2014 Potential Cat….Stanley Johnson is Impressive

johnson

One of the interesting things about UK recruiting has been the way that getting an offer from Kentucky has been a symbol of the players’ talent. Just last week, California Small Forward Stanley Johnson said that “I am the type of player Kentucky recruits.” Whether they come to the school or not, getting an offer from UK has become a status symbol and an example you have made it. And in Johnson’s case, he is right. The kid can play and it is very possible it will one day be in Lexington. Take a look at his highlight tape and you will see what UK could get:

Article written by Matt Jones

15 Comments for 2014 Potential Cat….Stanley Johnson is Impressive

1. symphonist41169
    9:30 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Why was the comment section closed down for the 9:00 post? Are Matt & Drew tired of reading the daily blasting of Corey’s posts?

2. Hifriends
    9:31 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

The timing of this post makes me think its an attempt to move Coreys post down the page. I applaud the move.

3. Big Balls?
    9:42 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Corey, Kristen, rest of KSR. The fools who bash you are ashamed, to those of you check out hgh factor and vaso ultra, but do not represent the opinion of BBN. We love having this website, thank you all for your hard work everyday and your tough skin. For every prick there is 3 more who sympathize with you and enjoy all literature written on this site. You’ll have built something tremendous and the losers just want to feel a part of it somehow, me I really enjoy the open forum of your comment section but mostly I love you all as you are the face of online UK fanship. And Kristen and TT are hot so ill keep coming back.

4. Burr
    9:46 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

3: RT ^

5. M
    9:53 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

I enjoy the site, but the big balls tweet post seems like a little bit of a reach. I know there are people who feel it maybe wasn’t worded appropriately, but I just don’t get it. It’s an expression that does not allude to Collins’ sexual orientation in any way. As an expression it seems fine. Even if you look at it differently it’s fine. People are way too sensitive and whine about too much.
    Now if Carmelo said something like, “Played a pick-up game with Jason Collins last summer…everyone else knew it was shirts vs. skins except Jason who played shorts vs. skins….a lot of loose ball and hard fouls that day…”; that would be inappropriate.

6. StupidF
    9:56 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

5) Hahaha was laughing harder the more I read your pseudo-melo tweet

7. Roland
    10:00 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

3, I guess I have MisUnderstood for what this site quotes in the title banner:
    “University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most RIDICULOUS MANNER possible.”

So wouldn’t you expect that the commenters would get with the KSR way.

Like UK basketball program, KSR commenters are not for everybody.

8. StupidF
    10:03 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

7) Most of the daily ksr commenters are not for anybody, that’s why they post, Roland.

9. StupidF
    10:04 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

That came out wrong, lets be civil, I apologize but hold strong the main reason of being here is to further relish in Kentuckys national prominence.

10. Roland
    10:07 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Thank You. Thank you Very much.

11. Big Balls?
    10:27 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

10. See…Hgh factor and vaso ultra, that should help

12. HillbillyInBC
    10:29 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Anyone out there long for the days when the Vinny Zollos and Michael Averys of the world were “the type of player Kentucky recruits”? Didn’t think so.

13. big O
    11:08 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

I get it now. Matt, Drew and Mrs. T get the good stuff to post and throw the bones to the pawns. Great post– now this is better than the Pitino tattoo and breaking bread info.

14. jaxcats8503
    1:06 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

That picture of Stanley above looks a lot like James Young.

15. Oh well
    3:05 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

Expected to see more comments about this guy and how he has a sick crossover, buttery jump shot, and the ability to attack the rim with such tenacity….instead, I read about this ^. Look, I get frustrated with some of the ppl who comment on here too, but let’s keep them in check when we see it instead of writing it on a thread where it really has no basis. I applaud how some of you were mature with your comments (specifically Roland and StupidF, way to handle that situation), you’re definitely not the ones who make BBN look bad, but this guy needs to be talked about! He’s sick! The kid is so well-rounded as a basketball player that I PRAY we get him! Matt, Drew, Everyone else…keep up the good work in providing everyone with news that’s everything UK in the most ridiculous manner possible. As for the rest of BBN, give this kid some love so he’ll want to come to UK.