I was greatly disappointed in yesterday’s voting turnout for the first round of this newest tournament for most memorable UK basketball play. Let’s remedy that today loyal KSR readers.
(1) Prince’s final 3 against UNC (2002)
(16)Nazr Mohammed beats Vandy with buzzer-beater fliparoo (WILDCARD)
(2) Sean Woods shot against Duke (1992)
(15) Ralph Beard hits 52-footer at buzzer to beat Tennessee (1948)
(3)Tony Delk 3 and foul against Syracuse clinches 1996 title
(14) Cedric Jenkins tip-in beats Louisville (1987)
(4) Scott Padgett 3 against Duke gives UK lead (1998)
(13) Mills 3 ties Duke game in 1998 (WILDCARD)
Yesterday’s Results (40 votes)
(9) Daniels tip-in keeps SEC winning streak going: 24
(8) Lee’s dunk clinches title over Duke: 16
(10) Sparks 3 free throws beat Louisville: 29
(7) Brassow tip-in wins Maui Invitational: 11
(6) Sparks last second 3 in Elite Eight: 35
(11) Master sends “Dream Game” into overtime: 5
(12) McCarty 3-pointer caps comeback against LSU: 22
(5) Minnefield defies gravity during dunk: 18
-How bad is it getting for Steve Kragthorpe? He just dropped the last Brohm associated with the UL football program from his coaching staff. Greg Brohm had remained on the staff even after his brother Jeff was unceremoniously kicked to the curb and other brother Brian didn’t exactly have the best year with Kragthorpe. Basically, moral of the story is get ready UK fans to beat up on another UL coach starting next season.
-YOU MUST WATCH THIS VIDEO!!! The New York Mets have really turned into quite the circus. The Nationals may be a Triple-A ballclub, but at least they shut up and accept it. The Mets suck (in part due to injuries), yet they continue to think they are good. And now, GM Omar Minaya is accusing a New York reporter of trying to get a front office person is fired and take his job. The video is priceless.
-Holy hell, Jeff freakin George is trying to make a comeback into the NFL. Just how old is Jeff George? Well, Brett Favre thinks George is WAAAAAYYYYY over the hill. And speaking of that, is anyone actually stupid enough to believe that Favre is not going to make a comeback still? Well, maybe Fake Gimel, but he had always been gullible.
-Great prank to pull on basically anybody. Except a small child.