It’s a happy FridayÂ at the KSR South Compound because last night, the Nashville Predators completed their improbable sweep of the Chicago Blackhawks. As they did the entire series, the Preds dominated, winning 4-1 to advance to the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, where they’ll face either St. Louis or Minnesota (probably St. Louis). Shoutout to goalkeeper Pekka Rinne, who has been phenomenal in the postseason, stopping 123 of 126 Chicago shots over four games. Unbelievable.
I wasn’t there, but the scene outside Bridgestone Arena after the win was crazy, with fans flipping over the Blackhawks “smash car” in celebration:
â€” The Tennessean (@Tennessean) April 21, 2017
And that was only round one. Â Phew. Let’s go over today’s agenda, shall we?
1. Kevin Knox will announce his decision in May
If you were hoping for an April announcement from Kevin Knox, well, sorry.Â Rob Jones spoke with Knox’s father, who said his son will announce his decision sometime between May 1-7. Which means it will certainly come while everyone’s busy celebrating Oaks or Derby.
2. Meanwhile, I’m going to try not to read too much into this tweet from Jarred Vanderbilt
Never question God. Everything happens for a reason!!
— Jarred Vanderbilt (@JVando_) April 21, 2017
I mean, that could be about anything, right? He could be talking about losing a game of NBA2K, not his foot injury, of which we still haven’t heard the severity despite it being almost an entire week.
3. ICYMI, Calipari says he’s “not done quite yet” with the 2017 class
Calipari’s been a busy man this week and yesterday, took to Twitter to tell fans he’s “not done quite yet” with his 2017 class:
â€œBeen a great last few days meeting with potential future Cats and learning about their dreams and aspirations, talking about what UK is andÂ isnâ€™t,â€ Calipari wrote. â€œFor those asking about our current signing class, we announce the entire group together when we are finished with the class. Not done quite yet!â€
Sounds like a confident man to me.
4. Louisville met with the NCAA Infractions committee
Yesterday, UofL met with the NCAA Infractions Committee for over ten hours to discuss the ongoing investigation into the sex scandal, during which they were able to appeal the charges against them. We won’t know the verdict for another six to eight weeks, which makes June quite an exciting month in the Bluegrass.
5. Because of a schedule change, UK Baseball will play a doubleheader with #8 LSU today
Bad weather is expected in Lexington tomorrow, so UK had to change the schedule for their series with #8 LSU. Starting at 2 p.m., the Bat Cats will take on the Tigers in a double header. The third game will take place Sunday. If you’d like that laid out in an even simpler format, here you go:
- Game 1: Friday, 2 p.m.
- Game 2: Friday, one hour after end of game 1 (about 6:30 p.m.)
- Game 2: Sunday, 1 p.m.
If you had tickets to Saturday’s game, don’t worry, you can use them today. Or watch on SEC Network+ on your computer. Or listen on ukathletics.com, 630 WLAP, or iHeart Radio.
6. Last night in the NBA Playoffs…
…Patrick Patterson’s Raptors lost to the Bucks, while Andrew Harrison’s Grizzlies beat the Spurs. Meanwhile, LeBron James messed around and got a triple double to lead the Cavs over the Pacers. This dunk was impressive:
He’s pretty good at this basketball thing.
7. Tonight’s games
- 7:00 PM: Celtics (James Young) at Bulls (Rajon Rondo), ESPN
- 9:30 PM: Rockets at Thunder (Enes Kanter), ESPN
- 10:00 PM: Clippers at Jazz (Trey Lyles), ESPN2
8. The 2017 NFL Schedule was released
Last night, schedules were released for the 2017 NFL season. You can see them all here, but I’ll do you a solid and copy and paste the Bengals’ slate:
- Sep. 10Â Â Â Baltimore RavensÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
- Sep. 14Â Â Â Houston Texans (Thu)Â Â Â 8:25 PM
- Sep. 24Â Â Â at Green Bay PackersÂ Â Â 4:25 PM
- Oct. 1Â Â Â at Cleveland BrownsÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
- Oct. 8Â Â Â Buffalo BillsÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
- Oct. 15Â Â Â BYE
- Oct. 22Â Â Â at Pittsburgh SteelersÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
- Oct. 29Â Â Â Indianapolis ColtsÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
- Nov. 5Â Â Â at Jacksonville JaguarsÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
- Nov. 12Â Â Â at Tennessee TitansÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
- Nov. 19Â Â Â at Denver BroncosÂ Â Â 4:25 PM
- Nov. 26Â Â Â Cleveland BrownsÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
- Dec. 4Â Â Â Pittsburgh Steelers (Mon)Â Â Â 8:30 PM
- Dec. 10Â Â Â Chicago BearsÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
- Dec. 17Â Â Â at Minnesota VikingsÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
- Dec. 24Â Â Â Detroit LionsÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
- Dec. 31Â Â Â at Baltimore RavensÂ Â Â 1:00 PM
And the Titans’:
- Sep. 10Â Â Â Oakland RaidersÂ Â Â 12:00 PM
- Sep. 17Â Â Â at Jacksonville JaguarsÂ Â Â 12:00 PM
- Sep. 24Â Â Â Seattle SeahawksÂ Â Â 3:05 PM
- Oct. 1Â Â Â at Houston TexansÂ Â Â 12:00 PM
- Oct. 8Â Â Â at Miami DolphinsÂ Â Â 12:00 PM
- Oct. 16Â Â Â Indianapolis Colts (Mon)Â Â Â 7:30 PM
- Oct. 22Â Â Â at Cleveland BrownsÂ Â Â 12:00 PM
- Oct. 29Â Â Â BYE
- Nov. 5Â Â Â Baltimore RavensÂ Â Â 12:00 PM
- Nov. 12Â Â Â Cincinnati BengalsÂ Â Â 12:00 PM
- Nov. 16Â Â Â at Pittsburgh Steelers (Thu)Â Â Â 7:25 PM
- Nov. 26Â Â Â at Indianapolis ColtsÂ Â Â 12:00 PM
- Dec. 3Â Â Â Houston TexansÂ Â Â 12:00 PM
- Dec. 10Â Â Â at Arizona CardinalsÂ Â Â 3:05 PM
- Dec. 17Â Â Â at San Francisco 49ersÂ Â Â 3:25 PM
- Dec. 24Â Â Â Los Angeles RamsÂ Â Â 12:00 PM
- Dec. 31Â Â Â Jacksonville JaguarsÂ Â Â 12:00 PM
Is it September yet?
9. The Unicorn Frappuccino looks absolutely disgusting
In case you somehow missed it this week, everyone’s talking about Starbucks’ new “Unicorn Frappuccino,” which, as the title implies, looks like a unicorn crapped into a cup. Seriously, this thing looks gross, which, of course, means everyone wants to try it:
â€” Good Morning America (@GMA) April 21, 2017
Blegh. I’ll stick to tea and cappuccino as God intended, thanks.
10. KSR is at Red State BBQ in Lexington
Come on out to 4020 Georgetown Road to enjoy the show, register for some prizes, and eat some delicious BBQ.