A Cool Story Of Peyton Siva And His Dad…

The Louisville basketball team is a little bit of a mess right now and no one seems more out of sorts than point guard Peyton Siva, who not long ago was possibly the smiliest player in all of college basketball.  But things have started to fall apart and, blah, blah, blah….this isn’t Louisville Sports Radio.  I get that.

But I watched this video this morning on CBSSports.com about Siva and his relationship with the giant man always screaming at the Yum! Center.  The story about Peyton Siva Jr. and Sr. has nothing to do with the University of Kentucky, but it has a lot to do with fathers and sons and the importance of family during life’s toughest times.  And I think we can all relate to that.

Article written by Thomas Beisner

59 Comments for A Cool Story Of Peyton Siva And His Dad…

1. mocha
    10:22 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Well done, very nice post. Doesn’t matter if it’s UL or not, this goes beyond that.

2. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
    10:22 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Are you kidding me? What the F is going on?!?! Is this a joke? How about a nice biopic on the Plumlee brothers?? Hmmm? Maybe a story on Tony Harris? Beisner needs his right to post revoked for this absurdity. I wont be back on KSR until enough time has passed that this vomit has moved down far enough on the page so that I dont have to see it.

3. KY Fan
    10:23 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Good story…I think it is crazy to see where some of the guys come from and how they are making it work (even if they are from little brother). Most of us don’t know that kind of life.

4. C'mon
    10:26 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Glad to see the worst of the worst are out tonight.

5. Ron
    10:27 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Beisner,

ignore these comments. This is a great story, whether it’s U of L’s story or not. Don’t quit blogging because of douche trolls.

6. slim
    10:28 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Great post. I still hate Louisville Basketball….but as much as I hate to admit it, this years group is the most unhateble bunch I think I have seen at UofL (with one HUGE exception. Pitino!). I hear Siva is a really good kid.

7. the dude
    10:37 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

good story!Yea yea its a UL plsyer but get over it! Its beyond the rivalry! I can hate them on the court but won’t hate them as a person, I’ve never met! Nor should u. GO CATS

8. Wow
    10:41 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

There are a couple pathetic losers posting in this thread. There is more to life than basketball. Siva is a very good kid. It’s a nice story. Wish some of our mouth breathing fans would get a life.

9. bigcuz
    10:41 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Beisner,
    this is a great story! I might not like UofL but I have much respect to there players and especially Siva, the way he carries himself, he seems like a good guy. I wish the best of luck to his family and if you think this post is whack, then you need to check your own life out and self examine yourself because your seriously messed up. So how about you put your pride down and stop acting big and bad and actually show a little bit of heart. Thanks for this GREAT post Beisner!

10. EverytimeItIsTheFewThatRuinItForTheMany
    10:42 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

1,2,4,9 stop it. You’re ignorant and you make UK fans look bad. Nice post Beisner. Keep it up.

11. bigcuz
    10:42 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

4 KSR could careless if you read there site again….they don’t want you to read there website with comments like that.

12. Idiot Unemployed People
    10:43 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Great story. The pricks that post bad things about this story either don’t have a job, can’t spell, don’t know the alphabet or all of the above.Great story, wish their were more stories like this on here. Cards suck, Go Blue. Until we win 8.

13. bigcuz
    10:43 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

11….9 is supporting the post….re read what he/she said

14. bigcuz
    10:44 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

10 my bad not 11, thats me

15. bigcuz
    10:45 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

its not 8 not 9 my bad again

16. Ali
    10:46 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Excellent post, makes you stop and think about how we shouldn’t really judge or hate others just because they play ball for an opposing school.

17. Off Topic
    10:50 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Off Topic:

I’ve been slammed everytime I say Derek Willis is overrated. I watched him play in person for the fourth time tonight against Spencer County. He had 2 points in the first half. Spencer County has no inside game and has a losing record. Rusty Troutman outplayed him once again.

I guess I’m just a schmuck, because I don’t see it. He would ride the pine at UK, uofl, purdue and IU.

He had 4 points in a game last week.

18. Yo
    10:50 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Met Siva in the mall one time in Louisville. I told him I was UK fan and he was very nice. Even if from U of L its great to see someone make it out of a situation like that.

19. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!
    10:50 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

hold up. I dont hate anyone. But, I dont understand why KSR is posting this. I am sure Tyler Hansborough could be seen in a good light too, and Matt Walsh, and J. Noah, etc. Why are we directed to this on KENTUCKY sports radio? How about some Murray State kid, etc.

The point is there are 500 great stories in the NCAA this year, why is dude posting THIS?

20. Drop Dead
    10:53 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

19) Kill yourself queer.

21. UK Fan that goes to UL
    10:54 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

That’s easy to answer. The Kid plays for a School that is IN KENTUCKY! 1/3 of the name of this website involves the Word Kentucky. Which could also be translated as the Commonwealth. The last time I checked, Louisville is in the Commonwealth!

22. ZackRyder
    10:56 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

19) There is more to life than sporting your UK gear and listening to Oscar Combs on the radio. There is a big world out there, even some tall buildings. May want to look into it sport.

23. standsforgunshotwound
    10:57 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

nice post.things are getting tough all over.if you cant respect good players and family,be a duke fan.

24. Blue Kolonel
    10:59 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Great post Beisner. I’m fairly certain none of these trolls would speak out of turn to that man’s face, he’s not exactly a “small feller”.

25. catfan68
    11:00 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Wow some of the losers that post comments on here really should get a life. I think it was a great post by KSR…if you don’t like the post, then simply don’t read it. I mean really, this is a FREE SITE, right??!!??

26. Shhh
    11:06 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

I think I am going to keep my line beard comments to myself if he is around..

27. Tomas
    11:09 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

19.) This is being posted this because we all know who Peyton Siva is. This transcends sports. We forget that these kids have real lives and struggle with things. A lot of them use basketball as their way out of poverty, and people like you would rather worry about box scores than human life. Its refreshing to see stories about a kid trying to better himself. And on this site it is relevant because the kid is playing basketball 75 miles down the road. Most of us have seen him play and a lot of us like to make poke fun of Louisville. This story helps us keep it in perspective. If you can’t appreciate that you need to kill yourself.

28. IM CONFUSED
    11:25 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

This is a confusing article because it brings UK fans against each other “Die Queer” and “Kill Yourself” are not things we should be saying to each other nor should we be defending or not defending Peyton Siva and The Louisville Cardinals of all people. Good story yes ….tough to say that….but better left on CBS….it is the thought that counts though Beisner and you nailed that.

29. IM CONFUSED
    11:26 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

And i dont know that i would go so far as to say it was a great post…….maybe i should just stay out of this one

30. Dan Aykroyd
    11:42 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

20) so you are supporting one man by slandering millions of men?

31. Blue Warrior
    11:46 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

This is about a kid who almost lost his dad. I am BLUE through and through, but all the hate is about laundry. Change the color of his uniform to blue and we all love him. The UK and UL war is fun and intense but we are talking about life and death. Look at all MKG has been through and how much we support him, what if he was wearing red, would we hate him? Maybe! Should we hate him? No! Ricky 3 Pump and the filthy Cardinals; Definitely.

32. stevte
    11:49 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

I have never posted before, in over four years of reading the site. With two little ones, I believe that this video is a great example of how important a father is in a child’s life. I would hope people would focus on the message more than the team involved.

33. Blue Warrior
    11:51 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Well said #32

34. Blue Warrior
    11:54 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

Sometimes its hard to see the forest for the trees!

35. #TeamJennifer
    11:56 pm January 19, 2012 Permalink

This website is the best place to get all the important news and ridiculous stories on Kentucky sports that a fan could possibly want, but it is more than that. It is a blog that has brought thousands of members of the BBN and UK family together with the common interest of UK sports, which KSR delivers all day every day, so let’s not be so ignorant that we cannot discuss other things together as well, such as book and movies, NBA basketball, former players, rival teams, high school sports and other college teams across the state. If a particular article doesn’t interest you, then don’t read it. However, I found the interview heartwarming and inspiring. My hatred for our rival team and Pitino is as strong as ever on the court, but I wish good things for Siva in his personal life, he sounds like a team member and son that you could be proud of. I hate the cardinals, but I do it with class! Thanks for the great post Beisner.

36. Truth
    12:04 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Enough of the UofL stuff… seriously.

37. stevte
    12:06 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

I dislike certain teams, but usually do not hate on the players. I generally hope everyone finds their own individual success. There are exceptions (Laettner, Noah, certain Indiana and Tennessee players), but generally don’t hate on individual players.

38. Roggensak
    12:06 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Great post! Like said before, we don’t understand what life most of these kids have lived before they came to college. Lets show some respect BBN, we’re held to the top standard!

39. IM CONFUSED
    12:29 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

ENOUGH SUCKING UP AND PRETENDING LIKE WE CARE ABOUT PEYTON SIVA< YES ITS GREAT HE SAVED HIS DAD NOW LETS MOVE ON!!! ALABAMA ON SATURDAY FOR CHRIST SAKE, WILL TEAGUE CONTINUE TO LOOK GOOD??? DAVIS CONTINUE HIS TEAR???

40. McDickie
    12:36 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Isn’t this the same site that ran a gutless post a few weeks ago making fun of Siva’s dad? That’s still the low point in this site’s history to me, along with posting a picture and making fun of someone who unfollowed Matt Jones on Twitter. At least now Beisner is showing some decency. Some others on here could learn from that.

41. Bulldawg
    5:39 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

I hate U of L but I don’t mind this post at all. Have a heart yall. If u don’t like it, skip over it. Don’t make the rest of the fans look like a heartless pri(ks by posting negative comments.

They be trollin’, hatin’, patrollin tryin to catch me ridin dirty…

42. bigbluedude
    7:19 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

this story proves there is in fact, a linebeard gene.

43. bluebiscuit
    7:35 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Why in the world do people want to limit what they can be exposed to here at KSR? I don’t have time to go to a zillion different sports sites, so, I like it when there is something posted here I might not otherwise see. We all got something out of reading about Wall’s and Bledsoe’s childhoods, so, why not learn something from Siva’s background? It’s incredible what some of these players have gone through, and inspirational. #19, if Tyler Hansbrough has a fascinating story, why not read it here too? If you don’t like a post, just wait a little while, and there will be another post you might like. This site constantly has new stuff, which is what is so great about it.

44. catfaninrockytop
    7:43 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

“..this isnt Louisville Sports Radio…”
    No it isn’t, but true fans appreciate when writers like yourself present meaningful stories. While I love witty columns and low blows to Tennessee, its nice to get a story that has some emotional substance to it every once in a while. I have much more respect for Siva and Beez now, as should everyone who watched that video. Thank you again!

“Siva, who is captain of a team who WAS ranked as high as #4 in the nation…”
    -Hehe, had to throw that in there…How times have changed.

45. Tony
    7:45 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Kinda make you wonder where a gun toating, drug dealing, addict get the money just to pack up and move to Louisville and buy a $400,000.00 house three doors down from me in Procpect(Hunting Creek) One thing for certain, little brother didn’t get a good return on this investment! lol lol

46. HOSS_CAT
    8:11 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

It’s great he helped save his dad’s life. I hope the kid does good in basketball as well, just not against us. But some of the idiots on the catspause called this guy a hero. uhhh helloooo? it was his freakin dad. what kid wouldn’t hop in a car and drive to town to stop his dad from shooting himself. Imagine what kind of person he’d been if he was just too tired to get out of bed to go.

47. RealCatsFan
    8:16 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

31 & 32 had two of the best posts on here. At the end of the day this is all just a game, a distraction to take our minds off of the things that really matter in life – family, friends, country. Unfortunately, there are some folks out there who get a little TOO distracted. I think the folks on this site who are parents themselves perhaps see this video in a different light than those of us who don’t – not trying to talk down to anyone but becoming a parent can really put the priorities in life in their correct order.

I have always thought highly of Peyton Siva and would love to see him succeed in life and college basketball EXCEPT for one day of the year. Personally, I have nothing against UL other than they are an in-state rival. I have a much stronger dislike for the likes of Duke, Indiana, Tennessee, and Florida – but I will never come out and say that I HATE them or their fans.

48. hunter
    8:31 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Great story on a great kid. Die hard blue, but this kid deserves props and truly is a good kid that I hope does well.

49. CatomicBomb
    8:44 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Wow, some of you truly are scum. Thanks for posting, it’s a great story. I wish him and his family the best.

50. Hoops Malone
    8:45 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Great…I like Peyton Siva now. DAMN YOU, KSR!!!!

51. DDB
    9:14 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

Great story. You never know what these have had to deal with in their lives before they go on to play for big time programs. Keep that in mind as you make idiotic comments.

52. joe ebarb
    9:27 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

I hope that he makes alot of money one day either in the NBA or overseas,seems like his family has been thru some very dufficult times/situations-

53. uk-fan_1
    9:36 am January 20, 2012 Permalink

A+, Great post!!

54. Truth
    12:50 pm January 20, 2012 Permalink

Well you guys can have an ole mom party about how Lifetime Channel touching that story was but seriously, if you wanted that story go to some cardinal site to find it. I’m not saying it ain’t touching, I’m just saying that we’ve had a ridiculous culmination of UofL stories on this site and it’s time to put an end to it.

Can’t get the guts to stop reaching out with the ‘hand of kindness’? GO to the rivals board and have a look at what they say about us. Right now the wheels are falling off their program and all they can do is talk about UK and how terrible we are. Yes, it’s jealousy, but it’s also an absolutely perfect demonstration of why any ‘warm fuzzies’ about UofL you might have (as a UK fan/Site) are SERIOUSLY misplaced. Don’t hug line-bearded, douche-baggy, porcupines bro.

55. IM CONFUSED
    1:02 pm January 20, 2012 Permalink

The Truth is right….This story wouldnt be here if louisville beat us this year

56. catfaninrockytop
    1:45 pm January 20, 2012 Permalink

@54 – As I was explaining the current event of Marines urinating on dead taliban soldiers to my high school students last week, I reminded them even though it may be justified, the US military is held to a higher standard than a terrorist organization.

While it would be justified to bash everyone who has ever been a Louisville fan, I would like to think KY fans are a little more classy than that. I hope our fans as a whole can see through that and understand we are held to a higher standard, even if we are held there by ourselves.

57. postmodernprimate
    3:40 pm January 20, 2012 Permalink

Truth Says: “Can’t get the guts to stop reaching out with the ‘hand of kindness’? GO to the rivals board and have a look at what they say about us.”

Gee Truth, it’s too bad UL has infantile morons that are an embarrassment to the rest of the fan base. I thank god every day that we don’t suffer from the same problem.

58. Cat fan in FL
    7:05 pm January 20, 2012 Permalink

@54 and the other “haters” of all things not UK: How other people treat me is not nearly as important as how I treat others. Just because there are a..holes out there posting their ignorance, I do not have to stoop to their level. Personally, I like to see stories like this. Siva seems like a good kid, and I wish him well. I am a fan of a few teams, UL included (they are a Kentucky team after all), EXCEPT when they play UK 🙂

59. IM CONFUSED
    10:28 pm January 20, 2012 Permalink

cat fan in FL piss off im ashamed of you as a fan how can you be a UL fan and root for UK and you use smiley faces your just terrible and an embarrasment, a fan of a few teams ….You make me sick