A Couple Of Trevor Lacey Notes

Watch Trevor score 54 points in honor of Jodie Meeks and Patrick Patterson probably.

Hey everybody, how’s it going?  In continuing with the theme of looking towards the recruiting side of things today, I’m bringing you a few quickies regarding what a lot of people believe will be the next Kentucky commit, Trevor Lacey.

-Congratulations to Lacey and his team mates as he lead them to the Alabama state championship game this Friday. Lacey didn’t have his best game, but still scored 19 points on 6-16 shooting to lead his team past Midfield 64-42.  Apparently Anthony Grant was in attendance, and while home state schools tend to fare a little better late in the recruiting game, most still suspect Lacey to be a Kentucky lean.

-At this point it’s still uncertain whether Lacey will qualify academically. Birmingham reporter BJ Millican talked with Trevor who insists that his grades are fine, but as Evan Daniels pointed out, he has yet to take official visits, which suggest something may be up.  Still, these things often find ways of sorting themselves out over the senior year so I wouldn’t be too worried.  Plus he’s from Alabama, if he needs help with Algebra 3, I know a good tutor.

-And of course, in case you didn’t feel like putting up with BTI’s ramblings during the live blog, Evan Daniels had this to offer on Lacey’s game. “EvanDaniels: Lacey is a solid player. We have him just inside our top 75 an I think that’s appropriate. He’s a pretty good shooter off the catch. He has a strong frame and is a solid scorer. At this point, there’s a ways to go with his recruitment. UK is in good shape with him, but so are the in-state programs. I think people jumped the gun calling him a lock for UK. Could he up at UK? YES. Certainly. Is it a guarantee? No.”

Article written by Will Lentz

11 Comments for A Couple Of Trevor Lacey Notes

1. Jesus Saves
    6:07 pm March 2, 2011 Permalink

Lacey would be perfect for the Dribble Drive. Penetrators could kick it out to him and he’d be unstoppable. I hope he gets his grades up and if so, Cal will fast track that boy to becoming a millionaire.

2. chay
    6:10 pm March 2, 2011 Permalink

BTI was freaking annoying in the live blog. I wouldnt be surprised if Evan Daniels never did one again.

3. Eric
    6:12 pm March 2, 2011 Permalink

I lost all respect for Daniels when he said we had a slim shot at Teague. He knows NOTHING more than what anyone else knows and probably less for that matter, about where recruits will end up. If Cal wants Lacey, screw what Evan Daniles says – he will end up here.

4. Pk4
    6:35 pm March 2, 2011 Permalink

Newport Catholic’s very own and lead Bama recruiter Coach John Brannon will be tough to beat out.

5. bmt22033
    6:58 pm March 2, 2011 Permalink

I’d love to see Lacey in blue and white next year. I just hope that if there are academic issues and he does get qualified (and commits to UK) that we really do some CYA ’cause I’ve heard rumors that the NCAA might change it’s mind even after clearing a kid multiple times. Hard to believe, I know…

6. BPsycho
    7:39 pm March 2, 2011 Permalink

#5 You mean like that one time the NCAA told Calipari DRose was cleared to play and then after he played the whole season they then told him he wasn’t really “cleared” “cleared” to play and that the wins wouldn’t count?

Yeah, I believe you.

7. Monty
    8:10 pm March 2, 2011 Permalink

Can anyone say center we have enough wing players, we need a big guy, not a worst version of doron lamb

8. Kendall "Sky" Smith
    8:32 pm March 2, 2011 Permalink

Rumor has it, Lacey made a 14 on his ACT on his first attempt.

9. Megan
    8:35 pm March 2, 2011 Permalink

I think everyone’s spelling his name wrong. According to the announcer, his name is Trev-a-lacey. One word.

10. Scratch
    11:12 pm March 2, 2011 Permalink

Uhhh Chay, BTI and Evan Daniels were college roommates. I’m sure they got along fine.

11. Tim Gray
    10:22 am March 3, 2011 Permalink

Evan must have missed Lacey’s tweet that he has decided where he will play at college but won’t report it until he gets his ACT score raised, just after his UK visit and other tweets praising the UK visit. Tell Daniels to follow Twitter, it would make his job easier.