A ripped Alex Poythress and friends want this Tyler Ulis highlight video

poythress-tire

Last week, we saw the effects summer conditioning had on Julius Randle. Now, check out this picture Alex Poythress posted on Instagram of himself and friends posing around a giant tire.

I bet they’ll enjoy this video of 2014 point guard Tyler Ulis balling out at the CP3 Elite Guard Camp in Winston-Salem. Ulis picked up an offer from the Cats last Friday.

Read more about him and Kentucky’s other 2014 recruits here.

23 Comments for A ripped Alex Poythress and friends want this Tyler Ulis highlight video

1. kevin burton
    9:43 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

ripped like a lil tater chip!~

2. kyle heavy
    9:44 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

No offense to Poythress… but it appears he has a long way to go to catch Randle

3. Nick Papageorgio
    9:47 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Traveling…

4. Not Tony Vanetti
    9:55 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

This got me boned up!!

5. Phil
    9:56 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

What the video did not show was Tyler scoring on someone 4-5 inches taller than him. Maybe a solid backup, but not a starter on a team at Kentucky’s level.

6. Seven Eight Nine
    9:56 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

#2 Maybe so, maybe not. But when Poythress, in the shape he is now in, is not even the best player at his position? That’s a good team

7. kyle heavy
    10:10 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

# 6 touche

8. Smoke Weed
    10:11 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

OK, can Ulis guard anybody? At his size im going to say NO WAY….

9. Winter Hill Gang
    10:14 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Well the kid is definitely good at one on one

10. matt whalen
    10:14 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

But he is the best player at his position. Poythress is a SF not PF. Don’t know if James Young will be better than Poythress this year. Can’t compare Randle and Poythress considering, technically, they play different positions. Poythress was put in a position last year where he had to play out of his comfort zone at the PF/4. His natural position is 3.

11. Shigster3
    10:37 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

He better get a better handle if his natural position is a 3. Some people think 4 is his natural position.

12. Former UK S Marcus McClinton
    10:38 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

I’m the person on the far left of this picture.

13. Limited-edition holographic flat-top
    10:46 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

Wow just saw that Mundiay(sp?) Ncaa eligibility maybe in danger cause of prime preps education system. Makes since to go after multiple pgs since 2015 seems to lack star power at thay position. c’mon Dion!

14. cracka
    10:54 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

8 – can he guard anybody? he bothered tyus jones more than anyone ever has, that’s when he caught everybody’s eye, tyus had a ton of trouble getting around him and into anything … then ulis also put the offensive #s in that game. in tyus jones’ recruiting blog he said ulis was the toughest guy he faced last year.

15. bigcatstanding
    11:00 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

#8 are you sure you’re a basketball fan because your comments says you’re not. Ulis not even a month ago played against the number one overall guard supposably, and gave him all he could handle Ulis scored 20 some points while dishing out just short of 20 assist. just 1 week ago they ask Tyler Jones who was the best point guard he faced this year, Jones said Ulis by far was the best. last I checked John Calipari was pretty darn good at evaluating talent so if he is offering I’m in unlike some armchair coaches he does this for a living. BBN RULES. ILF#9

16. bigcatstanding
    11:05 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

#14 you stoled my thunder I started to post checked my stats: to make sure I was right, posted my post looked at yours and thought what the heck almost same thing lol. guess that means we both are at least keeping up with Kentucky and players Calipari is interested in. GO BIG BLUE

17. bigcatstanding
    11:09 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

My bad I put Ulis first name in place of Jones it’s Tyus Jones not Tyler lol.

18. bigcatstanding
    11:31 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

does half the people on here get on here to sound stupid or to learn something can’t figure it out. Has anyone even kept up with Alex Poythress sense basketball season. Reporters from the Kevin Durant camp said he was most impressive player not only his skills, but his athleticism and it wasn’t even close. He didn’t have that last year, so we are looking forward to a much improved Alex. This upcoming basketball team is going to be one that you don’t want to blink, because you might miss the next great play, it’s going to be something even us as Kentucky fans have never seen. if anyone disagrees with that I would need proof of a team with more talent in the history of basketball. No not 1996 / 98 / 2010 /11 / 12 none of those great UK squads, and the Fab five that’s a joke not close. Ya this is definitely knew ground we are breaking here.

19. bigcatstanding
    11:48 am August 21, 2013 Permalink

I pushed on to watch a different video and saw this white kid thinking I’ve seen him before, or his game is similar to the Williams kids at Florida that smoke too much dope, and got kicked off the team, then after watching the video it said Jason Williams still has it. that’s one kid I wish as a fan of CBB wish I could have seen him play against Kentucky among other teams.

20. ahardison93
    2:18 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

Second coming of Chris Paul? I’d take it.

21. bigcatstanding
    3:50 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

#20 I heard that this kid is for real, hope like heck he comes so he can prove it to his self

22. JPhelps
    4:57 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

Ryan Harrow v. 2.0

23. theWilkman
    9:30 am August 22, 2013 Permalink

18. Maybe you should work on your grammar and typing skills before saying “does half the people on here get on here to sound stupid”