Aaron’s UK Basketball Blog’s Article Links

If you enjoy reading articles about the UK men’s basketball team, please visit my webpage at http://kybasketball.blogspot.com.  You can also follow my webpage on Twitter. My webpage has been around for several years and I update it several times per day so UK basketball fans have access to the best and most recent articles about the team.

Now, The Article Links-

The Tea Party mentality —- my way or not at all —- has now infected the Indiana-Kentucky basketball rivalry

One of college basketball’s best non-league rivalries is off for the time being, meaning a game between the schools ranked No. 1 (UK) and No. 2 (IU) will not happen next season- the losers are college basketball fans, but the winner is Calipari

Calipari says Kentucky has the date for Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis and will still try to schedule an opponent there next season

At a time when conference realignment is already robbing college basketball of some of its premier rivalries, it’s a blow to the health of the sport when two of its top programs can’t figure out a way to compromise

Darius Miller exchanged high fives, hugs and handshakes with students Thursday at Strode Station Elementary

The University of Kentucky men’s basketball team isn’t shy about showing off its national championship trophy

Article written by AaronsUKBasketballBlog

47 Comments for Aaron’s UK Basketball Blog’s Article Links

1. Steve
    6:52 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

PLAY THE BUCKEYES!

2. Cats By 100
    6:56 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

UK recruits Ohio students in the thousands and there are tens of thousands of Alums in Ohio. The Buckeyes are always in and out of the top ten. The recruiting pool for athletes in Ohio is much stronger and UK really doesnt get that much exposer in Basketball in Ohio like you would assume.. The only thing I was growing up in Ohio was when the Cats would have Midnight Madness on Fox Sports Net back when it was at memorial. Play the Bucks and it will force (as you Kentuckians call us) “FIFO’s” to convert to truly bleed Blue.

3. Cpt. Stinkpickle
    6:56 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

nice shot at the tea party, lib asses.

4. Cats1
    7:00 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Disappointed on Cal’s call on this one… playing tough games like against a team like IU next year can only help us. too bad.

5. Beatle Bum
    7:01 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Why do you dumb asses keep injecting political commentary into sports. That is the one thing that utterly sucks about this site.

6. Sean
    7:01 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

3 – I agree. Why’d they have to include that comment?? Let’s stick to sports people. There’s enough bullsh*t in the world as it is.

7. HOO HOO
    7:04 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Tea Party? I love parties! Especially when all the guys wear diapers!!

8. PatPattersonISwalkingthruthatdoor
    7:04 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

(7) because it’s an accurate description. and i’m a Republican.

9. PatPattersonISwalkingthruthatdoor
    7:05 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

*(7) = (6)

10. Usernametaken
    7:05 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Michigan State could be a good one for Indianapolis.

11. Sean
    7:07 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

How about a home and home vs. UCLA? The only problem might be the time zone differences. But the two top title winning teams playing each other would be great. I for one would cherish seeing UK kick the Bruins ass on their home court in LaLa Land!!

12. Sean
    7:09 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

8 – That’s not the argument. Let’s just discuss sports and leave out any political jargin. We all love basketball, let’s leave it at that.

13. PatPattersonISwalkingthruthatdoor
    7:15 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

(12) It was the title of the article posted by the Indiana journalist. That’s why Aaron included it (like he almost always does)

14. IWantJust"K"OnTheFootballHelmets
    7:46 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

@13 Quit lying. The title of the headline is “Say it Ain’t So-IU Kentucky Series is Over” The tea party crack is in the body of the story.

15. Elephant in the Room
    7:47 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

“The Cats pulled a Romney today by defeating IU in the Sweet 16.” There, now we’re fair and balanced.

16. jeffj
    8:01 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

WOW !!! all that got the blood pumping “i feel we should play em, we want to play em & need to play em ” kinda like allow them to challenge our dominance over them since since the mid-70’s

17. Dane Brmmage
    8:10 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Fok eye you.

Crean can go ahead and ‘Crean my ash’ (as the hogtied Chinese dissidents request).

Fok eye you.

18. Dane Brammage
    8:15 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Fake red neck menorah.

Looks like a red eye dubya.

19. PatPattersonISwalkingthruthatdoor
    8:28 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

(14) you know what I meant. Aaron just did the same format he always does. Don’t get mad at him just because you’re so sensitive.

20. Beatle Bum
    8:34 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

My apologies. I did not realize the political comment was from the linked article.

21. Millie
    8:38 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Did I miss something? What the hell does dressing up like Ben Franklin and listening to Christian Rock have to do with the UK vs. IU series? Although Tom Crean in his glasses does sort of resemble ole Ben Franklin. Can we get Crean in a tricorn hat singing I am American by Krista Branch with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth? I find the thought of this lol funny.

22. Capt. Obvious
    9:14 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Tea Party = American Taliban

23. mwgocats
    9:21 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Missouri will become a great rivalry. What is so special about IU.

24. laughable double standard
    9:25 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I guess throwing rocks at windows, bricks at cops, pooping on cars, overdosing on drugs, raping girls and causing millions in damage is cool. U guys seriously need to turn off MSNBC and join the real world. Calling out the tea party is an absolute joke compared what the “i want everything for free” occupy people are doing.
    Geeze people! wake up.

NATIONAL CHAMPS

25. Mudcreekmark
    9:26 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I didn’t know that the Tea Partys platform was “my way or no way at all”. I thought they were for smaller government, against being forced to buy a product(insurance), and protecting the constitution. Tea Party members took a beating in the media because they would ask tough questions in town hall meetings but the occupy movement can block the entrance to businesses, hit a female officier in the head, or any thing they want and the media acts like nothing is wrong with their protesting.

26. P.L. Wallingford, III
    9:29 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Dumbocrat party = Red Guards

27. Pork Chop sandwiches
    9:31 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Why the shot at the tea party? You are an idiot Aaron…..politically speaking of course…..all due respect.

28. Pork Chop sandwiches
    9:32 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

#25, good call. Spot on, you must work hard for your pauchecks.

29. Mudcreekmark
    9:34 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

22) That is not even funny. Comparing a group of people fed up with the federal government with a terrorist group is like saying Obama=Hitler. Idiot.

30. Aaron the idiot
    9:42 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Way to ruin the story by trying to be witty with your lame political views. I don’t even know what The story was about anymore.

31. I. Melvin
    9:43 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

So damn tired of this site and their juvenile, Occutard politics.

Grow up or lose readership just like every other leftist publication out there.

32. trucat00
    9:51 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Tea Party mentality?That is the dumbest thing I have ever read by anyone.The Tea Party is mostly Libertarian type thinking,which is do whatever you want.As long as you don’t trespass upon me.It is the dumbocrats and Repubicans who take that stand.You must be a obummer Kool Aid drinker.

33. wolfcreekbrian
    9:59 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

#24 & #25 AMEN, couldn’t have said it better myself.

34. scott ( tea party memeber)
    10:07 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I would love to see UK play all the top teams every year.I have heard the comment ” now that Indiana is relevent. Are the ?Really?- sweet sixteen- hanging banners for it.We might be jumping the gun here. Dont get me wrong, lets play,but arent we slumbing a bit.If our game with Indiana validates their hypothetical return to glory then i dontknow if we should- i like the previous statement play ohio state

35. Chattanooga Jimmie
    10:21 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

I want Michigan State against Kentucky up in Indy…sounds better than the Crapiana Hoosiers anyway!

36. DaveUK
    10:22 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Screw Indiana. I’d rather we not acknowledge their alleged existence. #IndianaDoesntExist

37. PeterPrinciple
    10:22 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

Wow, what a cheap shot! The libs way or no way, sounds better, but in reality, just as bad. Stick to sports, you won’t sound so stupid.

38. VACats fan
    10:35 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

been off KSR for several months due to political comments. back one day. now gone for good. didn’t really miss it anyway

39. In Cal We Trust
    10:45 pm May 3, 2012 Permalink

IU thinks that Indy is to far to make their fans travel for a basketball game? Most teams that think that they have a chance to go to a Final Four want to play a game in a stadium. I guess IU is only worried about making it to a sweet 16.

40. Duke sucks
    2:15 am May 4, 2012 Permalink

I know we play duke and Kansas now in the rotating tournament but I would like to see us play them both every year and Indy would be a fine place it. I’m a card carrying Tea parter and instead of the media hating on it they should embrace it. 2 party system isn’t working we need a third party to make them work together. The dems and rep way of neither wanting the other to get ahead of the other is why we are in this shape. The working people are the ones who suffer.

41. PDXCat
    2:23 am May 4, 2012 Permalink

@40, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

42. Marxism Sucks
    7:21 am May 4, 2012 Permalink

You guys run a great site, but injecting politics is not a good business decision. I GARONTEEE that at least 75% of your traffic doesn’t support socialism, state sponsored health care, a growing dependent class (to maintain a constituency), gun control, class warfare, a biased media, penalizing success with a graduated tax structure, labor unions, big government, a soon to be 16 trillion dollar debt, ERIC HOLDER’s Fast & Furious Operation, high unemployment, increased federal regulation, the green movement, anti-coal, and on and on and on. You’ve got it wrong Statist…stick to sports.

The Tea Party cherishes the Constitution and individual freedoms.

43. playersfan
    7:41 am May 4, 2012 Permalink

I think UK fans are winners in terminating Indiana from schedule. Crean is a jerk, the Indiana fans are jerks, and as best I can remember they only hire jerks as coaches, Knight, Davis, texting king, and now Crean who says quote don’t let any UK fans in the arena. Good riddance before someone gets hurt bad.

44. kk
    8:15 am May 4, 2012 Permalink

What does the Tea Pary Mentality (standing up against irresponsible politicians who run up extreme debt with no intention of ever paying it off, dooming their kids and grandkids to a third-world lifestyle) have to do with basketball?

45. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    8:16 am May 4, 2012 Permalink

IU, even when back, has no cool factor. It’s like playing the white cop from “Sanford and Son”. Where’s the recruiting advantage in playing that guy?

46. Ronjo
    11:28 am May 4, 2012 Permalink

The Tea Party stands for making intelligent decisions about spending, not just borrowing trillions from our children and worrying about it later. You’re a bunch of snotty nosed kids who’ve never had a real job. Just like half the people who vote Democratic.

47. Blueneck
    12:26 pm May 4, 2012 Permalink

No mention of Fridays CJ article that places all blame for ending IU-UK series squarely on Cal….