Grant Traylor, the lone media member covering the Andrew Wiggins decision on Tuesday afternoon, has already grown in popularity over night. Traylor went from under 1,500 Twitter followers to 9,379 Twitter followers in just one night. I expect that number to grow between now and Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. when Wiggins makes his announcement. Traylor sent out a tweet about 30 minutes after the rush when his name was revealed. The Tweet warned that he would be tweeting mostly about Marshall women’s softball for the rest of the night. After all, he’s a journalist from the Huntington, West Virginia area. Any other day, and most of his followers would be concerned with such information.
Now, Traylor has inherited a whole new batch of followers– in particular, a mass of Kentucky fans. The national media, fans of both teams, fans of college basketball in general, etc. will all be on Traylor in less than 24 hours. With that said, what if he messed with us and really put us to the test until Tuesday at 12:15 p.m.? Just how much other stuff could Grant Traylor tweet about in the meantime before the announcement, just to poke at all of his new followers a bit? If I were him, the idea would certainly be tempting, if for no other reason than for entertainment purposes. Grant Traylor, you have our undivided attention…
15 Things Grant Traylor Could Tweet About Until 12:15 p.m. on Tuesday to Mess With All of Us:
1) Everything he eats in the next 24 hours
2) His deepest personal fears and insecurities
3) Taylor Swift lyrics
@GrantTraylor: “I talked to your Dad, go pick out a White Dress. It’s a love story, baby just say yes.”
4) Duck face selfies, mirror flexing pictures, etc.
5) Women’s softball (wait, he actually did that already)
6) A play by play re-cap of the
2011 2012 2013 literally any WNBA Draft
7) The true meaning of Christmas
8) Unmarked links to porn websites (you know every single man and woman in Kentucky will be refreshing Twitter tomorrow WHILE AT WORK to see the latest breaking news. How awkward would THAT be?
9) If it was Friday, a #FF (FF= Follow Friday…where you Tweet out suggestions about who people should follow) that included:
@GrantTraylor: #FF @BillyGillispie, @RickPitino, @ChristianLaettner, @DwayneWade, @KembaWalker, @JoakimNoah
10) His thoughts on the movie “Gatsby”
11) The second book in the Twilight series in its entirety, broken up into 140 character chunks
12) The third book in the Twilight series in its entirety, broken up into 140 characters, using only Emojies instead of actual words
13) Tweet the Drake lyrics “Started from the bottom, now we here” every 3 minutes starting now… until 12:15 p.m. tomorrow.
14) A series of tweets such as the following:
10:15 a.m. @GrantTraylor: Wiggins says that he will be at every game in Rupp Arena next season.
10:22 a.m. @GrantTraylor: Wiggins bleeds Kentucky blue and white. Always has, always will.
10:26 a.m. @GrantTraylor: Wiggins has been seen hanging around the Joe Craft Center the last couple of weeks…
11:29 a.m. @GrantTraylor: Wiggins is Kentucky basketball.
11:33 a.m. @GrantTraylor: It has been great catching up with Kentucky super-fan Bob Wiggins all day. He really is the best.
11:34 a.m. @GrantTraylor: @EveryKentuckyFanOnTheInternet OMG so sorry! Forgot to clarify which Wiggins. #Oops
15) And last but not least…
Tuesday @ 12:07 p.m.
@GrantTraylor: Phone’s about to die!!! 2% left… #FML