100 days until UK vs. Western Kentucky

lp-field

In 100 days, your University of Kentucky Wildcats will take on the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers at LP Field in Nashville. Mark Stoops vs. Bobby Petrino. Another fun roadtrip to Nashvegas. Do you have your tickets? They range from $25 – $75 (plus Ticketmaster fees).

UK season ticket holders can purchase their tickets through the University here.

CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR TICKET

Think of it now…Jalen Whitlow on the new Titantrons, the largest outdoor screens in the NFL:

whitlow-titantron

16 Comments for 100 days until UK vs. Western Kentucky

1. I'm gonna go ahead and say it
    11:34 am May 22, 2013 Permalink

Has there ever been a bigger game (importance) for UK football in the last 10 years???
    I mean really.. We have a glimmer of hope finally…
    Back to back losses to WKU??? It’s back to the despair and darkness and negativity

2. what does that say
    11:58 am May 22, 2013 Permalink

#1 maybe so. What does that say if the biggest game for UK in the last 10 years is vs. a Sun Belt team that shouldn’t get within 5 TD’s of an SEC team? *shudder thinking of last year*

3. I'm gonna go ahead and say it
    12:02 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

Good points..
    I guess we are what we are…
    I love seeing the energy for recruiting that’s coming in next year.. But I believe Stoops and company has to come up with at least 3 or 4-5 wins to keep the momentum going… I’m looking at the schedule wondering how this is possible

4. Honky Kong
    12:19 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

Just got my tickets. Can’t wait . GO CATS !!

5. RUPPS_rhetoric
    12:43 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

1) I have a hard time saying it’s the biggest (importance) game for UK Football in the last 10 years. While it’s nice to have optimism and with the threat of losing back to back games to WKU; we’ve had much bigger games than this, especially for a Coach in his first year. I seriously doubt the fallout would be that dire if we were to lose to WKU again given the success on the recruiting trail stoops has had recently. It’ll take him 3 years to really get his thumbprint on this program. I for one give him a complete and total pass this year. I’m excited as can be, and think he’ll be a great hire, but I can’t put the pressure of being the biggest game in 10 years on a new coach that inherited a 2-10 football team in his first game that’s not even at home. That’s asinine actually. Is it a big game? Sure, but biggest in 10 years? Hardly.

6. SwampThing
    1:15 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

* Largest outdoor screen until next year when the jags roll out one bigger than the Cowboys.

7. uk2k
    1:31 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

hopefully Jason Whitlow won’t be on the screen at all unless there filming the sideline

8. Semantics
    1:37 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

#5 who can say if the WKU game is the biggest in 10 years? Just #1’s opinion. But you are wrong, IMO, about there not being “dire fallout” with a loss to WKU. With his recruiting for 2014, Stoops is riding the momentum from his 2013 recruiting class and nothing else. After all, he has yet to be a head coach in a single game in his life. I too give stoops a total pass next season, but truth is, a loss to a Sun Belt team, and losing one of the season’s 3 “guaranteed wins” will certainly cause 2014 recruits to take notice and will put a damper on momentum. I think it could indeed have a major impact on the 2014 class, and thus there is definitely pressure. Know what? It may not be UK’s biggest game in 10 years, but it will be the biggest game of Stoops’ life! (So far), yes, that is inherent pressure.

9. Semantics
    1:38 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

#7 I agree, if for no other reason than I have no idea who “Jason” Whitlow is.

10. wondering
    1:41 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

Anyone know what time the game will be.

11. wildcatfan52
    1:41 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone have any idea what anyone is thinking about what time this game may start. I bought tickets and plan on going down there but don’t know whether to book a room for Friday or Saturday.

12. fan fan
    2:37 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

#7 must be in love with one of the other QBs. Secret gay lover

13. RUPPS_rhetoric
    3:00 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

8) Semantics, so #1 is in entitled to his opinion but I’m wrong? I’m not entitled to my opinion? WTF?!?! Come on, if we lose to WKU it’s a dire fallout? Are you kidding me? I think you are completely overestimating the impact this loss would have. Sure it would be a letdown, not denying that. But to say it will have a dire fallout I think is being way to critical of what type of team we may have to endure next year. I’m sorry man I just don’t see it, or really any game being that big next year. Give the guy a break. You’re absolutely nuts calling his first game after taking over the Joke show a must win. Get a grip people and let the man build something. I hope this conversation is all for naught, but we have got to lighten up a bit.

14. Semantics
    3:24 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

13, I give stoops a total pass next year. I predict 3-9, but 2-10 is highly possible. I will just say it again…. I don’t mean that Stoops job will be in jeopardy with a WKU loss. I do think it would essentially kill all the recruiting momentum he has now. We are talking about a Sun Belt team and you and i may realize the program needs to be rebuilt, but an 18 year old recruit won’t care about that. kudos to Stoops for getting this year’s class after last year’s 2-10, but he can’t sell the future like that once he is actually on the sideline. You don’t have to tell me to lighten up, but I guarantee you all the fools on here calling for a 7-5 or better season and a freakin’ Sugar Bowl next year will leap off the Stoops’ bandwagon with a loss to WKU.

15. RUPPS_rhetoric
    3:33 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

14) Fair point; and you’re probably right about the 7-5 wacko’s. I just think we need to be prepared for a bad season. I hope I’m wrong; and I kinda think I will be. The cupboard isn’t completely bare. I felt coaching (and injuries) were a big part of last years disappointment, and subsequent Joker firing. But maybe we are that bad and people may need to prepare themselves for the worse. I think we’ll just agree to disagree about a potential loss to WKU and the impact that would have on recruiting. I think it’ll be negligible either way. Success will certainly help him, but I think he’ll still be recruiting on the basis of “come and build something, see how much help we need”. So I don’t believe bad losses next year will hurt us too much. Again agree to disagree on that. Now after next year, and certainly year 3, I’ll agree that a loss to WKU could and would hurt recruiting, but not so much this year IMHO. GO CATS!

16. Semantics
    3:45 pm May 22, 2013 Permalink

15 one thing that concerns me going into next year is what John Clay of the LHL wrote a week or two ago. He said he attended spring practices of both UK and WKU, and to him WKU appeared to be the better team at this point. And that is with both teams changing staffs and schemes. The incoming freshman class may help a bit, but usually on the whole Freshmen don’t have a big impact. Hope you are right and I am wrong about the recruiting after this coming season. Go Cats!