Aaron’s UK Basketball Blog’s Article Links

If you enjoy reading articles about the UK men’s basketball team, please visit my webpage at http://kybasketball.blogspot.com.  You can also follow my webpage on Twitter. My webpage has been around for several years and I update it several times per day so UK basketball fans have access to the best and most recent articles about the team.

Now, The Article Links-

The Wildcats will have to show they can play tournament-quality basketball without Nerlens Noel

Without Nerlens Noel, Kentucky has an uphill climb to reach the NCAA tournament

This will be another teaching moment for Calipari as the team moves forward not knowing whether Nerlens Noel will be back in the near future

Nerlens Noel’s NBA draft status now remains uncertain

Multiple NBA sources told CBSSports.com that Nerlens Noel could drop a couple of spots in the draft, but that he’ll likely fall no lower than fifth

It’s a matter of the Mavs’ front office figuring out how to get DeMarcus Cousins to Dallas

Article written by AaronsUKBasketballBlog

24 Comments for Aaron’s UK Basketball Blog’s Article Links

1. Like Oil and Water
    7:06 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

A white, conservative Texan and a DeMarcus Cousins who is not getting calls won’t mix well.

2. Like Oil and Water
    7:07 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

But he did grow up in Alabama, so he probably can handle it.

3. ruppstattoostand
    7:12 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

What person would you rather have cheering you on than a person like Nerlenes Noel?

4. snoopaloop
    7:26 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

I know that the NBA draft and drafts in general are a crap shoot, but what GM is going to risk a top 10 pick on damaged goods? We can all speculate about recovery rates and production of players post surgery but to actually draft somebody who is going to cross the stage on crutches seems like the biggest risk ever. I can’t recall any player, let alone a top 10 or lottery pick, getting drafted in the midst of recovering from a major injury like this

5. Areyoukiddingme
    7:31 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

Kenyan Martin had a severe leg injury in his conference tournament and still was picked #1

6. Mike
    7:32 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

4) um… Derrick Anderson?

7. tdogg40330
    7:32 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

4) Kenyon Martin broke his leg in the NCAA tourney and was the #1 pick that season

8. tdogg40330
    7:35 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

5) you’re right, it was the conference tourney …. still really late into the season

9. snoopaloop
    7:41 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

5,7) I look at a broken leg differently than a ligament. However, I skipped over him. That’s what I get for eliminating Cincinnati sports from all existence.

6) Okay, and? I would say he had an underwhelming career for being the 13th pick. And save me the “he was a NBA champion.” He played 23 games for the Heat.

10. Marvb
    7:46 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

Thoughts and prayers go out to Nerlens. What a great kid. I actually got to Rupp this year, the loss to Tex A&M. It’s the only UK game I’ve ever been to. Nerlens is a class act. I was worried about him getting hurt because he played too hard. I just want the Big Blue Nation to pray for Nerlens. I hate to say it but it almost seems like all this is meant to be. Hats off to Nerlens for being the great human being that he is. Nerlens will be fine when it is all said and done. Remember the High Top Fade, this guys going in the history books. Prayers for Nerlens and God bless Big Blue Nation.

11. chokecal
    7:55 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

I have three letters for the BBN…N.I.T! lol

12. Jpo
    8:01 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

11. Omg lol!!!

13. sammyP
    8:02 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

Hopefully the kids will rally around nerlens and play inspired ball.

14. You Are Hilarious
    8:03 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

#11-Have you thought of becoming a professional comic? By your post, you are creative, original, and just plain hilarious. I see a big future for you. You may even be able to move out from under the rock where you currently reside.

15. Mke
    8:03 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

There is no way these surviving BB players can play tourney qualifying basketball. They are too soft, too timid, and either too unispired, or too selfish. There is a large body of evidence that we have already witnessed. Stokes is going to kill us this weekend. TG we don’t have to play Miami because, in my opinion, they are the best team out there. Very disappointed that Cal hasn’t inspired these guys to play a tougher, better brand of BB for this point in the season….tired of hearing all the excuses about youth and psycho babble to get them to buy in.

16. CARDS Fan
    8:07 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

Haven’t had a chance to get on here in a while. I like to come here and stir some stuff up sometimes because, c’mon, it’s a rivalry and it’s fun.

Just wanted to say that I wish Noel a speedy recovery and a long, successful career. From everything I can tell, he is a humble, hard working guy that deserves everything good that comes his way.

Now everyone can go back to calling me a Tard. 🙂

17. Thanks
    8:09 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

#16-Appreciate your comments…

18. Jim Bob Clodhopper
    8:12 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

With all these teaching moments, this should be the most educated team we’ve had.

19. Adam
    8:13 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

Sometimes when I see post from crazy people it embarrasses me as a UK fan these guys work their a** off and #15 cal works his tail off everyday to many people expect way to much I’m glad we have the players we do I enjoy watching them every game with or without NN I mean we could still have billy Clyde HMM!!! Have faith and just enjoy while they are here

20. you don't know anything Snoop
    8:14 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

9)Snooploop- Do you even watch the nba??? If you don’t, you shouldn’t open your mouth when you have no knowledge. If you do watch the nba…well lets just figure you don’t…and that you prefer just to speak out of your behind. Derek Anderson played more than 600 games in the Association, almost 400 as a starter. About 12 points per game and roughly 60 million dollars in the bank (over ELEVEN seasons). Your spot on…a real ‘underwhelming’ career. (And most prognosticators still have Nerlens in the Top 5 because he’d be ready by February and have 3.5 years on a rookie contract.) Stick to college hoops boss.

21. Areyoukiddingme
    8:15 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

It being a weak draft this year definitely helps and with the talent in the 13 class he would need to dominate which would be near impossible that soon after an ACL tear. I think 1 of the teams with 1-5 picks would take him based on his potential with a full recovery.

22. Marvb
    9:08 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

I want to thank #20 here. Also #16, #17, #14, props to you guys. There are a bunch of freaking idiots on here! Big Blue Nation. You’re either in or out, if you’re out then Get the you know what out.

23. Conspiracy Theorist
    9:13 pm February 13, 2013 Permalink

After reviewing the video of Nerlen’s injury, I just can’t understand why the basket support at the Oconnell center is so close to the floor. According to NCAA rules on court markings, the support should be 6 feet beyond the baseline. Could Florida have violated NCAA rules? Would Nerlens be injured today?

24. sean