Good Morning. I miss football already, but luckily there are a few more games today. While it looks like the NFL is taking a hiatus, there are two college football games: Utah State vs. Tennessee at 7 and SMU vs. Baylor at 7:30.. If you’re more of a basketball person, Team USA will also continue its FIBA World Cup efforts tonight at 3:30.
– There was a lot of football yesterday, so its understanding if you couldn’t keep up with the SEC. Here is a SEC Roundup to get you up-to-dateon what happened yesterday in the conference. (*spoiler alert* — Florida surprised everyone by staying undefeated at 0-0 after its game was cancelled)
– Sports Illustrated staff members have way to much time on their hands, but I appreciate it. SI put together a gif compilation of highlights from week one of college football. It’s pretty long, but it will at least give you something to do until football tonight.
– The No. 19 University of Kentucky volleyball team started its season strong this weekend. The team won the Bluegrass Battle after finishing the weekend 3-0 after wins over Wichita State, Butler and Virginia Tech. The Cats only dropped one set against Virginia Tech and went 9-1 on the weekend.
– The World Cup is back. No not that one. The basketball one. Team USA (not surprisingly) rolled over Finland 114-55. Klay Thompson and Anthony Davis led team USA.
– John Calipari told CBSSports.com Anthony Davis will be the NBA’s best player in less than 5 years. Can we really disagree with him though?
– Kevin Durant really knows how to play the game. Nike counter offered Under Armour’s offer of between $265 millon to $285 to get him to sign with them. Who needs to even play basketball when you have shoe deals like that?