– Matthew Mitchell and your UK Hoops team upset the 5th ranked South Carolina Gamecocks yesterday. They have advanced into the 2014 Women’s SEC Championship Game vs. Tennessee, which tips-off today at 3:30 PM. Be sure to tune into ESPN and cheer them on to another SEC championship. Before the game begins, here are five things to watch for during today’s matchup, courtesy of ESPN.
– Nobody wants to hear about Kentucky’s loss to Florida, but it happened, and Florida’s team is just that good. For a complete recap of the game and some post-game quotes from yesterday, the NY Times has you covered.
– If you keep up with the NBA, a lot of speculation as of late has Hall of Fame coach Phil Jackson back in the running for a top spot. The New York Knicks have reportedly offered Jackson a seat in the front office to run their everyday operations. For more on that, here’s all you need to know from the NY Daily News.
– There’s a good refresher on Avery Williamson’s performance at the NFL combine, brought to you by ProPlayersInsider.com. In the article, it discusses why Avery was a stand out at the inside linebacker position, and even lists an NFL head coach that was very impressed with his abilities. Head over there now to find out which coach it was.
– Speaking of the NFL, their competition committee is looking at extending the extra point try. They want to experiment with placing the ball at the 25 yard line, which would make the kick a 43-yard attempt, rather than the normal chip shot it is today. For more on this, Judy Battista of NFL.com has all you need to know about the possible rule change.
That’s it for today’s links. Be sure to join us at today as UK Hoops goes for their 3rd SEC Championship. We’ll have more on the big game shortly.