gregg Doyel joined them to talk NCAA hoops and got so hot that the Emergency Broadcast System had to intervene. Make sure you check it out.