After eight years, the Kentucky Sports Radio that we have all come to know and love has changed faces for good. By now you have surely noticed the effect, and if not, take a look at Matt’s recap of the revamp. There is a load of nice visual improvements, and the skeleton to implement more cool features in the future is set in place. This is a happy time!
But I would be remiss to not allow for a moment of silence to remember the KSR of old…
Nov. 30, 2005
Aug. 23, 2013
After eight years and more than 31,500 posts, ugly KSR is gone.
Today is a new dawn. The first morning of the new and improved KSR. Long live pretty KSR!
– Five-star point guard and No. 3 player in the 2014 class Emmanuel Mudiay is making his college choice tonight on ESPNU at the Under Armour Elite 24 game, and the odds for Kentucky do not look promising.
– It is an awkward time for basketball tournaments, being the start of football season, but if you can familiarize yourself with the UA teams for tonight’s contest. Some of the biggest names to take note of: Stanley Johnson, Steve Zimmerman, Rashad Vaughn, and Tyus Jones. But each team is brimming with talent. Should be a fun one.
– The football team is seeing big upgrades in more areas than just offense and defense. Special teams is getting plenty of attention from Coach Peveto, and it seems senior kicker Joe Mansour is taking notice.
– Need more special teams coverage? Fear not, friend of KSR contributed this report to the Courier-Journal, and you can catch up on Mansour, punter Landon Foster, and freshman leg Austin MacGinnis too.
– Finally, some sad news. The funeral for 16-year-old De’Antre Turman is scheduled for 11 a.m. this morning at a church in Georgia. The high school junior was a Kentucky recruit and died following a spinal cord injury during a pre-season football game.