A Tribute to Marshall Henderson

ESPNU’s Unite put together this little tribute to Marshall Henderson, Ole Miss’ trash talking star who, between rants about “gettin paid,” claims he will return for another season.

While we’re at it, Deadspin’s Greg Howard has a good piece questioning the impact race has on the media and public’s reaction to Henderson. For instance, what makes it okay for the media to fawn over Henderson’s “moxy” and call players like DeMarcus Cousins thugs?

45 Comments for A Tribute to Marshall Henderson

1. Smart Person
    10:03 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

Please stop giving him attention.

2. Michael F. Jox
    10:06 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

Maybe KSR should take Demarcus out of the equation and ask yourselves that question.

3. ukfanaticat
    10:07 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

why why why

4. dave
    10:07 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

why cant you stop talking about this d-bag?

5. bobbbbo
    10:23 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

He reminds me of Jesse Pinkman on Breaking Bad. Does anyone watch that show?

6. Corey
    10:24 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

Holloway was clearly Ole Miss’ best player this year.

7. Eric K
    10:25 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

Why give this trash any attention? TRASH! GO CATS!!

8. Rich
    10:32 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

Bet he will look good in a pair of Wiggin’s nut goggles!

9. jus sayin
    10:39 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

I usually don’t go for these “if he were black things…” But if Marshall Henderson was black and he played for us, more people would hate on him. Especially the media. I mean think about it we got condemned for using 3 goggles. This guy ran around with flicking off the crowds and gator chomping after every victory and admits to doing drugs and cusses on twitter all the time.

10. Kevin C.
    10:47 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

Marshall Henderson will likely end up like a real-life Jesse Pinkman. Why is KSR giving this piece of trash so much love lately?

11. katzrjamers
    10:50 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

why do we care about an average skill level ball hog who plays for another team? i visit this site because i’m a KY fan and i’ve heard more than enough about mr. henderson.

12. Not racist
    10:53 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

I actually thought he was some kind of Hispanic and I still liked him.

13. Rob
    10:57 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

Since my simple opinion got deleted I’ll post it again….the article linked is garbage. Is that bad?

14. katzrjamers
    11:02 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

Rob @13 – i’ve several posts “awaiting moderation” and none of them ever passed ksr muster. does anyone know what the seven words you can’t say on krs are, or is that just a random thing?

15. The Bank is Open
    11:06 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

13 & 14) I hear you. Basically if you don’t agree with their politically correct beliefs then your comment gets deleted. Good thing this site is free.

16. katzrjamers
    11:16 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

#16 – i actually clicked one of those links. thank goodness for NoScript. should have known better based on your adverb challenged style. what part of gaza strip r u from?

17. KcMunk
    11:21 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

It’s Andy Kennedy. Not the fact that Marshall is white. If Rashaad Carruth played for Ole Miss Andy would take care of him. The man needs his job, gotta love him for it.

18. KcMunk
    11:24 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

For those of you complaining about your post being deleted… Go look in the mirror. You may see Marshall Henderson… Yeah. You still don’t get it.

19. Steven hopple
    11:34 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

#18 your tears are delicious

20. Everybody I agree
    11:41 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

This is the only time I wanted an SEC school to lose in the NCAA. Can’t stand his lack of respect for the conference and the teams who are a part of the SEC. He’s an embarrassment. I want UK news….I wouldn’t mind a little more FGSU! Go Julius Randle!

21. Ashland
    11:56 pm March 27, 2013 Permalink

Hahaha, what a character. I enjoy this dude. A little cocaine and the occasional fat girl never hurt ayone in college. Did it?

22. Ohiocatfan
    12:05 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

Why is KSR so obsessed with this guy? Last I checked he didn’t wear Blue.

23. Philly Cheez
    1:46 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

Why does EVERYTHING have to be a racial issue these days?? No one wants read the trash article you raved about…surprised it’s not from the liberal rag we know as The Courier Journal.

24. Cameron
    2:25 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

@23
    Because it’s an issue of racial inequality…therefore, it is being brought up. Check Bomani Jones’ twitter timeline, he brought it up to his followers last week and the dialogue was quite interesting. You can’t sit here and tell me if he had a little melanin in him, his situation would not made as light as it has been by a lot of people..

25. Rae
    2:30 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

This seems like a parody. Seriously, glorifying “#whitegirlwednesday?”

26. Rene
    2:42 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

I loved him. It was fun like FGCA. Hope we see him next year with the same. Go Marshall & Co…

27. fireants25
    7:34 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

that wigg vid is indeed grown *** man material…wow hope we gwt him..everything looks so easy for him and he jumps out the gym..world class abilities right there.

28. playersfan
    7:37 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

Why does race have to come into every word people say or write. I thought Obama was going to unite the races, I thought MLK wanted a day skin color didn’t matter, but character.

29. oldschool
    7:46 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

Idiots, jerks, and bigots come in all colors and shades. Never judge any by the color of their skin. This guy is extremely immature and craving attention – and is getting the wrong kind of it. But he’s eating it up and it just fuels more irresponsible behavor.

30. Bubba Earl
    8:09 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

He’s a “Cracka Thug”

31. C'mon
    8:16 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

If a black player cussed a people on twitter… flicked off an entire crowd…told reporters he was “tired of doin this for free”…purposely disrespected the refs…and openly talked about doing drugs, he would be ran out of town. ESPECIALLY if that town was Oxford, MS.

32. Damarcus Cousins
    8:20 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

We all know I would have been suspended way before I did any of the crap he’s pulling. I wouldn’t get an ESPN special, and they wouldn’t call by bad attitude “moxy” or “swagger”

33. Doron Lamb
    8:22 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

ESPN said we were in poor taste for doing 3 goggles. He gave the crowd the finger.

34. CATS
    9:06 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

Toolbag… Fun to watch him lose though

35. UKfanNKY
    9:28 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

Yeah he may be a punk and I really don’t like the thumb to the head with the hand shaking BUT he is entertaining and a pretty damn good shooter! Believe it or not he is a UK Fan as well!!!

36. Interesting
    9:36 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

I thought he told Ryan Harrow to get in the back of the bus. Why is this on here. He degraded one of us.

37. CATS
    9:57 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

36.) He is a terrible shooter. Do you not watch the games. His shooting percentage is abysmal. If you shoot thrity time you are bound to score 25.

38. Man Crush
    9:58 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

The last time I checked this guy doesn’t play for UK. Why does he get so much coverage on a UK website? Guy is a total D-bag, talked racist crap to our player (although a fake account), and is probably a certifiable lunactic yet I can’t get on this website without seeing his stupid face. Get back to UK Sports and away from D-bags, the Bachelor, and Politics!

39. Lloyd Braun
    10:04 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

If your first response is “why does it have to be about race” you are clearly a white person who has problems recognizing real issues that exist between races and how they are portrayed. That Deadspin article was spot-on, and if it bothers you, you should probably take a look in the mirror.

40. Boogie Nights
    10:11 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

If Henderson was here right now i would hold him down and teabag him

41. El Guapo
    10:16 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

Because if he were black and talked trash like he does then he’d be JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER BLACK NBA STAR OUT THERE, period. He’s a white guy who acts like a black guy, and that’s why it makes people uncomfortable. You want your white guys like Polson and Hood, making cheeky music videos and being polite and quiet. This one isn’t. This one was raised in the rap culture, and it shows.

42. Big Blue Fan
    10:53 am March 28, 2013 Permalink

The guy who needs 15 shots to score 20 points. He isn’t that good just a gun who shoots for a low FG and 3pt FG %. ranking him 100+ in FG % and 67 in 3point fg% for guards. 1 assist and 2 TO per game. Overrated and crappy attitude. He will never have a basketball career outside of college. He might play overseas for a few years and get in trouble for his bad attitude or in jail.

43. UKfanKathy
    2:01 pm March 28, 2013 Permalink

This poor excuse for a human being is a disgrace. I can’t believe his coach allows it. He, too, must be hungry for attention. Very sad indeed. He sickens me.

44. Garmaster
    4:09 pm March 29, 2013 Permalink

I don’t think he’s a “white guy”, I believe he’s a Native American guy.