A video recap of UK’s National Signing Day

Article written by Drew Franklin

28 Comments for A video recap of UK’s National Signing Day

1. CATSCATSCATS
    8:34 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Stoops seems like a really nice guy and you can tell he loves what he is doing. Perfect fit for Kentucky.

2. OakStreet
    8:34 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Where’s the video?

3. jpgott2
    8:35 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Yep, I am excited to say the least!

4. yup
    8:40 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

CAN NOT WAIT!

a lot of people don’t like the premature excitement because he does need to deliver on the field. But i truly do think 20-30 years from now he will be talked about as the one who turned this thing around. Looking at his personality his attitude and charisma, don’t you dare bet against him.

5. Chitown Manny
    8:40 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

If this doesn’t fire you up, I don’t know what will. We will make a bowl game this year, make my words!

6. dto
    8:45 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

This gets me freaking pumped!!! Im ready to go!

7. hillbillyken
    8:47 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

How can you not be stoked bout this season. #stoopball

8. Sandy
    8:49 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Stooooooooooooooooooooooooops!

9. taylor uk
    8:51 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Stoooooooooops!

10. UKBlue1!
    8:55 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

#5 This not basketball. It will take a couple of recruiting classes to bring UK back to bowl elgibility. Joker ran the program into the ground. His recruiting classes stunk. If coach Stoops can win 4 or 5 games, he has done a great job.

11. MildCat54
    8:55 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Oh my…!!!!

Stoooppppsssssssssss! The way he talks, the way he holds himself, the standards he holds himself, his players, and us to. I am so much more excited about UK football than I ever thought I would be.

Also… whoever is running the show for the media group within the football program is ABSOLUTELY KILLING IT. I cannot believe how much everything has changed from a program exposure standpoint since Stoops came on board. It doesn’t feel at all the same in all the best kinds of ways. BRAVO!!!

12. white castle sliders
    9:02 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

That fired me up!!!! So much so that I had to watch the video 3 times!!!!! Can’ wait to get it going!!!

13. Lee Ho Fook
    9:04 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

my last game in commonwealth was the louisville game 2 years ago. i swore then that i wouldnt be back until the product on the field changed. i think it has ! im excited again. there is no reason we cant have a great basketball team and a good football team. appears we have 2 tireless coaches, and we are getting good players in both sports. #BBN #WeAreUK

14. Paducahfan
    9:05 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

I hope sometime we will hear the entire story of how he turned Hatcher.

15. Coach Jamin
    9:08 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Anybody else notice that Jason Hatcher’s name was put on the board at #14? Had he already faxed in his LOI and the one at the presser was just for show?

16. UK Fan #5
    9:11 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

First off, I can’t wait to see what he came do with a full season to recruit. Look at Ole Miss, their coach was using the same message, “come build something new”, he had 3 SEC wins his first year and his second recruiting class was 5th in the nation.

17. bankshot
    9:16 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Things are looking up Big Blue Nation! Really excited about the positive energy. Looking forward to watching some football in Commonwealth.

18. bbmike
    9:18 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

I think this is what it feels like to win lottery. Man I’m ready.

19. Drone Wars
    9:19 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Awesome Coach Stoops! We have got to get them boys a badass locker room like Alabama’s. The current one looks past its prime, to be nice.

20. Tp
    9:25 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, I see no video. Guess it doesn’t work on iPhones?

21. Mr. Wrestling II
    10:29 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Everything Stoops is doing, whether be on the recruiting trail or conveying a video message, he’s doing it the right way. Hard not to be jacked up for that day when they run out of the tunnel for the first time.

22. Uk
    10:31 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Interesting that Hatcher’s LOI came in before a few of the guys (or so it seemed). Probably explains why his name was slipped.

23. Frew Dranklin
    11:03 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

Let’s hope Stoops and crew hit the practice field the same way they hit the recruiting trail. Reality is, we can only judge on what we have seen so far and I think it is good. Good start so far.

24. 1catfan
    11:22 pm February 6, 2013 Permalink

I shouldn’t have watched this before trying to go to sleep. I’m too pumped now. Go Cats!

25. Sign Me Up
    1:43 am February 7, 2013 Permalink

This video gives me chills. No, the change won’t come overnight. But we have a good head coach who has assembled a top-flight staff who isn’t afraid to hit the recruiting trail hard. We have every right to be excited for the future. I think we’re ushering in a new era of Kentucky football where we line up every Saturday with the tools to make even the elite programs in the SEC earn their wins instead of marking Kentucky as an automatic W on their schedules.

STOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

26. AC
    1:59 am February 7, 2013 Permalink

I’m very conflicted. I’m a student manager with UKs baseball. Our season starts in 8 days and we’re going to have a really strong team again this year. BUT ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS FOOTBALL!!!!!!

27. Corey Davis
    7:34 am February 7, 2013 Permalink

Like Matt said, this video makes you a believer in the program. I can see by watching the video why we landed this recruiting class. Stoops comes off as genuine, inspiring, and makes you believe every word he’s saying. This will not be his last amazing class here.

28. Paginas Web para empresas
    11:05 am February 8, 2013 Permalink

I am now not positive the place you’re getting your information, however great topic. I must spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thank you for fantastic information I used to be in search of this information for my mission.