As you prepare to turn the calendar, get the pen out for a few important Friday nights in the Commonwealth.
Unlike a few previous years, Kentucky’s 2020 recruiting class already features four commitments from the state. This fall you can spend Friday nights watching future UK football players on the gridiron. In one case, future teammates will face one another.
Two future UK wide receivers, Butler’s Jordan Watkins and Male’s Izayah Cummings, will face off Friday, September 27 at Male High School. Last year Cummings came out ahead, catching eight passes for 127 yards and a touchdown en route to a 30-12 victory.
Unfortunately, those who are traveling to Columbia for the South Carolina game will be unable to attend, but there are a few other Friday nights that future Wildcats will be featured in marquee matchups.
Beau Allen — Lexington Catholic
- Aug. 23 at Pulaski County at 6:00 p.m.
- Sep. 6 at Covington Catholic at 7:00 p.m.
- Oct. 11 at Boyle County (West Virginia commit Reese Smith and Notre Dame commit Landen Bartleson)
- Nov. 1 vs. Frederick Douglass (Clemson commit Walker Parks, UK 2021 recruits Dekel Crowdus and Jager Burton)
Izayah Cummings — Male
- Aug. 30 at Ballard (UofL DB commit Josh Minkins) at 7:00 p.m.
- Sep. 6 at St. X
- Sep. 20 vs. Trinity
Jordan Watkins — Butler
- Aug. 24 vs. South Warren, 5:00 p.m. at WKU
- Aug. 30 at DeSales (Watkins’ former school)
- Oct. 18 at St. X
John Young — Christian Academy of Louisville
- Sep. 20 at Boyle County
- Oct. 11 vs. DeSales
* All times 7:30 unless noted otherwise.