Our good buddy Intern is experiencing some travel complications at the moment and is stuck in an airport, so he’ll be here shortly to hate on all things red and black. In the meantime, this seems like as good of a time as any to run through a couple of news items from today:
– As we get closer to game day, predictions are flying fast and furious for the Governor’s Cup game. ESPN’s Chris Low and Brian Bennet both picked UK, Low with a score of 24-10 and Bennett with 28-14. Tom Leach tweeted that College Football News picked the Cats to win 37-14 also. Former Cards quarterback Dave Ragone appears to be the only one with Cardinal faith, picking his alma mater to win 20-17.
– The Bo, who is taking to the airwaves in Louisville these days, wrote a piece for today’s paper saying that Bobby Petrino deserves part of the blame for the Cards’ current plight.
– Cal tweeted today that he would be hitting the recruiting trail before practicing with the whole team Friday. He is scheduled to be at Oak Hill today to meet with Doron Lamb, which some believe might be tied to Stacey Poole’s weekend visit. What we do know is that Coach K will also make a stop at Oak Hill today, per Adam Zagoria. Though he’s visiting Roscoe Smith and not Lamb, hopefully Cal has some hate stirred up in him today and gives him something to really cry about.
– Also, Dave Telep of Scout.com reports that Bruce Pearl chest-bumped Trae Golden after his commitment to the Vols last night. Hopefully, Pearl’s spray tan did not rub off and ruin Golden’s shirt.
– On a pretty interesting note, Adam Zagoria also writes that Memphis athletic director R.C. Johnson is trying to get the Tigers into the SEC. Johnson is aiming to get his program moved from Conference USA to a BCS conference and said today that the SEC was his preference. Everyone wants a share of that ESPN money.
– Finally, Tom Leach chatted with Rich Brooks and Chris Matthews after practice today.
The hate will resume momentarily.