Welp, Tom Izzo was supposed to be shot out of a cannon, and he didn’t disappoint. Oh wait, that was a stunt double. Then in fact he did disappoint and is trying to deceive us all. Shame on you Coach Izzo.
On to the links:
- According to AP, Izzo and the Spartans are going to be tested early against Kentucky. You don’t say..
- Kyle Tucker shares his thoughts on last night’s “Bigger Blue Madness” festivities.
- Jerry Tipton, Fox News, had a night on Twitter that was the stuff of Kentucky Sports Radio legend as one of the best ever. Kudos to you Jerry, and here’s his thoughts on Big Blue Madness “rocking the senses.” Oh Jerry-pretty sure he thought he’d wandered into a Pink Floyd concert instead of BBM. Bet he’s a Dark Side of the Moon fan.
- Jason King of ESPN was in the house for Madness, and he wrote about the hype surrounding the freshmen recruiting class and how Coach Cal “hopes they’re right” to be doing so. Cal likes his team.
- Here’s a quick video rundown from ESPN of Madness events around the country: Duke, Oklahoma State, UConn, Florida Gulf Coast (whaaaaaa,) and Michigan State are included with Kentucky in the Madness coverage. Oh, and ESPN thinks it’s a good idea to say “for realz.” Trust me, it’s not.
- City League Hoops compiled a highlight video from the scrimmage. Of… Practice…
- Memphis filled the Fed Ex Forum for Pastner again, despite no Drake and no Justin Timberlake on hand for the festivities, despite rumors to the contrary. The Kentucky Effect has plenty of pull, even in Tennessee. Shout out to my family and friends in Memphis–I know you’re still bitter we took your coach… Our bad. You can have Bruce Pearl?
- The Courier-Journal has a lovely video of the “giant, fire-breathing, rotating screen” at Big Blue Madness, in all its absurd glory.
- Kentucky Wildcats TV shared a 1:13 video that sums up the night rather succinctly, with Julius Randle saying “it’s nuts in there, it’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen.”
- Our friends at KSTV shared a video of the entire BBM scrimmage with you, the fine people of the Internet who would like to relive a practice scrimmage.
- Wesley Woodyard blogged about returning to practice with the Broncos and Von Miller’s return to the defense. Woodyard also said he’d like to coach someday when he’s done playing football. The BBN would welcome the Denver team captain back to Lexington at anytime in case you’re reading this Wesley (I really hope so..)
- Louisville lost at home to Central Florida 38-35–on homecoming night. How devastating that must be for Cards fans, whose window of opportunity for making the BCS Championship with the weakest schedule in college football history (only a slight exaggeration..) has decidedly closed.
What a weekend.