Adam Zagoria says it’s Duke or NC State

We’ve never really been confident in Amile Jefferson landing in Lexington, and Adam Zagoria is hearing the same from his multiple sources. Zagoria reports it will be Duke or NC State when Jefferson announces his decision tomorrow afternoon. Those are the same two schools it has been since the beginning of time.

We’ll still watch the announcement, just in case Jefferson comes to his senses some time in the next 24 hours.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

22 Comments for Adam Zagoria says it’s Duke or NC State

1. WhatSheOrder?FishFilet?
    7:49 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

not surprising

2. Oh well
    7:52 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

that’s fine by me. This kid wouldn’t be an impact player next year, anyway. It would have been good to have had him as a role player, later on. But, he’s probably better off at Duke or NC State, because he would have been recruited over every season. He is more of a small forward, and what we need is some muscle.

3. Calipari's Blue Ballers
    7:52 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

This may be true but why so long to decide if it’s one of those schools. Looking at the rosters UK has the most potential minutes to offer. It will all work out one way or another.

4. Jack
    7:56 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

SucKs we missed out again. Needed a PF. But this just opens the door for Montrezl and to be honest, I’m in love with his game. Very underrated. Better inside game than Bennett in my opinion. We need to get him

5. deer boss
    7:59 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Who cares.

6. Chuck
    8:02 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

He will be at UK in a couple of years anyway. It seems to be a pattern with nc state.

7. Cats4life
    8:06 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

It’s just aways funny to me how people get caught up with power rankings. Personally, both Harrell and Jefferson are certainly talented. However, ever since I saw montrezl on YouTube I knew this kid was the guy we need. I really think if we don’t get Harrell we can’t contend for a title regardless of who else we get. I could be wrong. Noel needs a beast rebounder beside him and Harrell is the guy that fits the bill.

8. Catsfan81
    8:07 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

I think Montrell Harrell would be better for us next year if we can land him.

9. Smyrna_Cat
    8:08 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Not sure why this would be a surprise to anyone?

10. nassau65
    8:26 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

well, we can’t get ’em all, can we?

11. kevin lankford
    8:27 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

i never wanted jefferson… i wanted Bennett first, then Harrell but I honestly think Harrell is going to be a better college player than Bennett. WRITE IT DOWN!

12. BlueVirus
    8:28 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

So, in other words, Adam Zagoria does not know anymore than you or me

13. Duke sucks
    8:29 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Hope people don’t trash him like they did Bennett. Just because they don’t pick UK doesn’t mean they made the wrong choice. Bennett probably couldn’t have got eligible at UK anyway. Please leave the threats and nasty messages for people like Joel Pett and DB like him and leave the teenage kids alone.

14. Ky_99
    8:30 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Didn’t Adam say NN was picking gtown?

15. JayCee
    8:37 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

13- good luck with that.

Have you met the average sidewalk UK fan? Class, restraint and better judgement aren’t their strong suits.

16. twnky
    8:45 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

Fine by me. We need the room for 2013 anyway.

17. cracka
    8:57 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

i’m a little different than the majority it seems, i’m not gonna say i’d rather have jefferson or harrell, i want both … every recruit we talk about i think they’d be better playing for cal at uk … i’m a homer i guess, ha … but as far as harrell goes, something i haven’t seen mentioned is that his coach at hargrave is aw hamilton who grew up just outside of lex in gtown and played ball at scott co, you think he’s got to be a uk fan … hopefully he can give him a little advice in the right direction

18. CATS
    9:46 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

#17 – That may be true, but Kevin Keatts was also a coach at Hargrave and is now an assistant at Louisville. Some people think that gives them an edge, but with them not having any scholarships open and Behanan already being their starting PF, I don’t think having his old coach their would help that much. Or at least I hope not. Honestly, UK would be his best option. Getting plenty of playing time, a shot at winning a NC, and getting to the NBA. Why would you want to go any where else?

19. CATS
    9:46 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

there*

20. Hicks
    11:14 pm May 14, 2012 Permalink

No offense to Harrell but if we don’t get Jefferson, I will just be moving on. Even with Jefferson, Wiltjer could end up being the starting PF so without a dynamic player still out there for the 4 spot I think our core is basically already here. Besides if the Mays kid comes in and shockes a few people and Wiltjer can’t get his defense together you just might see Poythress starting the 4. Either way once again we have a lot of talent and a chance to do some big things next year. On a side note if we don’t pick up another top 100 guy and ESPN doesn’t move us up to #1 in the class ranking, this site should disregard or refuse to even mention an rankings from ESPN.com form here on out. I realize you guys rarely do anyway but I just wanted to make it official.

21. SeoulCat
    12:08 am May 15, 2012 Permalink

#11 exactly. I’m actually happy to read that he won’t be coming to Lexington. Don’t want him. REALLY want Harrell. This will work out for the best.

22. Bobby Knight's Red Nose
    7:30 am May 15, 2012 Permalink

Nothing to see here folks… move on.