Aaron’s UK Basketball Blog’s Article Links

If you enjoy reading articles about the UK men’s basketball team, please visit my webpage at http://kybasketball.blogspot.com.  You can also follow my webpage on Twitter. My webpage has been around for several years and I update it several times per day so UK basketball fans have access to the best and most recent articles about the team.

Now, The Article Links-

miller2

Darius Miller has come on during the stretch run of the New Orleans Hornets’ season

ESPN recruiting director Paul Biancardi says the best scoring guard without a doubt is Andrew Harrison

John Wall has been critical to Washington’s resurgence

John Wall is gracing the cover of D.C. Modern Luxury’s latest issue

Antoine Poythress got conflicting information on his son’s draft status

Article written by AaronsUKBasketballBlog

11 Comments for Aaron’s UK Basketball Blog’s Article Links

1. Al's IndiCats
    7:08 pm April 4, 2013 Permalink

Is it just me or does anyone else think this basketball season/winter has lasted 17 years? Damn it has been the longest season I can remember!…..#GowhoeveraslongasitisntUvel

2. Bunny
    7:13 pm April 4, 2013 Permalink

Poythress made a wise decision – and it couldn’t have been as difficult as the Dad says.

For anybody who even casually watched him this past season, you can tell he’s clearly NOT ready for the next level.

He may not be ready this time next year either because he must now bring it every day or sit by Cal watching Julius Randle perform.

The best of luck to you Alex and welcome back!

3. Wildcatsteeler
    7:28 pm April 4, 2013 Permalink

I think Poythress made a mistake coming back. Even if he improves, next years draft is going to be far more loaded with talent. He’ll still go late first round at best. He can develop just as well in the D league and make money doing it. If he improves dramatically and we win a Championship of course it was worth coming back. But given his motor and effort I don’t see it happening. His playing time will be half what it was this season because Randle is a workhorse. He’s going to get a lot of minutes.

4. Rae
    7:52 pm April 4, 2013 Permalink

Larry Vaught has me confused. He said Andrew played with his twin brother Andrew. Which Harrison is the article supposed to be about?

5. Al's IndiCats
    8:10 pm April 4, 2013 Permalink

Listen God love the kid, I hated to see this happen to Ware, but I’ve coached under 13 soccer for 20 years….I’ve seen this happen 3 times, but Oprah didn’t call, The president didn’t either. And these kids didn’t go on the David Lettermen show Enough is enough……

6. Al's IndiCats
    8:14 pm April 4, 2013 Permalink

I do wonder something…..Does Uvel get a stipend off of Lettermen like they do the Yum center everytime a concert is played there?….

7. Miley
    8:18 pm April 4, 2013 Permalink

I think Poythress’s father seems very well spoken. Who cares if Alex is here the next three years? What’s it going to hurt for him to play against very good potential pro’s and compete in the NCAAs every year? Not to sound like Oldschool but I hate that there is so much emphasis on “being drafted”. Soooo many good players ‘declare’ for the draft every year. Just chill out and learn a little. I know I certainly wasn’t mature enough at 17, 18, 19 to want to go work in such a competitive professional environment. Remember the nbA is cutthroat because it’s all about the Benjamin’s and marketing to increase fandom and this revenue. If you get drafted and don’t do well or are not as competent as they expect they send you down into the d-league where you either wilt, give-up, become a bargaining piece in a multi player deal, get better and make a team, or shop yourself around to a team with weaknesses. Its insanity. If you’re over the age of 24 or work in a professional environment with tenured employees or great competition and performance evaluations, ask yourself this…could an 18 year old kid join your company and outperform you or be able to handle everything? Didn’t think so. Sorry I’m stoned! Just ramblin

8. Pro Scout
    8:24 pm April 4, 2013 Permalink

From the Antonie Poythress article…

“The UK freshman had to rely on his “gut and heart” to make a life-changing choice on his own.”

No wonder it took him so longer than the other players to make a decision.

9. Kevin B
    9:14 pm April 4, 2013 Permalink

The Harrison article is supposed to be about Aaron, not Andrew.

10. Kevin B
    9:16 pm April 4, 2013 Permalink

Oops, he was talking about Andrew…my bad. That is surprising.

11. Jeffrey
    11:33 pm April 4, 2013 Permalink

Uhhh… Andrew Harrison is the PG, Aaron Harrison is the SG…