KSR’s Jack Pilgrim is joined by Jake Weingarten of Stockrisers.com and Travis Graf of Cats Illustrated for episode five of the Sources Say Podcast.
This week, the trio of recruiting insiders start the show by breaking down the commitments of Lance Ware and Terrence Clarke.
A few talking points:
- Could Lance Ware be the first four-star forward who departs for the NBA after one season in Lexington?
- Why it’s so huge for Kentucky to lock up a star big man early in the process
- What was with the last-minute Duke buzz for Terrence Clarke?
- Clarke was moved to No. 4 in both Rivals and 247Sports for 2020. ESPN? No. 13.
- Why does Clarke’s commitment make life easier for the Kentucky coaching staff?
Then, Pilgrim, Weingarten, and Graf discuss where Kentucky goes at the point guard position.
Among the topics:
- Jalen Green and Kentucky mutually part ways. Why?
- Why Immanuel Quickley’s potential return as a junior helps Kentucky with Cade Cunningham
- Will Devin Askew’s recruitment come down to Louisville or Kentucky? Who leads?
- Is Josh Christopher still an option?
After breaking down Ware and Clarke, along with the guard options, the Sources Say crew dive into week two of the fall recruiting period.
- Dawson Garcia cuts Kentucky from his list. Is the UK coaching staff confident in other targets?
- Kentucky visits Cliff Omoruyi. Is that option back on the table?
- Could John Calipari convince Jonathan Kuminga to join a “super team” in Lexington?