We are now 11 days until the 2017 NBA Draft and teams are vigorously scheduling players for workouts. Tomorrow morning, the Los Angeles Lakers are hosting six NBA Draft hopefuls for in-person evaluations. Former Kentucky Wildcats Isaiah Briscoe and Isaac Humphries make up two of the six invites.
— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) June 11, 2017
Here’s what NBA.com’s Digital Reporter Jose Ramirez had written up as small previews for each of the two Kentucky boys, as well as some pre-draft interviews the two have done at workouts for other NBA teams.
Isaiah Briscoe | PG/SG | Kentucky | 6â€™3 | 210 | So.
– Ranked fifth in the SEC in assists (4.2)
– Averaged 12.1 points on 47.0 percent shooting. Hit 50.7 percent from two-point range
– Cousin of Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving
Isaac Humphries | C | Kentucky | 7â€™0 | 255 | So.
– Averaged 2.8 points and 2.8 rebounds in 8.3 minutes per game
– Shot 51.1 percent from the field â€” a 12.1 percent leap from his freshman season
– Named to the All-Tournament Team at the 2014 FIBA U-17 World Championship when he led Australia to silver
Good luck to these two as they work to pursue their dreams. Hope nothing but the best for both of these kids.