A picture that captures the season

NCAA Basketball: Morehead State at Kentucky

CBS Sports’ Matt Norlander has rounded up the best photos from the 2012-2013 season, including the one above of John Calipari, taken by Mark Zerof during the player introductions before the Morehead State/Kentucky game back in November.

There’s no way of knowing how Calipari felt about his team back in November, but the picture does capture the exhaustion, frustration, and isolation that accompanied this group throughout the season. Prior to the season, Calipari often said how difficult it can be to lose your entire team and start over from scratch. In ESPN’s All-Access series, we saw a little bit of the struggles he had doing that, and in the picture above, you can feel the weariness of the moment.

Blue skies ahead, Coach.

Check out the rest of the photos here.

11 Comments for A picture that captures the season

1. Big Blue 66
    2:35 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Oh Roy is going to try and use the Bullock leeaving as a play for Wiggins

2. RealCatsFan
    2:42 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

The UK student section MUST GET some of those three-dimensional fatheads for this season. Doing one of Marcus Lee and his “fro-hawk” would be epic!

3. rixter
    2:45 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

He must be thinking “finally, an audience that will listen to me”

4. Digger
    2:49 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

#3 – he is not thinking that. Only I can think or say that.

5. BIG MONEY ROB
    3:00 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

SPRINT
    REBOUND
    ENJOY THIS

Kentucky, we have a great coach.

6. SLINGBLADE
    3:39 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

” Archie” Alex” did you hear what I said ? Did you hear what I said? ” It’s like I’m talking to myself”…..Wake up Cal, the nightmare is over.

7. @5
    3:43 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Thats what it came down to with this team

8. John Calipari
    3:49 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

BTW, I was the one who turned in my own ex-player to the NCAA for his transgressions, and there was no way I had any knowledge about Rose when the NCAA decided to reverse their decision on clearing him to play. In fact, they themselves have stated that I was not involved in either case. So go ahead and try to hire some more players’ HS coaches to try to lure players – you STILL can’t beat me at the recruiting game. Kiss pappy on da head, sucka!

9. LifeMagazine
    4:15 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

Nice photo. Crop & depth of field awareness and it may have made my cover page, but a very nice photo. John C. will be smiling more next season.

10. RealCatsFan
    4:39 pm April 16, 2013 Permalink

9, and RP will be frowning a lot more…

11. Pepper Corn
    11:06 am April 17, 2013 Permalink

I don’t think Cal is hard to read at all. He pretty much says what is going on. Of course he’s not going to come out and say “these guys suck”, but he says it in so many words. I remember having a sinking feeling when I watched the Wheelers scene of the all access show. He was talking to all of the old guys in there and you could tell by the look on his face that he knew what he was up against.