Aaron Gordon will announce his college decision on Tuesday

aarongordon

Aaron Gordon is one of Kentucky’s remaining targets in the 2013 class, and tomorrow afternoon, we’ll know his decision. Gordon will announce which college he’ll attend at 12:35 p.m. ET on Tuesday during McDonald’s All-American Media Day. He’s down to Arizona, Washington, Oregon and Kentucky.

According to Evan Daniels, Gordon has known where he’ll go for four to five weeks and the decision “shocked” his parents. Many think Gordon will choose to stay on the West Coast in order to be closer to his family, but with Cal, you never know.

Let’s enjoy his mixtape one more time:

44 Comments for Aaron Gordon will announce his college decision on Tuesday

1. Kelkat
    11:03 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Come on down….

G0 Cats !!!

2. Cholmes
    11:06 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

3. Cholmes
    11:07 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

4. fatkidineastky
    11:09 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I would have fecal waste in my britches if he chose UK….I love his game style…ATTACK

5. Rockfield, KY
    11:11 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

If we get him it will be almost embarassing how much talent we have. Could be hillarious to watch them play other teams next year.

6. Your mom
    11:13 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Sick!

7. ShepKat
    11:14 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I’m hoping UK – but feel Oregon…

8. Cholmes
    11:18 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Does that mean he’s not staying on the west coast since it shocked his parents????

9. Fancoulo
    11:18 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

It would be great to get him, but wiggins is the main focus.

10. Rex
    11:19 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I’m sorry. But there is no way he chooses Kentucky. Would love to have him. But not happening.

11. DLN
    11:19 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Would be surprised yet not surprised of he comes to UK. Now lets say he comes here, AND we get Wiggins. Look at this:

1. WCS
    2. Goodwin
    3. Poythress
    4. Wiltjer
    5. Randle
    6. Harrison
    7. Harrison
    8. Johnson
    9. Lee
    10. Young
    11. Hawkins
    12. Gordon
    13. Wiggins

What. The. Blue. Hell.

That’s a recipe for utter destruction. That’s a doomsday device of a roster.

12. Limited-edition holographic flat-top
    11:19 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I’m feeling a Wiggins-UK lean already. But if Gordon picks UK I’d feel bad for the rest of the college basketball scene. Honestly. It would just be too much.

13. Cholmes
    11:19 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

How many times will i ask the same question?

14. UKBlue1!
    11:20 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Good luck.

15. Dunker
    11:21 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Shocked? Could it be my Racers from Murray State?

16. Trick Pitino
    11:21 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Tune in to KSR tomorrow when Matt reveals where Aaron Gordon is going to school! (Unless….Mitch and Cal pull Matt’s leash and tell him not to talk about it.)

17. Biglaw Dawgin'
    11:21 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I believe nothing I read on this site today. In fact, Aaron Gordan is probably actually leaning towards FGCU. Kentucky is likely not even an option. Thanks for ruining my trust, KSR.

18. InTheKnow
    11:21 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Cholmes, sounds like he’s NOT staying on the West Coast!!!

19. nothappening
    11:22 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

I wish it was, but it’s not. why would he come, now?

20. Trick Pitino
    11:23 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

17 = nailed it. Between this Harrow promise and the inflated evaluation of our football recruits, I have no clue what to believe from KSR.

21. The real Cholmes
    11:25 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Don’t you love when other people try to be you. Guess they are jealous 🙂
    I did not post 8 and 13.

22. Hmm
    11:28 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

He just ‘LOOKS’ like an Arizon player.

So I’ll say ‘Zona

23. The real Cholmchoder
    11:30 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Sources close to the Gordon camps says he’s a UK lock!

24. Wall2Cousins
    11:32 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

He probly found out where Wiggins is going and is gonna make his announcement tommorrow….funny how the dominos fall into place!!

25. Wall2Cousins
    11:34 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

11. you be a bit delusional if you think all them players are gonna stay cause Goodwin is going to NBA and Colly Stein is returning.

26. BBN
    11:35 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Just heard Archie Goodwin has entered the draft….

27. TMacFromNichVegas
    11:49 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

So we have 3 guards now?????? And will have 9 forwards?????? Will we have anyone that can hit an outside shot?

28. Tennessee Wildcat
    11:53 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

#11, We need to add in Willis and take out Goodwin now, as he has announced for draft. Wow, what a roster!

29. Earl
    11:56 am April 1, 2013 Permalink

Our family relocated from Atlanta to the San Jose area several years ago. I am an electrical engineer and was promoted then transferred to the area by my employer. My wife Frieda has become a very close friend of Aaron’s mother Shelley as they work together. We actually have visited the Gordon home on one occasion for a summer cookout. According to my wife, Aaron has chosen Oregon but it wasn’t such an easy decision as some may think. Calipari, Orlando & Kenny kept persuading him about Kentucky until the last day and at one point had the kid and his family very confused about what to do. I think there was a time when they almost got the kid to commit to UK. I grew up in Nicholasville and bleed blue as much as anyone. I would love to see the kid change his mind at the 11th hour and announce that he will be a CAT. Go Big Blue!

30. Tampa Satchel
    12:00 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Maybe he’s going to Wichita State. The shocking thing is that there is no state named Wichita.

31. BullittEast Charger
    12:05 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Aaron Gordon
    Air Jordon
    They kinda sound they same.

32. bosshog
    12:11 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

27, Yes, and we will be much better at it! Both Young and Aaron Harrison have range to 22ft., along with Wiltjer who is returning and will be much better in his role as a spot-up shooter surrounded by enormous athletic talent, as he was in 2011-12. We will be so unbelievably strong and solid down low that these guys will have open shots galore! KENTUCKY BASKETBALL NEVER STOPS! And next year is quickly shaping up to be the most exciting in our storied history. It is time to accept it and not look back….we’re going to kick the absolute shit out of everyone next year!

33. derp
    12:12 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

27… are you kidding me? Every single recruit we are getting has good to great shooting ability with the exception of Lee. Have you not watched any of their highlights or seen them play?

34. AussieBrett
    12:13 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

#27 we don’t need to hit an outside shot when we are dunking on everybody’s face!!!

35. statman
    12:24 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Can we start calling these things “mixvideos”? I’m sure half the people on the internet these days doesn’t even know what a tape cassette is.

36. Al's IndiCats
    12:29 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Other than Goowin not coming back this team could be labeled as “THE Team of Mass Destruction”
    They’d HAVE to have this disclaimer before every game….Warning what you are about to watch will most definately bring nightmares to teams on their schedule…..

37. ole josh
    12:33 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

I bet he picks Oregon which will be shocking because its not a blue blood. He isn’t coming here.

38. Earl !
    12:39 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

tell JT i said hi !

39. nerlensflattop
    12:48 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

i say he goes to washington or oregon. him and his parents loved UK, and even though it isn’t on the west coast it wouldn’t be so much of a shock if he went there. unless you count committing where Randle went to be a shock, I’d say he’s not going to UK or Arizona who are two big names in college basketball. i really have no idea though and i would love to see him commit to UK. get him, and Wiggins who I see leaning more towards UK everyday, HOLY SMOKES. i think Wiggins’s “moment of clarity” has come at the McDonalds All American game!

40. STEVE!
    2:04 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Where can we see or hear the announcement?

41. Hazard Kidd-Katt
    2:04 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE

42. Jon Hood??
    3:10 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

Sorry, but I need clarification– I thought Hood had 1 more year of eligibility. I believe I’ve read he is set to graduate but he could still play to round out 4 years of eligibility. I know he didn’t participate in senior day festivities so he’s technically still on the team. Does he lose his scholly?

43. Bobbum man
    3:38 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

29- sounds a lot like the “me and my wife took wiggins under our wing” story

44. Shawn
    4:29 pm April 1, 2013 Permalink

With Archie declaring we now have three open spots assuming Nerlens goes as well. Hawkins will take one, one could go to Wiggins and If he wanted Gordon can have the third. Not to mention If Alex leaves we would have another spot open. Doesnt look like Cal Is going to have that 15 man roster he wanted next year.