10 Best Lines From KSR’s Interview With Charles Ramsey

ksr-ramsey

Matt and I spent the morning with Charles Ramsey at Eric C. Conn’s law office in Stanville this morning and America’s favorite new hero was everything we expected and more. After a little worry he wouldn’t arrive in time, Charles finally walked in and kissed all the ladies on the hand before sitting down for a radio interview with Matt to conclude our show. Afterwards, the three of us discussed Nerlens going to the Cavs and how we can get him to Lexington for a game next season. He wants to be the ‘Y’.

Here are my 10 favorite quotes from the show:

1.) “I’m willing to pay his $8 million bond and ship him to Puerto Rico, because I know on the way there he will meet his demise. If not, when you get off the plane, you’re gonna meet your demise. If not, I wanna pay somebody for you to meet your demise… Can’t say that?

Charles is still very disgusted and outraged by what his neighbor, who he thought was just a regular guy, did to the girls he discovered in Cleveland.

He might’ve gone a little too far in airing it out, though. Just a bit.

2.) “No good deed goes unpunished. Me finding those girls… ‘Good job, now we’re going to rip you apart.'”

Since discovering the missing girls a few weeks ago, the media has dug up all it can find on Ramsey’s past, which includes a few arrests. But he doesn’t care what people say about him because he knows what truly matters:

“Three girls were home for Mother’s Day,” he reminded us. “You can talk about me all you like.”

3.) “I have about… approximately… 20 million letters from people.”

Maybe a little high on the estimate there, Charles.

4.) “Let me ask you something, because I heard if Rick Pitino comes to Lexington he gets spit on.”

Then he redeemed himself…

5.) “I’m a Rex Chapman fan.”

Much better.

6.) “I’ve been taking [McDonald’s] up on [that offer] everyday, just to make sure they keep up their word. We go to 4 to 5 McDonald’s, one day. Just to look at ’em. When I pull up, they go, ‘That’s you!’ and I go, ‘Yeah, give me a Big Mac.'”

McDonald’s gave him a “Chuck Card’ that he can flash for free food for the next year. There is also a ‘Ramsey Burger’ at Hodges restaurant where Ramsey still works as a dishwasher.

7.) “What I’d rather them do, for the city of Cleveland, is go give the homeless people those burgers and stop focusing on me.”

And this is why people love him.

8.) “I was able to call Anderson Cooper on the phone and he did exactly what I told him to do — I knew this was big. He didn’t tell me no or nothing. He asked me where I wanted to meet him and I said ‘Cleveland’ and he said ‘I’ll be there in an hour.'”

Charles didn’t really grasp how big he had gotten until he had Anderson Cooper wrapped around his fingertips.

9.) “This has gone totally Hollywood, but I’m still focused on what those girls have been through for the past 10 years. I’m not the hero; Amanda Berry is. I didn’t go through nothing. She went through it for 10 years. She had a kid with this bastard.”

He was “just a dude playing his position,” he says. Amanda Berry and the other two survivors deserve all the love.

10.) “You wouldn’t be interviewing me now [if he had known right away what was going on.] I’d be in the penitentiary right now, or on my way there. Because I was able to take that dude’s head, take it off his body, and kick it down the street like a soccer ball… Said too much?

Listen to the entire interview here:

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for 10 Best Lines From KSR’s Interview With Charles Ramsey

1. Breaking News!!!!!
    7:15 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

NC State and Virginia Tech will join SEC before the deadline to lock them in for the next decade. Suck it ACC

2. Shame on Matt and Drew
    7:34 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

By cheating the government out of millions of dollars, Eric C. has himself quiet the collection of double wide trailers doesn’t he Matt? For you that don’t know the story, Eric C. Conn and a law judge were in cahoots together in a scam to sign up people on SSE who had nothing wrong with them but got them their SSI anyway. The judge awarded 99% of all SSI cases submitted by Conn. The national average is a 60% award rate. Different judges supposed to get different lawyers cases. But this judge was stealing Conns cases off of the desks of other judges desk to make sure he handled all of Eric C. Conn’s cases. If you all get to retirement age and social security is broke, you can thank scum like this.

3. nookinpanub
    7:50 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

that guy is a hoot.

4. sobriquet
    8:21 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

#2 – What, may I ask, does this rant have to do with KSR taking advantage of a great opportunity to entertain those who enjoy the site?

5. Shame on Matt and Drew
    8:30 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

Why not go do a pod cast and hang out with the guy that kidnapped the three women? He is probably a better human being.

6. Duder
    8:39 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

long time listener… During the duration of the broadcast I’m traveling between greenville and shepherdsville every single day and can’t imagine how bored I would get without ksr.. The last 2 days have been out of the park, especially when you consider this is the “summer time shows.” Props to Matt and the gang for entertaining us for free. Enjoy the vacation Matt, Job well done. Go Cats!

7. Blueycat
    9:11 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

LMMFAO

8. Dee W.
    9:28 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

3 – if you read the post, they did the show from Eric C. Conn’s law office – hence, why a comment would be made about Eric C. Conn’s law office in response to the post.

How did Charles Ramsey get mixed up with him for that to be where the interview would take place?

9. raekwon
    9:45 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

Way to go Jones! You and the other 6 viewers of Nancy Grace (all ksr writers obviously)latched on to this story while the avalanche of media documenting federal corruption is unnoticed by you. No wonder Chris Cross thought you weren’t ready for a local radio show. And Chris Cross sucks.

10. Shame on Matt and Drew
    9:53 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

Another publicity stunt from Eric C. Conn to draw attention to his “law firm”. I’m sure he paid big money for Ramsey to come to his place of business. Matt and Drew got sucked into the cesspool because they thought it would be cool to interview Ramsey.Conn will do anything to draw attention to himself. That is why he has a thousand billboards up in a 30 mile radius and all of them has his face on it.

11. Dirty Secret
    10:06 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

Anyone who lives in eastern Kentucky knows about our dirty little secret. Eighty percent of the working age males “retire” before they are forty years old. I worked in the mines back in the 80’s with 24 workers at one mine. Every single one of them “retired” before they were forty. A lot of them didn’t work into their thirtys. I know a family that had eight brothers and they all “retired before 40. They all used the same doctor and the same lawyer. Eric C. Conn is doing the same type thing only with SSI instead of workers comp claims.

12. OneAndDone
    10:45 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

Eric C Conn. his last name says it all. What a waste to society. But funny interview. Hate it that that bastard is “Conning” this guy too… He has a warm spot in hell though…

13. Portland Trailblazers
    10:53 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

Thanks for supporting us with the three goggles. UK fans must love us.

14. Intelligent
    11:31 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

Hey #2 – that tired story has been spinning for two years and nothing has come of it. Why? The evidence is JACK SHIT, that’s why. Give proof they were in cahoots or shut up.

15. Bowel Movement
    11:36 pm May 24, 2013 Permalink

14) Doesn’t change the fact that Matt is a butt-cutted Q-bate!

16. 1catfan
    12:18 am May 25, 2013 Permalink

Hey you people, SHUT UP. You all running your mouths is why people can’t have nice things. You were all probably hall monitors in middle school. What Matt and drew did was awesome and radio gold. Just shut up and move to Iran or North Korea.

17. ukfaninohio
    1:15 am May 25, 2013 Permalink

If matt is all these things and you all take time out of your day to come to his site then what’s that say about you exactly?

18. Wow
    6:44 pm May 25, 2013 Permalink

This comment section has to be the biggest group of sad judgemental losers Ive ever seen. Personal attacks at Matt Jones for providing a great interview and show? U people are pathetic. Thanks for entertaing show Matt and Drew.