2013 Recruit Darren Dowdell remains committed to Kentucky

When a recruit commits to a certain school and a coaching change ensues, it sometimes causes the player re-open their recruiting process. That is not going to be the case for 2013 TE Darren Dowdell who committed to Kentucky in September. Dowdell remains firm in his commitment to the Cats and is excited about the new coaching staff. I recently spoke with Dowdell about Kentucky’s new head coach, the prospects of playing in Neal Brown’s Air Raid offense and what current Kentucky players he keeps in contact with the most.

*************

Are you still committed to Kentucky?

-Yes, sir. I’m still committed.

Have you gotten a chance to speak with Coach Stoops?

-Yeah, he called me Monday or Tuesday night. He let me know he was amazed by my film and that he was very excited to have me as one of his commits. He and his OC plan to come down to my school sometime this week to get to know me a little better.

What were your first impressions of Coach Stoops?

-He seems like he’s a nice guy. I’ve talked to Bud (Dupree) about him and he’s said Stoops was pretty cool.

I know you played both sides of the ball. Tight end as well as defensive end. Has Stoops said anything to you as far as where’d you be playing?

-He’s only talked to me about tight end. We haven’t had any talk about the other side of the ball.

Kentucky’s new offensive coordinator Neal Brown is one of best offensive minds in the country. What was your reaction when you heard that he would be the coordinator?

-I was real excited. I heard he likes to throw the ball around a lot and that’ll get me a lot of looks and help me develop as a player as well.

You already mentioned Bud Dupree as one of the guys that influenced you to come to UK. Is there any other guys you keep in contact with?

-Whitlow, the quarterback. He inspired me a lot (to come to Kentucky) and I’d like to have him as my quarterback. And (Collins) Ukwu, who just finished his last season, his brother plays with me at my high school, so I got to know him pretty well. Marcus Caffey as well. He graduated from Grady in 2010.

************

Dowdell and Kentucky are still very much in each other’s plans… and for good reason. Kentucky’s offense is about to get a lot more vertical and Dowdell should be able to thrive in it. Check out Dowdell’s tape below, He’s a beast!

Article written by Rashawn Franklin

79 Comments for 2013 Recruit Darren Dowdell remains committed to Kentucky

1. UK Fan
    8:24 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

im a huge uk fan but not gonna lie all you morons out there that think UK is gonna be good at football next year just cause the FSU d coor game to town are in for a surprise. Stoops had a good D at FSU cause he had great atheletes. WKU beats UK in season opener next year and i give the o/u to 5 mins after game where 1 of 2 things happen. 1. We start talking basketball season or 2. we will want a new coach. I love the university of kentucky but hate the fans. we have too high of expectations every yr. most of u have already given up on this basketball team same as in 2011 and what happen that year? oh yeah final 4 run with wins over OSU and UNC. Stop with all the football news damnit. ITS BASKETBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Seriously
    8:24 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Everything was going well until he said he’d like to see Jalen Whitlow as his QB. Valiant effort from the kid to come into a tough situation, but he is no where near an SEC QB. I hope he moves over to WR and they can use his speed/quickness there.

3. Seriously
    8:28 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

1. It’s ‘fans’ like you that I wish were not fans of UK. The excitement is not for next year. It’s for the future, which is within 2-3 years. It’s okay to be excited about the future. That doesn’t mean we’re expecting to win 6+ games next year. However, if you weren’t such a tool you would know there is some talent on this team. They just had GOD AWFUL coaches!!

Get on, or get the hell off. No time for all the negativity!!!

4. Booger
    8:29 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Stoops wins with Jokers players

5. Dave Chapelle
    8:33 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

When did UK sign Wayne Brady?

6. The Worm
    8:36 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Come on guys. He is a 3 star recruit. Why so excited?

7. Hartline
    8:38 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#2 Honestly Whitlow looked better than Towles in most of the games. Not saying Whitlow is better than Towles but if he’s throwing the ball better he needs to play.

8. Ukalum
    8:51 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

1) uk fan. You may be a basketball fan but your not a uk football fan. Petrino was good at Arkansas because he had arkansas recruits and John l smith did the work before petrino took over. Petrino will have WKU rolling but they will lose their QB and 5-6 of the key starters. Including their entire d line. The fact is WKU is a power run team switching to a heavy pass attack without a QB that has any substantial playing time. Uk may not win 7 games next year but we will beat WKU.

9. Ukalum
    8:54 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

1) so shut up and crawl back into the dark room you came from and stop giving up on next football season before its started. And I think we will make the elite eight this year regardless but we could win the title if we get lucky like when duke got butler.

10. Christopher Walken
    8:58 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

I have a fever…and the only prescription is…more Dowdell!!!!

11. Ukalum
    8:59 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

By the way petrino went 5-7 in his first year with a uk loss at Arkansas. Basically the same team won 8 games the year before. Give up on the uk football self loathing already. Petrino doesn’t have a magic wand he can’t beat teams just because he wants too. And Tyler Wilson isn’t transferring to WKU meaning its likely that WKU will have a slow start since the only two QBs still on the roster have a combined 21 pass attempts and if the new kid starts it will be his first d1 start and therefore unpredictable and likely mistake prone.

12. J. Prickett
    9:02 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

i have had lots of bud light but every highlight that team had a different uniform. strange for a high school. they must do alot of car washes during the offseason. ha!

13. Chris
    9:11 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

11. AMEN BROTHER. Great points although one correction UK beat Arkansas in Lexington

14. Chris
    9:12 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

One of the most fun games ive ever been at. Two touchdowns in the final five minutes for the comeback win

15. everyday_people
    9:24 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

don’t mind (or agree) with what you say, but you really need to to go easy on the shift-1 keys, else said keys may stick and you won’t be able to make an asterisk symbol. Then you will have to learn a new way to express yourself. just looking after your self esteem. thanks in advance.

16. UK Fan
    9:28 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

8. WKU brought in 3 ex louisville players that are higher recruits than anything we have on UK right now. WKU beats UK next year book it now so you guys can start the over reacting early

17. everyday_people
    9:32 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

@1 & 16. thanks for heeding my advice. bedtime for trolls. sleep well.

18. catfan68
    9:34 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

@13 Actually, UK beat Ark 2008 in Lexington.

19. UK fan
    9:40 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

17 sorry to disappoint. ITS BASKETBALL SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Bulldawg
    9:42 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

looked like he had great hands. Can’t wait to see him “keep the chains a movin'” in UK BLUE!!!!!!!!

21. Bobby Petrino
    9:51 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Sorry Darrin, Whitlow will not be your QB.

You guys want to beat me next year at least, right?

22. Jason
    9:54 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

I like this kid, especially for the Neal Brown offense. He uses TE’s almost entirely for pass-catching. He looks to have big time size and hands, which is all he needs. He even lined up at WR a ton of times in that highlight video. Really think he’s the ideal TE for the Neal Brown air-raid offense. Has some pretty good offers, too (Georgia Tech, NC State, Louisville, Ole Miss). Glad they are keeping him aboard.

23. Ukfan
    9:57 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Ukfan,
    By the way petrinos Arkansas team were very average defensively and relied on offense. And WKU won’t have a stellar offense next year they were built for power run/ play action, not the spread pass game that petrino likes and by the way former louisville kids are still rooks and likely won’t be very productive in the first few games. WKU will get beat by uk and slaughtered by UT next year. Stop being a football downer since every other SEC fan base won’t stop talking football till February and at that time they will wake up realize they have a basketball team. So keep your comments too yourself.

24. Bobby Petrino
    9:58 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Either Towles or Smith should transfer to Bowling Green.

Then we’ll see in 2 years who’s getting looks from NFL teams.

25. Keep Rock
    10:02 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

1 just told the truth and everybody got upset. Every since Stoops got this job a lot of people have been acting like all is well in the BBN. News flash it isn’t. It’s going to take at least 3 years to get this thing going in the right direction. I like the Brown hire and we will be entertaining for sure. All the man was trying to say was if some expect UK to win 7 or 8 next year are going to be disappointed and there will be some yelling for Stoops job the first game and that’s a fact. Hell we have some critizing Cal and he just won #8.
    WKU has better players then UK. I know that upsets some but it is a fact. If WKU wins next year a lot of fans will blame it on Stoops and that isn’t fair. Let’s be more realistic with where our program is, if not some are going to consider a 5 win season as a disappointment. I do think Stoops was the right hire. Let’s give the man a fair shake.

26. Keep Rock
    10:03 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#24 let Smith transfer because I think Towles is the future of this program.

27. KY Realist
    10:04 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

No one in the football world cares if your 2 and 3 star recruits stay committed. Most of your commits have offers from teams like Akron and Troy.

28. Continental Inn Hot Tub
    10:05 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Welcome aboard Darren Dowdell!

Poster #10 wins the next 15 minutes by the strongest jet pump.

29. everyday_people
    10:05 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

19 – not disappointed, just looking after your hardware. a keyboard is a terrible thing to waste. use it as you wish.

30. Continental Inn Hot Tub
    10:08 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#26 – Keep Rock – You realize that both Smith & Towles will be in the same class (Soph) beginning next season, right?

Smith has a year and a couple of games of starts under his belt head start too.

If Towles is the future, he better go to the Joe Montana school of QB Pimponomics during the summer time.

31. Ukalum
    10:12 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

25) keep rock
    you obliviously don’t know football. WKU WAS a power run team that was able to use experienced players to hide a lack of talent. Otherwise why would taggart leave his alma mater if they were so setup. We have 2 senior running backs that would be starters on 10 other SEC teams, 3 QBs with 30 times the game experience as anyone lining up for WKU, and they have one good recruiting class coming in but they won’t have a d line. ALL FOUR D Line men are gone meaning no pass rush and that means uk scores, a lot. WKU may be very good next year but not in the first couple of games.
    And I would love to talk basketball, but I can’t stay a wake during the games, this time struggles to hit threes, struggles to hit free throws, and struggles to get back on defense. Coach cal will have a very good team by MARCH but not now.

32. Ukalum
    10:18 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

27) there are plenty of nfl guy that went to the Troys and Alton’s of the world because no BCS school knew who they were. The diamonds I the rough are out there and this kid may just be one.

33. 2020
    10:20 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Big. Stud. 40 catches next year.

34. Ukalum
    10:28 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Keep rock,
    News flash if stoops loses to WKU next year, we aren’t getting to five wins. I think 5 wins next year is very possible and maybe a sixth and a bowl if things go our way but if we lose to WKU then we are going 2-10 next year and stoops and Barnhart are on the hot seat. That’s how standards work when they aren’t met the people in charge get pressured. That’s why UK football has been terrible for forever no standards and uk basketball has always been good HIGH standards.

35. UK Fan
    10:33 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

25. wow a UK realist finally somebody with some real expectations.glad to see someone has some sense of what this fan base is about Uk has passaion and love that but to think just cause UK got a new football coach from a florida school they will contend are just not realistic. its going to take at least 3 years and my point is are we tha fan base going to give to him and the answer is no way! the 2012 NC are what 8 games into the season and most fans r giving up already and are turing to Stoops like he is the savior its embarassing. What has Stoops really done? Nothing other than win a shitty acc with a lot of bad teams. Now he plays the SEC every wk its going to be a rough start just trying to prepare you all. get mad at me if u want i could careless but when UK loses to WKU and you all want a new coach already all you are doing is making us the Fans and the university look bad. oh and in case u all forgot let me remind you….ITS BASKETBALL SEASON!!!!!! only 6 shift 1 for you this time #29

36. Bob Stoops
    10:37 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#34 – UKalumn – I totally agree. Ahm, off the record of course.

37. KY Realist
    10:39 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Strong will bolt for the SEC in 2 or 3 years and unlike Mitch, Jurich will have the testicular fortitude to hire Bobby.

38. Mark Stoops
    10:42 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#36 – Bob Stoopes – Hey bro, speaking of standards I just walked into the easiest job in the SEC.

I can have 2 losing season (2013 & 2014) and not get fired. BBN, you know it’s true. That’s your boy at the helm.

Hear that Mitch Barnhart? Ahm, off the record of course.

39. Ukalum
    10:49 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

35) uk fan
    I’m not saying strips will beat Florida next year but they will beat WKU with a new QB and coach.and if they can’t we should bring joker back and move the football team to the MAC.
    You want to know why we are talking football because this basketball team is BORRRRIIINNNNGG. It’s a snoozefest every time they play. They can’t hit threes, they can’t hit free throws, and the won’t play great defense for some reason. I have no doubt this uk squad could win a title in MARCH because cal is the coach but until this team wakes up why should I, zzzzzzzzz.

40. Larry Ivy
    10:54 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Don’t let Barney fool you. When I was AD we regularly beat Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss St. We never were at the bottom.

Now, UK football is really at the bottom of the SEC. Ha, and you people are all joyfilled like white gay Obama voters. Open your eyes, your bankrupt yet filled with bourbon sauce from the reindeer at KSR.

Great job Mitch. BTW, how’d you get that sweetheart contract from Ree Todd with a record like that?

41. truBLU
    10:57 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#30 I’ve been coming here since Tubbys last days and that might be the best screen name I’ve seen, haha nice

42. Continental Inn Hot Tub
    11:05 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

STD’s can’t even survive in me

43. Keep Rock
    11:31 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#31 Let me get this. WKU just beat us and is going to a bowl game. UK is coming off a 2 win year. WKU has a host of high rated transfers becoming eligible next year. So UK is the favorite to win??? Willie Taggard is leaving because WKU because they where a one year wonder and are going back to the dark ages? Never mind that not only did they beat us last year but they have had a better team the last 2 years? If Stoops loses to WKU he should be fired and and Joker brought back? I’m the one who doesn’t know football? Really? Really?

44. Ukalum
    11:40 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

43) was there a comment in there? Uk should ALWAYS beat non BCS schools. Period. End of story. If we lose to WKU this coming year then it wasn’t just jokers idiot staff not preparing the kids, meaning why should we continue to spend millions for nothing. WKU will be good but will likely struggle to get started and a kid making their first D1 start in a nfl stadium likely means interceptions. Therefore you don’t know football.

45. Keep Rock
    11:41 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#30 those starts Smith had where under a different staff. This staff will be evaluating everyone all over again. It’s a little unfair to judge Towles by last year. He didn’t get to campus untill August. Realy never got a real chance to show what he could do and shouldn’t have had the redshirt removed. Didnt practice with the first team any untill half way threw the season got by pretty much on talent alone. Not to mention he was playing behind a Mike Summers line which underperformed the last 3 years.
    You might be right and Smith may get the job but I don’t see it. I haven’t seen anything out of Smith to think he’s anything but a SEC backup. Tim couch went threw this same thing. His freshman year he played for a bad coach and was the back up to billy Jack. A new staff came in and started him with the same offence we are going to run. I think that worked out okay. Just my opinion though

46. Islandgirl13
    11:43 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

I think it’s awesome people are talking about FOOTBALL!!! I think it’s more awesome that people are excited about FOOTBALL! It may be basketball season but how many years had basketball season talk started way before football season ended? And explain to me how you can start off saying you are a huge UK fan and in the same breath talk absolute crap about how we are morons and our team is talentless and will lose. I hope our kids don’t get on these blogs and read this garbage and negativity. The article is about football and people get butt hurt cause it’s not about basketball. We have a great coach who has put together a great staff and I am excited as hell for what the future holds. I hope more fans out there post positive things about our team. BBN

47. Ukalum
    11:46 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

45) it’s unfair to judge towles on a bad staff yet you judge the whole team based on a bad staff. That’s why I think uk wins versus WKU. The team was prepared and given a chance and there is more talent than showed itself this last year.

48. Ukalum
    11:47 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

Wasn’t

49. Keep Rock
    11:49 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

#44 really? WKU IS a better team then UK. That’s why we changed coaches . What part of that can’t you get. Hell WKU isn’t the only non BCS team better then UK. Just because a team is from the SEC doesn’t mean they are good. Joker turned us into the doormat of the SEC. This isn’t basketball it’s football it takes time to turn things around. Kid making his first D1 start means interceptions really? In case you haven’t been watching a freshmen won the Heisman trophy this year. You really don’t know anything about football do you!

50. Ukalum
    11:55 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

49) you’re an idiot Johnny Manziel was a redshirt freshman at Texas a&m and struggled his first couple of games. This is WKU not a&m. Uk has 4 star kids that haven’t played yet due to injuries and redshirts. If uk has standards then we beat sun belt teams 100 out of 100 times. Otherwise just turn the lights off and plow over commonwealth. What I’m saying is it wasn’t the kids it was the coaches and by the way WKU will lose half their starters including their d line. And if you believe WKU is 2 deep in every position like Alabama you need your head checked.

51. Keep Rock
    11:56 pm December 10, 2012 Permalink

That’s apples and oranges. It wasn’t just Towles played for a bad staff. It’s the fact that he was red shirting. He couldn’t travel with the team and he wasn’t even practicing with the scout team moreover the starters. Look at the other schools who where recruiting our players. That’s a better judge of talent then the amount of stars. For most of our players we where the only SEC schools recruiting them. There is a reason because they aren’t SEC talents. I get the diamond in the rough’s like Cobb but I don’t think jokers staff was so good they could see what others couldn’t. This team is SEC in name only that’s the reason Jokers gone. You have to give Stoops time

52. Ukalum
    12:00 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

51) so uk hasn’t recruited SEC talent but WKU has? At most it’s a push talent wise between uk and WKU. And WKU will go from a Wisconsin/Stanford offenses to a spread they will struggle early on with new kids under center.

53. Keep Rock
    12:07 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

Easy there Internet Rambo. I’m a idiot? Go back and look at what you wrote you are the one who said turn overs if it was their first game starting and Manziel was a first year starting. He didn’t struggle to bad in any game. Who are the 4 start kids UK has that haven’t played yet? Hell Bama lost to LL Saban’s first year. They had a lot worse team then WKU. Yes WKU is 2 deep. What you aren’t getting is WKU his built a better program then Joker did. It’s just unfair to expect Stoops or anyone to come in and change things over night. I agree with you that we should be better then a sun belt team, but Joker tanked the program and it should never been allowed to get this bad. Curry part 2

54. Keep Rock
    12:13 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

Yes that pretty much what I’m saying WKU has out recruited UK. Plus that staff has done a lot better job developing what they had. Hopefully this staff will change that trend it just isn’t going to happen over night. I tell you one thing for sure Bobby P will put his kids in the best place to succeed . Like him or not he is a offensive genius you will find very few to deny that. Even the AD who passed on him would tell you there is very few who can match x’s and o’s with the man. His problem is off the field

55. Ukalum
    12:24 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

53) Alabama had NCAA issues from Shula when saban took over. I’m not saying that stoops should be fired if he doesn’t win the SEC next year. I’m saying that if we can’t beat WKU with youth that got a lot of game reps then we are only winning 1 to 2 games next year, and uk is a 6 year project to be bowl eligible. Because a uk coach HAS to win 3 games minimum a year and should beat/threaten Louisville every year. I can live with stoops if we are 3-9, 4-8 without a SEC win but I refuse to support a team that will lose to a sun belt team twice and once with a rookie QB. By the way glen Faulkner a four star db sat out this year due to injury.

56. Ukalum
    12:28 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

And Faulkner had interest from 3 other BCS schools and only played special teams as a true freshman due to the high number of seniors we had in the defense that year.

57. Ukalum
    12:35 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

54) stoops isn’t magic. I know. Neither is petrino. He went 5-7 with a good arkansas team his first year. WKUs coaches aren’t there and the style of play is a polar opposite. You think uk cupboards are bare, I contend that the coaching staff was way too inadequate and a coaching staff that puts the kids in positions to succeed will result in a much improved team.

58. Ukalum
    12:45 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

By the way Thomas chapman a top 30 DL recruit didn’t get playing time either. There is talent on the roster, it just hasn’t been used to its advantage. See Southern Cal for a case study in misused talent. I contend uk is a bowl team aka 6-6, talent wise but jokers staff couldn’t due what was needed to put the kids in the best scenarios.

59. mores
    12:47 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

WKU did not, is not currently, and will never out recruit Kentucky. Anyone offering such a stupid idea is either too far gone on bath salts to think straight or has a penchant for exaggeration not seen since Baghdad Bob. It’s not remotely close.

60. Keep rock
    1:06 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

Okay I give in to you experts. WKU didn’t out recruit Uk. A sunbelt team isn’t better then UK. if we lose to WKU this year Stoops should be fired Sunday. Petrino can’t coach never mind his record at Arkansas and UL. Kentucky is better then WKU. never mind they just beat us on our own field going to a bowl game really should have beat us the last 2 years. We should win the SEC east even though we didn’t win 1 game last year. We should beat Vandy because they always suck never mind they have beat us 2 years in a row. Surely we beat Missou because they are coming from a weak conference 2 years ago. If we aren’t bowling next year fire Stoops one summer should be long enuff to fix a 2 win team. We have talent only rivaled by Bama and Fla. We have a team that should be in the NFL now that Joker is gone , its fixed. Because of all the above reasons I don’t know football. All these people drinking too much blue kool aid know it all. Give me a break. There is going to be a lot of hurt feelings next year.

61. Keep rock
    1:10 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

#59 you are on the bath salts. WKU has proven on the field that they are better then UK. You can go by how many stars a player has if you want,but the only way to truly judge who has done better is on the field. All those sucky players Western had are practicing for a bowl game while ours are going to class.

62. Ukalum
    1:22 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

60) keep rock
    You went from idiot. To deaf idiot. I didn’t say 90% of what your rant was just about. We beat WKU 63-28 the first year. That what we should do to WKU and to the other non BCS/ fcs schools uk plays EVERY year. Are you mad that I used a fact to blow your argument out of the water. Josh Clemons has been out with injury, the same as glen Faulkner, we have two senior RBs that any SEC team except maybe 3 would love to have in their backfield rotation, we have experienced DTs to clog the middle in a 4-3 style, we have 3-4 legit young legit SEC receivers in Collins sweat Robinson Legree. We have 3 QBs with more game experience individually than anyone on WKUs roster next year. We have two top ten SEC tacklers in Williamson and Dupree( the SEC in still known for defense right), our secondary now has game experience and a HC whose specialty is secondary, we just got a OC that gets production out of an offense and is inventive unlikely randy “bland” sanders. I could drum up more reason that uk SHOULD beat WKU and get 3-4 wins next year if you would like me to continue. By the way taggart said at the end of the game that he had to go with the trick play because his defense couldn’t hold(because of exhaustion) at the end of the game. And WKU is losing 5-6 of their def starters. I’m sorry if I’m not seeing this great football powerhouse that will be WKU next season.

63. Ukalum
    1:31 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

61) you mentioned “high rated transfers” in post 43. But when it doesn’t back your downer view stars and rankings don’t matter. Give up you lost. Just like WKU will next season.

64. Keep rock
    1:54 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

Your a moron and prove it every time you speak. I know this is hard for you to get but our returning players are from a 2 win team. What fact did you use? Not only did they just win 2 games but really were not competitive. Yes the staff sucked but I didn’t see joker suited up in pads at any time. Hell we beat LSU in 08 I’ll do like you and forget last year. All I’m trying to tell you is temper your expect ions and give Stoops a fair shake. It’s going to take him time. UK just won 2 games and Realy sucked last year. Now that’s a fact.

65. Keep rock
    1:56 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

Evidently you can’t read. I said the other schools recruiting the. Players was a better judge then the stars. Those players are coming from good programs. Why open your mouth and remove all dought.

66. Ukalum
    1:57 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

64) you’re( as in you are) not your

67. Ukalum
    1:59 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

65) your not listening we have guys other BCS teams would want. We CAN and should win 3 games next year. I don’t understand how temper my expectations can be.

68. Ukalum
    2:01 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

64) coaching staff means everything. Southern cal has more talent then 118 FBS teams yet they went 7-5 because kiffin is an idiot bad coach. Like our previous idiot bad coaches.

69. Ukalum
    2:05 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

64) In the 2 win season UK also lead South Carolina and Georgia for at least a half. So I guess since WKU is soooo much better they would’ve beat those two teams. And WKU lost to 5 sun belt teams so I guess uk would have be last in the sun belt. Just accept that WKU came in juiced up and played above their ability and UK came in not taking the seriously and got popped. Meaning when uk will be looking to revenge the loss they will pop WKU in Nashville.

70. Ukalum
    2:10 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

Keep rock
    Your a downer “fan” that can’t see the truth in any thing. You were probly one of the ones saying coach cal would never win a championship after the West Virginia loss the first year or wanted him fired when his team struggled in the 2011 season before getting to the final four. What is real and what people say or think about a sports team is never the same. A team is never as good as the fans/media think and it is never as bad as fans/media think

71. Ukalum
    2:13 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

Keep rock
    Meaning in reality uk is more talented than a 2-10 record with a loss to WKU and WKU is less talented(if only slightly) than a 7-5 record with a win over uk. That’s why you don’t know football.

72. letsroll
    4:18 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

looks like we need to sign his teammate who is throwing him the football

73. wabaco
    6:31 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

Not saying the kid is the next Randall Cobb but wasn’t Cobb a 2 or 3 star recruit? This is the most excited most of us have been about football since we beat S. Car. We won 2 games this year so 3-9 is an improvement.

Let’s talk basketball… mistake prone, young and not playing to their potential. Just because they wear the same jersey doesn’t mean they play as a team. Goodwin isn’t a PG & Harrow isn’t the caliber Cal has spoiled us with. Wiltjer left his shot in New Orleans and Darius graduated leaving us Hood. Poythress, Mays, Nerlens & WCS are good. And this team will lose 4-6 more games.

Regardless, I survived Tubby, Mumme, Morris, Brooks, BCG and Joker and I’ll continue to support my team and be real with my expectations. Hell, some of you think we should go ahead and hang a banner for 2014 right now. Get real, shut up & go CATS!

74. Nate
    9:15 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

Keep rock come on man!!! If u truly think that wku has more talent than uk u are beyond help…. they have very few even 3* on their roster… yes they have demarcus smith that was rated a little lower than what towles was and he will b a freshman that has not played a down of college football… we will see how that works out lol… their team has been coached up the last few years while our team has been coached down… hopefully stoops turns out to b a good coach and that will no longer b a problem… u living in a fantasy world dude….

75. Fan Fan
    11:47 am December 11, 2012 Permalink

Some of u are going to be sad when whitlow is the starting QB. He’s a diamond in the rough. New coordinator will finish bringing that out.If he played for ttowels high school he would have been a 6 star on a 5 star scale. He is raw and will be one of the best in sec under new coaches. He is a bigger manzel for Texas AM. Don’t know why some of u want to keep putting towles or smith for that matter ahead of whitlow. This will be smith 4th yr out if high school. Whitliw is 5x better than smith when he was a true freshman. Sit back and watch the show

76. Don
    1:28 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

Here is the player that should be picked up and redshirted for a year: Charlie High

77. Keep rock
    1:37 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

74) I like the way you use if and should then say I live in a fantasy world. The fact is WKU beat UK. WKU is going bowling and we won 2 games. Anything else is opinion.
    We will see the rest get settled on the field next year.

78. johnny manziel
    3:31 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

enough with you all discrediting this kid for being a 3-star. who cares what some scouts say, they’re just basing it off of the level of competition, i don’t think he had too many choices where to play ball.

you know who else was a 3-star recruit? Heisman winning johnny football.

it’s all about recognizing talent and potential, and developing it!

79. Fan Fan
    7:34 pm December 11, 2012 Permalink

Whitlow would be a 5 star if he didn’t alternate in high school. They had 2 top QB prospects. I am here to say whitlow is a true player with nerves of steel! As true fresh not coming from a passing high school his performance was off the charts. If coaches are fair in the evaluation process he will win hands down! Won’t be close remember max had 3 yrs to learn the theory based pro style offense. Quick game is even more fitting to his talents. Another RGIII