Because the game today will NOT be that exciting, here are 10 things to watch as you watch the Cats and Colonels:
(1) Will the offense start out as explosive as it finished the year last season. If so, there should be 3-4 touchdowns in the first half relatively easy.
(2) Will Andre Woodson be as crisp early in the year as he was last season? 31 touchdowns and 7 interceptions is a record that will be hard to match. Will he do it?
(3) How will Steve Johnson perform as the second receiver? If he hits even close to his potential, the Cats will be unstoppable on offense?
(4) Will an offensive line that at times was simply horrendous last year step up and show its improvement?
(5) Will our band continue to be horrendous?
(6) What will the changes be to the defensive schemes with the move to a (thankfully) non-Mike Archer system?
(7) Will a defensive line that once seemed to be extremely deep still be as strong as hoped with the injuries and suspensions that are now in place?
(8) Will we see Sophomore improvement from Micah Johnson?
(9) Will the return game show its strength with the new kicking rules?
(10) Will UK play a song from this century during the game breaks?
So there you go…..we are off to the tailgate…..post-game reports to come after the game…..and use the comments to chat during the festivities.