Aaron Harrison Sr. denies Big Blue Madness report

The Harrison twins to Big Blue Madness? Not so fast.

The Herald-Leader spoke with Aaron Harrison Sr. this morning and he said, “We haven’t talked about Madness.”

Apparently, KentuckyScout.com’s report last night wasn’t exactly true. When talking to his father about it, Aaron Harrison Jr. denied committing to a visit to Kentucky on October 12 in his interview with the site.

“I don’t know what they’re talking about,” he said.

It’s the second time in 24 hours that the twins’ father has come out and refuted a story.

Article written by Drew Franklin

45 Comments for Aaron Harrison Sr. denies Big Blue Madness report

1. wt, dad
    11:08 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

Can someone tell me why the hell the Harrison’s dad is soooo overly involved with their recruiting? I understand the Maryland alumni appeal, but why is he in such immediate contact with the media? You don;t see these types of interviews happening with Mrs. Randle or Mr. Wiggins.

2. jasonc
    11:10 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

why would someone care so much about the false reports to come out and negate each one so quickly, makes you think how much influence he has and who is influencing him. Sounds like some shopping may be happeneing.

3. I'mTheDaddy
    11:13 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

Just an FYI for those who are not aware. Both of the Harrison twins were at madness last year.

4. Jason
    11:14 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

1- Aaron Harrison Sr wants his sons to play for Maryland that’s way.

5. schwing
    11:14 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

this guy is a problem.

6. Jason
    11:14 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

I mean why

7. James K
    11:16 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

Their dad is BEGGING to be made fun of, but I would worry about Kentucky fans pissing them off.

News Report: It’s been reported that Aaron Harrison prefers low cut socks to crew socks.
    Harrison Sr.: I don’t know where you heard that. I don’t know what you’re talking about. The only people that discuss Andr–I mean Aaron’s socks are myself, their grandparents and my sons. Definitely not that Zagoria guy, either.

8. The Oval Office
    11:17 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

John Calipari put Josh Harrellson in the NBA.

That being said, I’m starting to not really want these kids. Calipari could take less talent and put it w/a Randle and/or Wiggins and make it happen. NOT saying I don’t want these kids but the more the father is involved and all the reports of this/that……..i’m starting to want a different PG and SG.

9. kylady
    11:17 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

I agree with Matt…….the fathers of these kids need to advise only, and, NOT try to live through their children.

10. Downcline
    11:18 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

A parent involved with their kids’ future…yeah, that’s a terrible thing.

11. Comical
    11:23 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

7) hahahahahhahaha
    Seems like their father is missing his old days and is just trying to steal their enjoyment of recruiting

12. wildcat502
    11:24 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

It makes you wonder if dad just likes the attention that the kids are bringing him

13. JokerForever!
    11:24 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

How horrible….a Father taking interest in his Sons well being….just horrible. Doesn’t he know Rubes in Trailers in Hollars know what best,not their PARENTS??????

14. SeoulCat
    11:25 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

#10, yeah, it is, actually. Especially when the parent’s desires for his kids’ futures trumps the desires of the kids themselves. Kids need to be allowed to decide for themselves what they need in life and not have some soccer mom or AAU dad try to arrange and structure everything. Leave them alone and let them figure things out for themselves.

15. slojoe
    11:27 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

Are these drama? I’m starting to think they may be drama

16. jq
    11:32 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

Sounds alot like “wannabe” journalist. i.e., KSR

17. GetAnEducation
    11:34 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

13 Here’s a free tip just for you: making fun of people is much more effective when you don’t sound dumber than those you are making fun of. Good grief, did you drop out of 4th grade?

18. HackRichards
    11:35 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

I’m beginning to think we can win Number 10 without these two….or should I say Ms. Legion errrr Mr. Harrison.

19. UKBlue
    11:36 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

Someone is lying: Either these stupid reporters are trying to make a name for themselves trying to get a story or the father is spinning. I’m going with the stupid reporters.

20. Rambo
    11:38 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

Leave it up to the LHL to piss everybody off. Probable called him at 4:30 am asking all kinds of stupid questions about the twins committing to UK.

21. JerryTipton
    11:47 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

My mustache is telling my something is off here. Must investigate.

22. JerryTipton
    11:47 am September 24, 2012 Permalink

*me. Even I make mistakes sometimes, kiddos.

23. Jones Returns
    12:02 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Aaron Harrison talks Big Blue Madness

24. Jones Returns
    12:02 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Andrew Harrison talks Big Blue Madness

25. UK Fan In Louisville
    12:04 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Doesn’t the father have a job with Under Armour? And isn’t Maryland one of the signature Under Armour schools? Seems pretty simple to me if that’s the case.

26. AaronJ
    12:08 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

23|24 – Those are from last year lmao.

27. RIP Mel Turpin
    12:10 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

The reason KSR exists today is because all of us (yes, me included) are obsessed with everything UK. And the Harrison twins are no more drama than a dozen other recruits we’ve had since KSR. Remember Jai and Patrick?

Please don’t start picking on the father. You may be hurting our chances at the best players – specifically chosen by Cal. Please don’t second guess the best basketball coach in the world. Please enjoy yourselves while you obsess over UK sports. There is a line that would be better for all of us that you not cross when making comments about families nearing a decision.

Yes, Cal wants them. So we want them. Yes, Cal can handle the parents. So we don’t have to.

Be careful with the negativity aimed toward familia. The dad is, and should be, and deserves to be influential in his sons’ future.

28. bluefan
    12:17 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Count me in the camp that still wants them badly. I hope this is all on the media but maybe the dad should stop giving interviews. If the decision hasn’t been made, there’s no story.

29. uk4life
    12:33 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Sounds like xavier henry all over again.

30. AWAT
    12:38 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

If they come, GREAT! If they don’t, we will still win and Cal will put guys in the draft ahead of them!

31. Duke sucks
    12:45 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Well I’m sorry some are offended by a father being involved in his sons future. Why is he the one talking to the media? Have you herd some of the things teenage kids say that follow them for the rest of their life. PPat’s mom handled her sons recruitment the same way. I think that worked out. PPat was a wonderful kid and the program is better for having him.
    We are fans of UK. We love the program, but this man s a good father who is concerned about his childern’s future and people want to critize him for that? After seeing how involved he is makes me want them more. They probably are well behaved young men who will know how to carry themselves.
    Cal has told everyone that this program isn’t for everyone. What is wrong will a family taking the time to make sure UK is for them. Their decision will shape the rest of their lives and could mean Millions.

32. kyrobman
    12:55 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

He doesn’t want them to go to UK for a simple reason! He would feel obligated to wear a UK shirt and appear to enjoy the whole UK experience for his sons. Imagine if you had a superstar kid that wanted to play bball for loserville. I know there is no way in this world you would see me in a UL shirt. I don’t dress that far down to change the oil in my cars.

33. enes
    1:11 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Sounds like dad may be too much for the Cats. My first clue was when he said HE changed their phone numbers.

34. Big O
    1:30 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Says here Daddy will make the final decision! The front of letting his sons decide is about as false as the reports he is so eager to deny! Maybe he knows Alex Legion’s mom lol

35. CatSinceBirth
    1:36 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Mr. Harrison, you’re handling your son’s just as you should. They are YOUR underage children and they need guidance, and it’s the parents job to give it. I only hope people on here don’t run them off.

36. tennessee wildcat
    1:36 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

I hope we have some really good options in case they go to Maryland. I still feel confident about the Cats. Why wouldn’t I?

37. Gayle Wilson
    1:52 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Why don’t you guys stop talking about it for a day or two and let the poor boys figure out what they want to do.

38. AminuTimberlake'sNanny
    1:59 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

any news on patterson and lucas?

39. What it is
    2:03 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Geez, this Harrison guy is nuts. I never hold up for “journalists” these days, but daddy Harrison is coming off like a contrarion. Adam Zagoria, I have always found, is very reliable with his info. Then, one day later, daddy Harrison has yet ANOTHER issue with being misquoted?

40. Jus Sayin
    2:16 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

I got a great idea… Lets talk about a pair of coveted recruits dad in the comment section of a blog they probably read.

41. Bluecat
    2:17 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Big Blue Madness is seen as a “deal closer” by many associated with the BBN program. From where i sit, Daddy
    refutting two stories regarding his sons in twenty-four hours does not bode well for us. Inspite of pressure from within sources to push
    the twins towards the blue. Contrary
    results are beginning to surface inspite of our wooing tactics. Makes
    you wonder what Maryland is dangling in front of Daddy?.

42. Linda Taylor
    4:34 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

I hope Mr. Harrison realizes how much more TV exposure his boys will get by coming to KY and how that will later translate into better contracts in the NBA and for promotions. Maryland will never get the air time UNC and Duke get in the ACC. That pecking order is well established as is UK’s in the SEC.
    41 – Can you say Under Armour? That is what worries me, the UM/Under Armour connection. In addition to the father’s connection to the program and Turgeon and family ties in MD I worry about a secret deal by Under Armour being put in place for the twins to represent the company after their one and done year in college.

43. 3cats
    4:58 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

I with #8.. They seem to be playing this. Just man up and stay with your choice go to Maryland for Sadness, these guys are not going to be team players anyway. They have the all about me thing going on. Come to UK great go to Maryland fine.

44. james young
    6:40 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

The video someone linked on here to watch the harrison’s announce they are going to big blue madness.. is dated oct 8th 2011, the harrisons attended madness last year check the dates on the video please.. they aren’t coming this year because they are going to maryland.. Also they are playing in a tournament in december in marshall county kentucky.. they are announcing where they are going in october.. so relax their ours why would they announce they are going to maryland and then come and play in front of kentucky fans and coach cal and antigua who i know for a fact are gonna be there.. so relax everybody let em go i know they will end up at kentucky..

45. Kyle
    6:42 pm September 24, 2012 Permalink

Everybody keeps saying under armour this and that but they still can get a contract with them even if they come to Kentucky. It’s like John wall being picked by Reebok