Aaron Gordon Will Visit Next Weekend

aaron

Aaron Gordon has decided that he wants to see how things roll in Lexington as he confirmed today, that he will visit Lexington on November 10-11 for an official visit. Gordon is one of UK’s two remaining PF recruits (joining Julius Randle) and is an explosive, powerful player that can remind one of Blake Griffin. It was assumed that he was unlikely to leave the West Coast, but this summer Calipari made his moves and now the Top 10 player is considering the Cats. The visit in two weeks will say a lot about his future and whether he will be part of what is still potentially the greatest class in UK history.

Article written by Matt Jones

29 Comments for Aaron Gordon Will Visit Next Weekend

1. Kevin
    6:02 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

I guess we take him over Randle if he wants to commit first. Go for the sure thing.

2. BCG
    6:04 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

What? When is Conner Tucker going to play? That class was great! Trick or treat!

3. IntheKnow
    6:05 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Gordon will be BETTER than Randle. He is an insane athlete and really is only #2 to Wiggins. He will be special and a sure fire one and done. Why not play for a title that year? Won’t happen at a PAC12 school. So Aaron….COME ON DOWN MY BROTHER! 🙂

4. Capt
    6:11 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Isn’t he short for the PF spot?

5. woody's barber
    6:13 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

More athletic than randle. He can shoot it too. He seems like an up tempo guy that would fit in nice with the twins. Get Wiggins on board please!

6. stone cold willard
    6:18 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Gordon is Blake griffin with a better shot and better handles.

7. 5more
    6:25 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Gordon is the real deal.

8. SexnNursinHomes
    6:31 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

1- Kevin I agree. When you’re suckin on tits, does it matter which tit you’re suckin on? I’m good with either or both. Both would be nice (Randle and Gordon).

9. TampaCat
    6:38 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Get Gordon and Wiggins…. Cal will get his 40-0 season and retire!

10. I Say
    6:43 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Lol you just compared two 18 year old kids to tities

11. nassau65
    6:52 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

GoGaytors to say he won’t be a Cat in 3,,,,,2,,,,,1,,,,,.

12. UK
    6:57 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

9) we don’t want Cal retiring any time soon…he’ll want to pass UCLA after that

13. goGaytors
    7:01 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Call me crazy but I think Cal is realistically going for Wiggins Randle and Gordon all to add to the twins. He might just do it. we might not have anyone returning except hood and polson so its probably a good thing.

14. goGaytors
    7:03 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

think about marcus lee and james freaking young off the bench to those frosh starters, and ky boys willis hood and polson to provide roster cushion

15. eric
    7:07 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Dont get too crazy guys, Gordon is a freak athlete and a stud player, but don’t forget how big and powerful Randle is. Obviously both are really good and we would be happy to get either one of them, but I think Randle is still the more dominant player. (This is just me judging from mix tapes and what I’ve heard though, never seen them play in person)

16. MEEKS FOR 33333333333333333333
    7:07 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Does anyone know of a live stream where we can watch the SA-NO game? I really wanna see Miller and Davis..

17. DAVIS FOR LOBBBBBB
    7:14 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

@16 – google “first row sports stream”. the website that comes up has never failed me

18. Kyle
    7:18 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

I think the game is on TNT

19. Duke Sucks
    7:33 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

I think we get 1 of Randle, Wiggins, and Gordon. No way we get all 3 really don’t think we will get 2 of them. However Cal is the man so anything is possible in recruiting. Only 1 man ever walked on water, but I think Cal could take a step though.

20. Will Totten
    7:43 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

For those of you with a keen interest in watching the ‘Cats in the NBA this year, I would definitely recommend forking over the money for the NBATV channel. I’ve been able to watch tons of Summer League and Preseason games so far and they’re showing the Hornets-Spurs game at 8 o’clock.

21. bosshogg24
    7:44 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

We will get 2 of the 3, write it down!

22. Stone cold whitlow
    7:56 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Just get off your cheap ass and activate your digital box and get nba tv it’s only a one time fee if 10 bucks

23. UKBlue1!
    9:30 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Wiggins and any combo of Gordon or Randall and Cal will hang another banner.

24. Nashvillain
    9:58 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

We already have 3 Top 5 recruits according to ESPN and another top 20 recruit with Marcus Lee and here we are hoping that we land 1 or 2 or even 3 more Top 5 recruits for the same class!?!!? How insane is that? And we will be disappointed if we dont end up with any of them, yet we will still have the #1 class in the nation. Man, we’ve come so far since this the Billy G years. This feels so good. I’d love to see Wiggins come on board, anything after him is just icing on the cake, but I’m not sure all these players would want to come to such a packed house because there has to be bench time for a few of these 5 star recruits.

25. Raymond White
    10:28 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Gordon is a very good player-run,jump and shoot one of the best players I have seen,if he can pass too(share),WOW what a player! Hope he likes his visit.

26. Kenny Power's Agent
    10:40 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

Gordon has unreal athleticism. I would really like to see this kid in blue/white. He has mad hops and personally, I don’t think we’ll land both him and Randle, but I think Gordon is better suited for our style of play. West Coast isn’t a factor if Cal wants him bad enough. I hope it goes well, if you haven’t watched this kid’s highlight reel, do yourself a favor – it’s one of the best IMO. I’m with #8, I’ll take either tit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL-cZTPyX-8

27. RealCatsFan
    10:54 pm October 31, 2012 Permalink

#8, actually, the other night my wife asked my why I favor the left tit. I told her it was because I am just used to going to my right. I guess I’ll have to work on my moves going the other direction.

28. sifromduckdynasty
    1:13 am November 1, 2012 Permalink

Am I the only one who has thought of this:
    Not everyone from this starting 5 whatever that might be will be going to the draft next year. You can pretty much say Noel, Poythress, and maybe Cauley are going to the draft next year. So you have Goodwin, wiltjer, maybe cauley staying. Then you had the Harrison twins, Lee, Young, and Wilcox. So we might have at least 4 guys coming back from this year plus the commitments we already have and we might have Randle, Wiggins, or Parker?! Is this a dream?! I think we just won the lottery! BBN!

29. Horsepower
    1:19 am November 1, 2012 Permalink

I hope we get this guy. The way Gordon slams it down hard will get the crowd going like Wall used to do.