8,000 tickets sold for the 2010 vs. 2012 Alumni Game

According to DeWayne Peevy, Kentucky fans have already gobbled up 8,000 tickets for the UK Alumni Charity game. Tickets went on sale late last week for the first time, but Kentucky hopes to sell out the lower arena by reaching 10,000 fans in the next few days. Peevy has already let it be known that 12 players have been confirmed to play in the game from the 2010 and 2012 Kentucky teams. Kentucky is still looking to add 2 starters from the teams to the event in the next few weeks.

If you still haven’t purchased your tickets yet to see the clash of arguably the two best John Calipari teams during his time in Lexington, do so by going to Ticket Master.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

13 Comments for 8,000 tickets sold for the 2010 vs. 2012 Alumni Game

1. Mike
    12:33 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

I’m kind of disappointed that this game isn’t selling more..

2. PaCATFan
    12:47 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

I got my ticket…coming all the way from Syracuse, NY to see this.

3. Ridge Runner
    1:00 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

2, that’s great man & I wish I could make the trip from Georgia but the weekday date is the very thing that is killing me.

4. Bulldawg
    1:01 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

so is the ticket link suppose to say, “Sorry, but this event no longer exists in our database.”? I can go find it on my own but you might want to put up a fresh link… GO CATS!!!

5. Delk for 3
    1:12 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

I’m sorry, but such a game doesn’t get me excited. I wish I was more enthusiastic about it, but watching a pick-up game that doesn’t count just doesn’t do it for me. I want to see players give their full effort, and there is no way that is happening during such a game.

6. Dwoos
    1:21 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

5 that might be true but we will never see all these players on the same court at the sametime again. I’m driving from charleston, sc for the game, can’t wait

7. mark
    2:38 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

I understand UK can’t announce which players are confirmed, but I wish KSR would make some phone calls and find out for us.

8. Candy Pants
    3:42 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

Please, u know the 2012-2013 IU team could beat both of those teams. Chicken to play.

9. Cousins Fake Tooth
    3:45 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

Going to need more than 2k more to sell out. By the time I got tix, was already upper deck, 7th row.

10. Rupp4Life
    5:45 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

Just saw online that there are still lower level tickets. Just bought two. Don’t pick best available. Use the map to pick your own seats.

11. spookykim
    7:22 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

Got my tics, & I don’t care if it’s a pickup game, I’m looking forward to seeing our boys back in blue on the Rupp Arena floor! C’mon KSR, leak some names!

12. wkylawcat
    8:31 pm August 11, 2013 Permalink

Disappointed in my seats a bit. Got in immediately on the presale and was positioned about 15 rows off the floor. Thought they would have been better especially when I see the overall paltry sales numbers now.

13. KevinM
    12:06 pm August 12, 2013 Permalink

#3, same issue, gotta get these activities scheduled for the weekend to involve my kids….otherwise, I’m waiting until the regular season.