A Jason Bateman Friday Recap

Saturday is Golden Globe winning actor Jason Bateman’s birthday. The Arrested Development and Horrible Bosses star turns 43 tomorrow and is currently in talks to star in a Horrible Bosses sequal. He also played the awkward and creepy guy who was adopting the kid in the movie Juno. My personal favorite role of Bateman is Jarvis Edison in the movie Necessary Roughness. I know its an awful film, some call it the Major League version of football gone wrong, but I loved it as a kid. If you can stomach the bad acting and predictable storyline you can see Bateman’s ability to become a star even in the early 90s. Happy Birthday man.

Now for the recap:

-The second-ranked Kentucky Wildcats head to Knoxville tomorrow to try and complete the sweep of the Tennessee Volunteers. UK Hoops defeated the Lady Volunteers Thursday on a last second lay-up by A’dia Mathies and the boys look to keep it going and shut Tenneesee out for the week. This will be the 213th time the Wildcats face off against the Vols with the Cats holding a 146-66 advantage in the series.

-The spread for tomorrow is set at Kentucky (-10), which means that you don’t even have to watch the game, UK has already won by 9 points. The Wildcats are 3-12-1 against the spread this season and fell short of covering again against Auburn by a mere point.

-If you were thinking about heading down to cheer on the Cats, Tennessee has announced that there are still tickets available for the game. Upper level tickets can be purchased at UTTix.com for $25 a piece. Get some more blue in the seats instead of that hideous, hideous orange looking color.

-Anthony Davis is only 5 blocks away from breaking the UK single-season record held by Melvin Turpin and Andre Riddick. Davis has 78 through 17 games or 4.6 blocks a game. If he keeps this up he’ll have 156 by the end of the year, as much as Riddick’s entire 93-94 team did as a whole. That’s insane.

#AnthonyDavisSaysKnowYourRoleandShutYourMouth

-During his press conference this afternoon Coach Cal said he wants his team to talk a little more on the basketball court, especially in road games. Tenneesee hates us as much as we hate them so the Cats can expect a hostile enviornment on Saturday afternoon. Communication will be key in coming out of Knoxville with a win.

– MKG wants to come off the bench tomorrow. Coach Cal said that Kidd-Gilchrist would like Darius Miller to get the start instead of him because he’s only started six games this season compared to Kidd-Gilchrist’s seventeen. This is an extremely classy move by MKG and from what I hear about this kid’s work ethic and character, he’s the kind of guy every coach dreams about.

-In other news, Rick Pitino has lost his lasagna loving mind. At a press conference today he basically said that U of L beat writer C.L. Brown was hurting Louisville recruiting with the last article he wrote. You can catch C.L.’s story here, but its just a bunch of quotes from former Louisville coach Denny Crum and former player Preston Knowles about how he works his players too hard. How is that C.L.’s fault, Rick? Maybe if you treated the five-star players you do get with some respect instead of calling them unconfident and fat then you’d get more of them.

Here’s the audio of the press conference courtesy of our friends at the Sports Pit: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=105603

-The UK dance team is heading down to Orlando to compete in the hip-hop and pom pom division of the UDA College Nationals. If you are in Orlando, I hate you, because its freezing here, but go cheer them on. BBN is everywhere.

-Don’t forget to vote for the eRupption Zone as the Naismith Student Section of the Year. The winning student section will win $5,000 for their athletic association. Here’s your chance to make your voice heard, BBN. You can vote riiiiiight here.

That’s it for tonight, folks. Brush your little teeth, wash your little faces, get plenty of rest, and don’t forget to iron your “I hate Tenneesee” shirt because you’ve got a big day tomorrow.

You stay classy, Kentucky.

Article written by Rashawn Franklin

30 Comments for A Jason Bateman Friday Recap

1. The Rock
    11:44 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

Tonight, Jodie Meeks went off and had a career high 26 points, while going 6-7 from behind the arc. Coincidentally, on this day three years ago, Jodie hung 54 on Tennessee and went 10-15 from three. There’s just something about Jodie Meeks and January 13th.

2. Calipari'sInYourEar
    11:48 pm January 13, 2012 Permalink

#BeLikeMKG

3. kentuckycarter
    12:01 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

TEEN WOLF 2 #bestbatemanmovieever

4. Lacy Elrod
    12:26 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

I think what Cal was referring to when he made the comment that MKG said he would be willing to come off the bench was when he said that earlier in the season. I don’t think this happened again recently. I think he was just using that as another example of MKG’s awesomeness. Cal made it pretty clear back then that MKG would be starting. Point blank. Period.

5. Sobotka
    12:43 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

Everyone do yourselves a favor and listen to the Rick Pitino “rant” for yourselves and draw your own conclusions. KSR, I’m normally a big fan but you guys are deliberately misleading your readers on this. I clicked the video you posted expecting to hear Pitino go apeshit. Instead, the man gives a calm, clear explanation of how his allegedly brutal practices this year are nowhere near how hard he was running his ’87 Providence guys – you know, the cinderella team that ran all the way to the Final Four on hard work and guts and oh by the way gave Pitino the boost he needed to come to UK and save our asses from NCAA purgatory – and not even close to how other Big East teams (Marquette specifically) are going day in and day out. He was calling out C.L. for bad journalism. C.L not only failed in conveying the truth, he put out the idea that Pitino doesn’t know how to treat his players. Any real Kentucky fan knows that’s bull.

6. tyson
    12:49 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

i’m not sure why the MKG to Darius thing is public. it’s an insult to Darius. i’m sure MKG didn’t intend it to be that if it was said to Coach Cal behind closed doors, but it should not have become public.

7. Hey brother
    1:08 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

There’s always money in the banana stand

8. tobias
    1:44 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

i figured if i blue myself early i’d be nice and relaxed for a 9’o’clock dinner reservation.
    oh come one, don’t leave your uncle t-bag hanging.
    not sure what to call the hot cops if we’re on the queen mary. they’ll need an aquatic theme… oh, i know, how about the hot seame….
    i’m an ACTOR, MICHEAL!

9. Bob Loblaw
    4:01 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?

10. Sammydog
    7:04 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

#5 I listened to the entire press conference as well and I agree with everything you said. I think Denny Crum was out of line with his comments and since he admitted he didn’t know as he had never attended a practice, he should have kept his mouth shut. I like Denny but everyone knows he was not happy about being forced out for RP. Not classy, Denny. I too was expecting a wild man talking after KSR’s comments. I think Coach P handled a difficult situation well. He is also right to point out such rumors about a Coach’s practice style can scare off recruits. We KY fans fans get upset all the time with Tipton’s remarks. Negative articles can hurt a recruit’s perceptions.

11. OogieBoogieMan
    7:05 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

Wow, considering how UT has dominated the series in football and women’s hoops for so many years… has UK EVER hit the Tennessee Trifecta before (consecutive wins over UT in football and men’s and women’s hoops)?

12. boomdaddy
    7:39 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

Pitino doesn’t realize how good he has it with the press in Louisville. I wish we could give him Jerry Tipton to be the beat writer for his local paper. He would really be fuming then. Ricky neds to grow up and realize that he can’t blame others for his short comings.

13. HuntsVegas
    8:23 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

5. you are correct. the sheep are just that………….

14. GoCats2
    8:27 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

For my age group we knew Bateman was going to be a star from Silver Spoons and Its your Move. @ eighties sitcoms where he was easily the best actor.

15. SexnNursinHomes
    8:30 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

15- I knew ricky shroeder was going to be a bust.

16. tdogg4033011
    8:39 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

SnNH …. what up buddy?? been awhile …. GO CATS !!!!

17. Coach Genero
    8:47 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

Don’t you go bashing Necessary Roughness…you wear your love of that movie like a badge of honor! Those were coach genero’s last words in case they need motivation pre-game

18. SexnNursinHomes
    8:48 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

17- tdogggg!!!!!!!!!!! nothing new, but I do have a case of alcohol-induced gout going on. what up brother man? you must be busy lately, haven’t seen ya on lately. CATS!!!

19. Al's IndiCats
    8:50 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

Ok, I’ll concede it wasn’t a rant. But 5 and 11, what would everyone else say if Cal were to call Tipton out by saying he was hurting UK recruiting by writing stories. It’s another excuse for Pitino to lay the blame on everyone but himself.
    Like everyone, I was eternally grateful when he pulled UK out of the ashes and made us relevent again. But for him to coach one of our biggest rivals, you have to ask yourself what the hell was he thinking. Several coaching jobs were available at that time, Michigan, and UCLA, were two schools just off the top of my head……BUT for Crying out loud Louisville? This what maybe called the “Gust of wind Before the Tornado” . So many bad decisions made before the inevitable major breakdown is sure to follow. He’s blaming everyone and everything but himself.
    Although I’ll never like nor root for UL in anything, when his complete meltdown happens, at the end of the day the only ones I’ll feel sorry for are the players. I promise you that meltdown will be happening sooner rather than later.
    Let’s go kick some Oranges around and beat them filthy snitches by 25! Go CATS!!!!!!!!

20. tdogg4033011
    9:00 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

19) gout?? damn man, I’ve heard that hurts like a mofo. I haven’t been to busy,
    just didn’t have a computer for about a month or so. I’m back in business now
    though …. ready for this UK/UT game thats for sure !!!

21. RickyPRetirementTour
    9:11 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

#5 I think that RickyP should get a contract extention from UL. It is only been 11 yrs for him there, hang in there UL. Plus with the way there season is going I am sure that their beer sales will go up at the Yum, so it will make their basketball program more profitable.

22. My Two Cents
    9:14 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

Anyone notice that Murray State has a higher FG% than us? 17th vs. 21st in the country… Would love to see them play little brother and put them in their place. Now if only Western could be better than U of L. I think that would hurt their recruiting more than a news article.

23. SexnNursinHomes
    9:15 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

21- hurts like a mofo haha. and ahhhh, I see, no computer. glad you got it back and it’s up and running. can’t keep tdoggg down long! this game will be suprising. ut can shoot. maybe Lamb will channel his inner-jody meeks today.

24. JJ
    9:15 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

I guess we should prepare to watch the officiating crew hose Cal and our guys in Knoxville today. There seems to be an unspoken understanding among officiating crews who are Calipari and UK haters to hose down our guys every game to equalize the talent difference. How many offensive fouls will they call against UK today??? I bet Tennessee shoots +30 free throws to our 10 or so.

25. siluah
    9:23 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

Man, MKG might be the coolest kid around. How can you not like him?

26. Jodie Meeks
    10:00 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

I went 10-11 from the field, 6-7 from 3pt last night and tied a career high with 26. It’s just what I do this time of the year. Sound familiar Vols?

27. macon_volfan
    10:32 am January 14, 2012 Permalink

#25- yes, the SEC hates UK. That’s why in the last game UK played the FT disparity was 7 to 17. Oh no, wait, that was a UTvMSU stat.
    Well, then, why would you explain the foul calling disparity, UK had 19 and the other team only 10. Oh no, wait, that was a UTvMSU stat.
    Why, then, did UK have a Thursday night game in the most remote of SEC towns, and then have to come back and play a Saturday NOON game. Oh wait, that’s UT were talking about.

Yes, clearly, the SEC hates Kentucky. 😉

28. CAUKFAN
    12:02 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Folks that run this site have a gambling problem. The ‘spread’ is always at the top of the news. You can get help for that.

29. Cat's Balls
    1:18 pm January 14, 2012 Permalink

Bateman? Batman? The only difference is a lower case “e”? Coincidence? I think not.