In yet another turn in their ongoing rivalry, it was just announced that De’Aaron Fox will replace Lonzo Ball in the Rising Stars Challenge, which takes place this Friday night during NBA All-Star Weekend. Ball has missed the Lakers’ last 13 games with a sprained MCL. Meanwhile, Fox has been on a tear, averaging 14.5 points and 4.1 assists over his last ten games.
Fox will play for the US Team, which will take on the World Team, which includes fellow former Cat Jamal Murray. There are plenty of former Cats participating in All-Star Weekend, so here’s when you can watch them (all events aired on TNT):
- Friday, 9 p.m. ET: Rising Stars Challenge (Jamal Murray, De’Aaron Fox)
- Saturday, 8 p.m. ET: State Farm All-Star Saturday Night
- Taco Bell Skills Challenge (Jamal Murray)
- JBL Three-Point Contest (Devin Booker)
- Sunday, 8 p.m. ET: 67th NBA All-Star Game (Anthony Davis, Karl Towns)
Speaking of the Ball family, did you see LaVar Ball’s threat that Lonzo won’t re-sign with the Lakers unless they sign his brothers LiAngelo and LaMelo as well? Ha!
Every day that goes by, Magic Johnson must regret not taking De’Aaron Fox more and more.