2014 Oscar for Best Motion Picture Already in the Books

Coach Cal just tweeted about UK fan film “The 6th Man,” which just had its newest trailer released late last night.

The short clip features quotes from Cal, Steve Zahn (famous for his role in Daddy Day Care), and our own Matt Jones (and maybe Drew, too, if we’re lucky).  The movie itself documents the fervor of the Big Blue Nation, and generally looks like it should be a lot of fun to watch when it comes out.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the next three minutes. (It’s rare that I get to use my pickup lines in posts.)

Article written by Corey Nichols

15 Comments for 2014 Oscar for Best Motion Picture Already in the Books

1. Jason
    6:28 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Teared up like it was a “My Wish” segment on ESPN… Time to throw around a pigskin, weld something, or wrestle a bear with my bare hands.

2. UKBlue
    6:28 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

They are trying to raise money on Kickstarter to finish it: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/358490915/sixth-man-rise-of-the-big-blue-nation?ref=live

3. barn
    6:31 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

will there be any quotes in it from sexinnursinghomes?

4. KYMASH
    6:47 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

That post gave me chills. I love Kentucky basketball!

5. Bleed Blue
    7:24 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

GREAT VIDEO! I don’t think this just pertains to Basketball but Kentucky football as well . I have never been a fare weather fan of Kentucky , so i feel just because are football team isn’t a Alabama or a LSU . I still feel this video explains my passion for both sports .

6. BlueInorangecountry
    7:44 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

One day i hope to do something great like my cousin jason has done with this video

7. pfife
    9:10 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

This is awesome. Hopefully there will be a similar ’12th Man’ video about UK football in the future. Step up students.

8. Emerson Biggins
    9:51 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

What a great video, love the guy burning the Duke shirt! I applaud you sir.

9. spookykim
    10:55 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Chills. Oh, & I still hate Laettner.

10. Chico
    11:26 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

John Calipari……Jay Bilas…….Darrell (ODB) Burks…….Not Much Better lol

11. Parker
    12:41 am September 27, 2013 Permalink

What the hell happened to the red v blue?

12. rml4uk
    7:44 am September 27, 2013 Permalink

“When you touch that blue dust you can’t get it off you” Big Blue for life!

13. Tyda Blue
    8:02 am September 27, 2013 Permalink

If you go to the Kentucky Theatre in downtown Lexington at 7 pm on Thursday October 17th they are having the blue carpet premiere. UK players and legends and celebrities will walk the carpet in front of the media for the premiere. Loads of media will be there, and a great chance for pictures and autographs. And then at 9:00pm the theatre opens to the public. I saw an extended trailer preview, and I will tell you this. Although the trailer is great, is doesnt do it justice, as to how AWESOME this movie is. This is the best UK film ever made. And I am telling you you dont wanna miss it.

14. Megan
    9:10 am September 27, 2013 Permalink

“We’re more likely to cry over this basketball team than I am a guy.” That one did it for me.

15. catdaddud