Good morning, folks. Devin Booker scored over 25 points again. The Phoenix Suns also lost again. Let’s talk NBA.
[11-47] Suns – 104 @ [30-26] Kings – 117
- After sitting out the previous two games with a minor hamstring issue, Devin Booker returned to the Phoenix Suns and proceeded to drop 27 points on the Sacramento Kings. Booker also added eight rebounds and six assists while shooting 9-19 from the field but in a losing effort. There was also a nervous moment in the third quarter where Booker banged knees with Kings guard Bogdan Bogdanovic and had to limp himself to the sidelines. He would return and appeared to be fine, but it’s just another entry into the 2018-19 Devin Booker Book of Random Injuries. Through 58 Suns’ games this season, Booker has been sidelined for 15 of them with six different injuries.
- For Sacramento, the team continued its push for the franchise’s first playoff appearance since the 2005-06 season and the Kings’ record of 30-26 is the best start to a season since 2004-05. Leading them against Phoenix was De’Aaron Fox, who dropped in 17 points on 5-11 shooting to go along with six rebounds and nine assists. Willie Cauley-Stein contributed 10 points and eight rebounds for the Kings, who dominated this game from the opening tip, leading by 15-plus points for a majority of the second half.
- The Suns’ current losing streak of 14 games is the second longest in franchise history, only one game behind the record the team set last season.
[25-29] Heat – 118 @ [40-15] Warriors – 120
- Bam Adebayo (MIA) and DeMarcus Cousins (GSW) went head-to-head for portions of this game but were hardly the main attractions. But to be fair, it’s hard to outshine Kevin Durant when he’s casually dropping 39 while Josh Richardson is pouring in a career-high 37 points in a game that came down to the very last possession.
- Adebayo posted eight points, 11 rebounds, three assists, and two blocks in 25 minutes for the Heat while Cousins struggled for the first time since his return, scoring only seven points and pulling down three boards in 26 minutes.
- Rajon Rondo was held scoreless but did add three rebounds and seven assists against the Philadelphia 76ers as his Los Angeles Lakers fell on the road 120-143.
- For the Orlando Magic, Isaiah Briscoe had a poor shooting night, missing seven of his eight attempts for only two points and two assists.
- Check out the full stat sheet below.
|Devin Booker (PHX)||104-117 L @ SAC||27||9-19 (3-5)||8||6||0||0||5||-15||35|
|De'Aaron Fox (SAC)||117-104 W vs. PHX||17||5-11 (2-4)||6||9||2||0||2||+10||31|
|Willie Cauley-Stein (SAC)||117-104 W vs. PHX||10||3-5 (0-0)||8||2||1||5||1||+12||26|
|Bam Adebayo (MIA)||118-120 L @ GSW||8||4-6 (0-0)||11||3||1||2||2||-10||25|
|DeMarcus Cousins (GSW)||120-118 W vs. MIA||7||2-6 (0-3)||3||1||2||3||2||-12||26|
|Isaiah Briscoe (ORL)||124-108 W @ ATL||2||1-8 (0-3)||0||2||0||0||1||+4||22|
|Rajon Rondo (LAL)||120-143 L @ PHI||0||0-3 (0-0)||3||7||0||0||2||-14||15|
|Skal Labissiere (POR)||101-102 L @ DAL||DNP-CD||--||--||--||--||--||--||--||--|
|Alex Poythress (ATL)||108-124 L vs. ORL||DNP-G League||--||--||--||--||--||--||--||--|
TONIGHT IN THE NBA
7:00: Knicks (Knox) @ Cavaliers (Knight)
7:00: Wizards (Wall-out) @ Pistons
7:00: Hornets (Kidd-Gilchrist, Monk) @ Pacers
7:30: Nets @ Raptors
8:00: Bucks (Bledsoe) @ Bulls
8:00 (NBATV): Mavericks @ Rockets
8:00: Clippers (Gilgeous-Alexander) @ Timberwolves (Towns)
8:00: Trail Blazers (Labissiere) @ Thunder (Diallo, Noel, Patterson)
9:00: Heat (Adebayo) @ Nuggets (Lyles, Murray, Vanderbilt)
Follow me on Twitter: @ZackGeoghegan