According to Andy Katz, we should stop sweating

In his morning run-around of college basketball, Andy Katz praises Julius Mays and says the Cats don’t need to worry about making the Tournament:

– I liked Julius Mays when he was at Wright State, and if Kentucky is going to do something in the SEC and possibly NCAA tournament, then the most experienced player on the Wildcats will have a say. He scored 24 in the overtime win over Missouri.

– Don’t sweat, Kentucky and North Carolina. I can’t see either missing the NCAAs. Remember, you have to fill the field.

Saturday certainly helped.

20 Comments for According to Andy Katz, we should stop sweating

1. Jpo
    11:24 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

Didn’t oldschool get on here saying how we were for sure going to the NIT and how tubby never went to the NIT blah blah blah what a tool.

2. cracka
    11:27 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

according to joe lunardi’s rpi (lrpi), we’re 14: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/sort/lrpi

3. oldschool is an old tool
    11:30 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

If that is true, then he is a miserable old man. I don’t care if Cal is 100% to blame for this so far average season by UK standards (he’s not). Doesn’t just coming off an Elite Eight, Final Four, and then a National Championship earn you a mulligan?? Just one off year that based on a proven track record can’t be called anything but a blip?

4. Musehobo
    11:32 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

Mays looks a lot like Poythress.

5. Musehobo
    11:38 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

And I’m sorry Mr. Katz, but if a couple of teams (who wouldn’t normally be in) win their conference tourney, we can get pushed out. I won’t stop sweating till we either win out or get a seed.

6. White Rights
    11:45 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

That’s Will Smith.

7. FOOTBALL
    11:47 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

Can we plase get an updat on football recruiting please.

8. bosshogg24
    11:51 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

The winner of the National Championship should get an automatic berth in the NCAA no qustions asked!

9. mudcat
    11:52 am February 25, 2013 Permalink

I tend to agree with Mr Katz. Any other year we would be on the outside looking in, but this year in college basketball outside the top ten or so, the next 50 teams there is not a whole of difference. I think if we go 2-2 in the next 4, we are in. Lose the 2 on the road and at home vs. Florida…we may need to win the SEC Tourney. Just my opinion, the Missouri win was on national tv and will carry us a long way, because we looked like a tourney team w/o our best player. I just pray we dont throw another stink bomb, like the UT game, against Georgia and Arkansas. It will be tough to win both of those. Just win one of those and we are in. Go Cats!

10. I Say
    12:07 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

We are rolling right now, I dont see us getting blown out again but I do think we lose one more game against Florida but win out the rest. The time is now for this team to hit its stride and make a run. I have all the confidence in the world in these guys.

11. CPACAT
    1:17 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I think the BBN should also remember that almost every decision the NC$$ makes is predicated on money. When you cut through their amateurism facade, most of their decisions rest on what is in their best interest financially. So if it really came down to choosing between Wichita State and their impressive 800 person traveling party or Kentucky bringing 12,000 fans to a game in New Jersey or somewhere, I think I know who would win that tie breaker!

12. IU will be champs!!!
    1:45 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I want UK in the dance!! Put them in our bracket as a 8 or 9 seed and let us demolish them in round 3!! With Cal’s fear of playing of this year, I guarantee the NCAA will make it happen. Then give us U of L and let us put a total humiliation on the entire state of Kentucky! Everybody knows Indiana is where real B-ball is played!!

13. Big Blue B-Rad
    1:55 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

12) “real bball is played in Indiana?” Really? I would also argue that “real ncaa teams” don’t give out rings for going to the sweet 16. Out of the other 15 teams to get to the sweet 16, only one of them got rings…who was that again?

14. Big Blue B-Rad
    1:55 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

12) I keep saying IU fans are idiots. You just keep giving us ammo. You do realize it took both sides to end the rivalry right? Tom “The Clap” Creen did not want to move the game to a neutral site because he knew he couldn’t beat us unless it was in Assembly Hall, so his fans can act as obnoxious as possible, while trampling our fans and chanting “f kentucky” (look up ‘Classy IU fans’ on Youtube if you don’t believe that happened). I have no doubt you guys are a very good team, but please stop this “UK’s afraid of us” drivel. It just makes you sound like a moron.

15. Jackson Purchase
    1:56 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

@12 You’re right Butler plays real B-ball!

16. Roland
    2:14 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

Sat. night’s performance by these CATS, was like watching
    a baby just before it cries:
    “You know the baby is gonna make some NOISE!”
    That in a positive way.

17. Jimmy Dykes Caddy
    2:22 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

# 12, I belive that UK has won something like 18 of the past 21 games against the Boosers, including a really good thrashing in the NCCA tourney last year while on the way to a National Championship.

IU will be champs this year just like the Cubs will win the World Series, the Panthers will win the Super Bowl, the Wizards will win the NBA Championship, the Blue Jackets will win the Stanley Cup, the stock market will hit 20,000, Al Sharpton will become a conservative, Bill O’Riley will not write another book and the Russians will step forward and confess that their government is controlled by a bunch of crooks. It will be a good year indeed for America when all of that happens…Oh! I almost forgot to mention, your fellow Indiana statesman Fuzzy “water mellon” Zeller will win the Masters.

18. U of L Fan
    3:26 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

IU Fan is an idiot!!
    I want UK in the big dance because It’s just more fun when all the local teams are in the hunt!!
    To all IU fans, we missed you all those many many years you had to sit home!!! Geez, irrelevant for years and all of a sudden they wanna talk smack!!

19. John Burke
    8:47 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I like this U of L fan ^^ … I can honestly say I would cheer for UL over IU in a game right now.

20. W.W.B.B.N.D?
    9:19 pm February 25, 2013 Permalink

I hope that UK’s team plays the rest of the season like they have something to prove. If too no one else but themselves. Just keep the momentum they have been building. Finish strong!