10 For Tuesday, Vol. 2: Andrew Wiggins Edition

10fortuesday2

“10 For Tuesday” is back for the second time and this week I’m airing out all the Andrew Wiggins stuff I have left in me. It was a long and tiresome run, following Wiggins, and now it’s finally over and (almost) out of mind. After today we can move on with our lives and enjoy the crop of talent John Calipari brought in and the crop of talent Mark Stoops is currently pursuing for the rebirth of UK football. No more Wigginsanity.

But first, enjoy “10 For Tuesday, Vol. 2” featuring 10 random Andrew Wiggins thoughts and observations:

1.) The kid who waited entirely too long to decide, announced six minutes early.

I find it funny that Andrew was so quick to announce his decision once the ceremony got underway. The radio show took a commercial break to be back on the air for the scheduled 12:15 ET announcement, but Wiggins pulled the trigger during the first commercial of the break and KSR missed out on the live reaction, which is the only reason we were given a third hour today.

All those months and months of waiting and we missed it because he announced it six minutes earlier than expected.

2.) Kansas is going to be good. Eventually.

Prior to Wiggins’ commitment, Kansas was a good team but certainly not a title contender. Bill Self lost all five starters from last season’s team, a one seed in the tourney, and the only significant returning players combined for a little over 13 points last season. Wayne Selden highlighted the class up until today, but even he wasn’t enough to put KU in the preseason top ten.

But with Wiggins on board, things are different in Lawrence. ESPN’s Jason King bumped the Jayhawks up to No. 5 in his preseason rankings and the Vegas odds for Kansas to win the title shifted from 30-1 to 10-1.

It’ll take a little while for Bill Self to figure it out — this is his youngest team at Kansas — but when they get it going, look out for a potential NCAA runner-up basketball team.

3.) The Champions Classic just got even better.

That Kansas-Duke matchup we’ll be seeing in Chicago on November 12? It now features Andrew Wiggins versus Jabari Parker.

Get your popcorn ready.

4.) The real loser in all this is Marcus Smart.

Smart returned to Oklahoma State despite being a top-five prospect in the 2013 NBA Draft. He would’ve been the heavy favorite for Big 12 Player of the Year entering next season, but now it is Andrew Wiggins’ trophy to lose.

Not to mention, Kansas is now in position to win its, like, 40th consecutive Big 12 title.

5.) I take that back. The real loser is Nike.

If Nike execs had their way, Andrew Wiggins would’ve signed with Kentucky weeks ago. Kansas is the last decision they wanted to see.

But you don’t believe all that sneaker talk, do ya?

6.) I wonder what kind of role the twins played in Wiggins picking KU.

No, not Andrew and Aaron Harrison, although they could’ve been a factor.

I mean the Gonzalez twins at Kansas…

THOSE twins. Wow.

7.) Grant Traylor still has over 10,000 Twitter followers.

That’s a huge following for the beat reporter for Marshall softball, and the number is way down from where it was this morning. Traylor made it all the way up to 17,800 followers after it was announced he’d be the only media in attendance.

You people are crazy.

8.) Has anyone checked on Leonard Hamilton?

That’s a tough loss for Florida State. The national media predicted Hamilton to win the Wiggins sweepstakes, but it was his former assistant, Bill Self, who won out in the end.

Florida State needed this one.

9.) James Young.

Alex Poythress.

Don’t forget that.

Article written by Drew Franklin

48 Comments for 10 For Tuesday, Vol. 2: Andrew Wiggins Edition

1. Lane
    9:41 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

2. Jared
    9:44 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

jesus christ those girls. Honestly, I can’t say that I blame Wiggins having seen them. Wiggins will “twinning” after all.

3. Bubba
    9:46 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

Is KSR butthurt? Sure sounds like it.

4. Wiggy
    9:52 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

That is okay, I will have lots of fun in the cornfields of Kansas. I can hide from the media there.

5. Mark
    9:55 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

I’d rock chalk those twins.

6. Catlogic15
    9:56 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

Taking today’s totality of news into consideration, I’m most upset with Angelina’s double mastectomy.

Those were some fine pups!

7. Jarweed
    9:58 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

Bob Wiggins is the best Wiggins, and the one that matters.

8. CornHole
    9:59 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

I think you mean hide in the wheat fields. Now get back to kissing your cousin.

9. mike
    10:09 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

Guys from ksr give the wiggins crap a rest hes a basketball player nothing more talk more about kentucky as this is a uk sports site hes apart of kansas !

10. Tony T
    10:09 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

The real story of recruitment of Andrew Wiggins

They say that in order to learn the truth you have to follow the money.

Of course there was a betting line on where Wiggins would sign. He stretched it out until the very end and was the only high profile recruit yet to sign. Even a casual gambler took notice. His handlers let out just enough information so that each school in the running had some hope. Three of the four schools have huge followings and Florida State was a slight favorite for a while.

Some heavy Kansas boosters out of Kansas City let it be known that they would set up a betting line and help Andrew and his family get some NBA money while he enjoys his one year in Kansas.

11. fake_Samantha Ryan
    10:12 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

My legacy’s still alive. Text me, girls, I’ll get you court side seats.

12. Diehardcatfan
    10:14 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

No More Wiggins Crap Please!!! Let the kid go; who cares! Im just glad its over..Tired of hearing the crap..GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. W.W.B.B.N.D?
    10:15 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

I will still take the team UK will have next year.

14. Syrin
    10:15 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

I never wanted him. I LOVE this class er have. Wiggins won’t be able to get it done by himself. He won’t improve much over where he is now, will get drafted on potential, but may not be the #1 pick. One of OUR guys will be. His loss. We will still win the title, we won’;t have any flaky ambiguous Shabazz wannabe’s, and we’ll forget him after this week.

15. Yuck
    10:24 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

There is nothing good about those twins… Napoy headed hoes

16. Walden Schmidt
    10:25 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

I bet their momma looks good. Bucket List.

17. SOB
    10:26 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

Syrin put down that cheap kentucky bourbon.

18. Ozzie Nelson
    10:27 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

The good news is our bat cats beat 15th ranked IU today, 5 to 3.

19. Yuck's Mom
    10:28 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

My boy prefers his women older and wearing mom jeans.

20. ....
    10:28 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

I’m sorry but those twins look awful

21. mike
    10:34 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

its so sad you trolls spend everday of your life on kentucky sites running your shit its so pathetic you hate on us so bad what a shame

22. Yuck's real mom
    10:36 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

19. No my boy just prefers his women to actually look like women!

23. Face
    10:39 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

You wanna see awful, turn around and take a look at that beast sleeping next to you.

24. UKBlue
    10:43 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

This kid might be good, but he may also be a little weird. His whole recruitment up to & including his announcement was just strange.

25. Limited-edition holographic flat-top
    10:45 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

I really want randle to dominate college ball bext year. And not have the trophy just handed to someone cause of all the hype. That said I really hope randle gets shit right next year and hopefully be #1 draft pick ‘if’ he chooses to leave.

26. dave
    10:48 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

i believe those ladies names are: badonk & adonk

27. 44 Stitches
    10:49 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

I saw on other websites today about these Gonzalez twins. This is the 1st time I’ve seen them. SERIOUSLY are you kidding me?? Those chicks have 6 packs like a dude. I was born in Lex but grew up all over and am white. I went to high school on the Southside of Atlanta. My high school was around 40% white, 40% black, and 20% other in the 90’s. We had way way better looking chicks than that. Especially black chicks. I would assume Wiggins is like most dudes and if a chick is hot she’s hot no matter the skin tone. It never mattered to me. I would also assume being from Canada and going to school in W.V. he doesn’t see to many hot chicks that are black. If thats what he’s into and swayed him cool. If he is he might as well went to Georgia State and helped Harrow out. That school is full of beautiful black young women. Maybe that’s a bad pic and Beam is talking to me but from what I read earlier in other spots I was expecting way better looking than that.

28. NBA Wives
    10:50 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

odds these two leeches end up with a pro athlete? I know what you’re thinking, they don’t look like the type at all, am I right?

29. Cal

Marcus Lee
    Kyle Wiltjer
    Alex Poythress
    Derek Willis

31. mashburnfan1
    11:06 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

To quote “10.) Kentucky still has the No. 1 recruiting class in America and will be ranked No. 1 to start the season.

Don’t forget that.”

Last year we were ranked 3rd to start the season and we finished uh oh well….Don’t forget that.
    Everyone needs to wait and see how this group comes together and accepts the challenges of playing against bigger, quicker and stronger players. Yes I love the potential of this group but that is all it is right now. Do we learn nothing from a few months ago….RMU…

32. Kaptain Kat!
    11:07 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

(continued from 30)And Dominique Hawkins! Recognize mudcreekmark!

33. Andrew H
    11:08 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

Great post lets close the book on wiggins for a little while.

34. Chris
    11:13 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

Starting to get confused here we are told even though he isnt coming to UK we will be fine ,But he will make a Kansas team with entire new starting 5 possibly Ncaa Runner-up ?
    So kind of weird its no big deal but hes good enough to take them that far? I love our class but im way less confident about a title now..I think we will be real good but now just one of many contenders in my opinion..

35. Joey M
    11:14 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

Its Wiggins’ loss, not ours. I wouldn’t wish my worst enemy to live in Kansas.

36. Yeah
    11:27 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

It just feels weird for him to not be going here. But regaurdless I have come to the understanding that even though he would start, you can’t deny the amount of players we already have at SF would cause some loss In minutes. And in my opinion, FSU was always the second choice no matter where he went. Kansas makes sense because he can get the amount of playing time he wants while playing in a good atmosphere while also getting the chance to contend for a title. Plus, self is the second best coach behind cal so let’s cut this kid a break. I think he wanted to go here but the class we had was too much and he just preferred to play more casually at Kansas. Kentuckys not for everyone. But I’m more than excited about randle he is a dominator and plays like a kentucky player would.

37. F wiggins
    11:27 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

Quit talking about him.

38. jj
    11:56 pm May 14, 2013 Permalink

Good post to wrap it up Drew. Now we can move on and focus on the Cats. Great things ahead in football and basketball.

39. oldschool
    12:39 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I am glad he didn’t come…strange kid.

40. Wildcatsteeler
    1:26 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

11.) I’m glad he isn’t here. Got 6 forwards that I’d much rather see play for us. You know, the one’s that committed to us a long time ago? Lets focus on them now.

41. Freddy Fleet
    6:23 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

The ridiculous amount of posting KSR has done about Wiggins and the fact that your site reads like a high school gossip column ought to get you thinking about your credibility. That is, if KSR actually wants to be considered as a viable sports publication. It’s about time for KSR to grow up.

42. Jeffrey
    6:35 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Those twins can get it, I mean daaaammmmnnnn.

43. IdiotNation
    6:45 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky Fans Prove Classless in Attacking Andrew Wiggins, and Confused in Responding

Written on May 14, 2013 by kentsterling

56 Comments – Leave a comment!.

by Kent Sterling

They are the most predictable fans in all of sports, and have the least class. The University of Kentucky has many reasons to feel shame, but the behavior of their fans toward a kid who did nothing but choose to attend Kansas today shows why teenage basketball players who decide to attend UK make a massive mistake.

A sampling of tweets to top ranked recruit Andrew Wiggins account are below, courtesy of kentuckysportsradio.com:

tweet5They outed these idiots as not being representative of Kentucky fans, who refer to themselves as Big Blue Nation. Any group of fans who are compelled to refer to themselves as a “nation” are endemic of the dingbats whose self-image is way too closely tied to the success or failure of teenagers playing college.

Kentucky fans are the worst of them, but certainly not the only pack of ornery sycophants who follow a college basketball or football program. The loon who poisoned the two iconic oak trees at Toomer’s Corner where fans gathered for generations after Auburn football games comes to mind, but as a group Kentucky fans are rabid — and not in a good way.

tweet6Threatening the lives of kids who choose to study and play elsewhere is so far outside the parameters of decent behavior that they border of the mob mentality that causes riots.

I also recall the petulant and boorish behavior Illinois fans and coach Bruce Weber showed Eric Gordon during his year at Indiana after backing off his verbal commitment to the Illini once Mike Davis was fired at Indiana. It was a heinous example of how unchecked self-immersion can turn good people into idiots.

tweet31Andrew Wiggins is going to Kansas, and reasonable people could care less. There are fewer and fewer reasonable people among Kentucky fans. That’s what the school gets for doing a deal with the devil and welcoming a coach who is paid only to win. Coaches should be hired for their ability to do a lot of different things — teach, lead, mentor, insist on academic excellence, and serve as the public face of the university. They are fired for not winning.

Oddly, here are an additional comment or two to the Kentucky Sports Radio post that chastised the author of the tweets:

tweet2NotFirst Says:

“These idiots need to die in a fire.”

Hoptownsbeast Says:

[email protected]#% these guys! We still BBN! Good luck Wiggins! Go Cats, Go Wiggins!”

Otis Says:

“UK has 10,000,000 fans with we’ll say 5% that are complete idiots; or 500,000 fans
    UL has 500,000 fans but only 100,000 of those fans are complete idiots.
    Which is better?”

tweet1Otis Says:

Wiggins did to UK what Trae Golden did to Jenny Wright

There are nearly 100 comments, and the conversation is amusing if not enlightening. Some are pleased that the five tweet authors have been outed. Others are disappointed they are getting publicity. Some belief that most of the idiots are from other schools. Many are exceptionally critical of people in Louisville, and others are critical of the anti-Louisville crowd.

The Kentucky fanbase — even those who are trying to congratulate Wiggins are becoming more and more baffled by the source of their anger. Are they upset because Wiggins opted to go to Kansas, at the morons who blasted Wiggins, the people who published the offending tweets, those who are angry, everyone who lives in Louisville, or a combination of the five subsets.

Reading kentuckysportsradio.com comments is like watching Curly Howard take the SAT. You can see the steam rise from their skulls, and finally their heads are going to explode.

By the way, congratulations to Wiggins for making a tough decision.

44. Wiggie
    7:21 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

Dontchall be talking ’bout my twins now. I be playin’ quarterbounce on dem azzes!

45. MJ4UK
    8:16 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

I think that if Hamilton wanted Wiggins, he should’ve have first recruited his brother. If his brother had went to FSU, I think that Andrew would’ve followed suit

46. Got CAL?
    8:16 am May 15, 2013 Permalink

If a player like Wiggins want a team to be built around them they should commit early to a school. UK, or any school would be crazy to miss out on other very good players because one very good player can not decide if he wants to come or not. I will take the players that UK has and be fine with it.

47. meh
    1:51 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Those girls are not all that. Come on everyone….raise your standards.

48. TheColoradoWildcat
    3:44 pm May 15, 2013 Permalink

Come on guys….

So, Wiggins decided he could not get out of his college career what he wants to get out of it at Kentucky. Remember, Cal says it is not for everybody. Contrary to many opinions, I do not believe his desire it to become the next “be-all-do-all-look-at-me-I-am-the-best” player in college basketball. If that were the case, he sure missed a great opportunity yesterday with his presser.

I believe he is a fine young man, with a tremendous up-side to his game, –though I suspect that he is a “high maintenance type of player– and I wish him the very best year possible…until we put a smack-down on KU come March, 2014.

The up-side for our team, by his choosing KU is this: The rest of our players, who have already started bonding wonderfully by all accounts, can now develop into the juggernaut they are bound to become, without having to consider his feelings, and indecisive mindsets. These guys are going to hold each other accountable the likes of which we have not seen at UK for a while…if ever. Not sure Wiggins would have appreciated that scrutiny. Not saying that I know he would have been an issue like a couple from last year…but the longer it went the more I thought “..ya know what, I think we are just fine as is…”

Remember….

We STILL have the #1 recruiting class….again. Five years and counting by most observers -yeah, I know, ESPN likes our attraction, and the money we generate for their TV channels, but think we were second best last year….whatever.

We STILL have the #1 recruiting class OF ALL TIME -yeah, even ESPN acknowledges this. Think about this: OF ALL TIME!

We STILL have the #1 ranking preseason.

We STILL have the #1 ranking in most wins.

We STILL have the #1 program. PERIOD.

Hey, can we PLEASE just move on?